+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Duets: 6/20/12 Movie Songs *SPOILERS*

Re: Duets: 6/20/12 Movie Songs *SPOILERS*

Robin is right. Jason sounds weaker in the lower register. But when he gets higher he is beautiful.
    maxkl likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Jason and Jordan in the B2.

J Rome
    John
    Bridget
    Olivia
    Jordan
    Jason

Of the people left, I think Olivia is the weakest. But it will be Jordan and Jason singing for thier spots.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fanatic

I put that on Kelly, I don't think that song did Jason well.
    I like the song, but it didn't showcase him much.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I want Jason to go thru... Not sure he deserves to.

Jason goes thru and Jordan goes home. She seemed to take it pretty hard too.

Not sure which of them have a better chance of winning this thing.

But I still think it will be J Rome at the end.

Jordan was a nice girl, but her duet last night with Kelly was very weak IMO. I thought both of them were off most of the song. I'll have to replay it, but I was shocked that everyone said they liked it. Really? I don't buy it. The scores reflected it too.

I can't stand the song John and Jennifer performed, but they did a great job. John is my favorite right now. Both of Jennifer's partners are gifted musically, but I wonder how much she actually helps them. I would be curious to see what the other contestants could do if they spent a couple of days working with her. Would we see a huge difference in their performances? I think we would. I think it would make a huge difference.
    nanarama and AlwaysVeg like this.

I am not sure who took it harder Jordan or Kelly. Kelly wears her heart on her sleeve.

I am still loving John and J Rome.

Jason appears to get a little better each week - I just don't think its enough.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maybe some of Robin's fans can respond to this, but where does he get his fan base? I can't figure out why he was selected for this show. Just curious. I have heard he tours and records. I'm just not familiar with his work. It seemed like he selected a song that he would do well at and not so much his partner.

I hope that John can hang in there when America starts voting. I think he has much substance and I hope the viewers see that.

Did anyone hear that Kelly went blonde?
    NFL1 and AmyKay like this.

Yes, I saw a photo of her. She looks good.

As for Robin, he is growing on me. My girlfriend loves his music.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Maybe some of Robin's fans can respond to this, but where does he get his fan base? I can't figure out why he was selected for this show. Just curious. I have heard he tours and records. I'm just not familiar with his work.
    He is big on R&B/soul/Hip hop radio. I have followed him since he was featured on a Lil Wayne song and then his first major CD (he had one prior to the Evolution of Robin Thicke, but it didnt sell well compared to his others)

John I have followed since near his beginning! Back before Kanye West was really huge he came to a local college for a $10/ticket concert as his opening act. I had never heard of John before that and afterwards I was WAY more impressed with him than I was with Kanye. Im really rooting for him, I hope this gives him (and Robin) some more mainstream exposure!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast