+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Duets: Party Songs June 13th Show! *SPOILERS*

Re: Duets: Party Songs June 13th Show! *SPOILERS*

Mel is the one to go.

I think not having Robin's two people leave first was a factor.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Next week J Rome will tackle "I Will Always Love You" and he sounded good!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    I love Jennifer Nettles.... And whoever she sings with.
    I totally love Jennifer as well. I will watch this show nomatter what because Jennifer and Kelly are on it.
    maxkl, NFL1 and Jaceegirl like this.

I am a new fan of Jennifer's I looked her up on you tube. She is so good! I have always loved Kelly.

I like this show( It went very fast tonight) looking forward to next week!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am a new fan of Jennifer's I looked her up on you tube. She is so good! I have always loved Kelly.

I love Kelly too, just when I think of Duets...well.

What is it that makes me wonder if what the judges are putting into their little scoring computer even matters? It may be that the producers are behind the scenes, placing the contestants where they want them to be. The judges input could have little effect on the outcome at this stage of the game. After the viewer voting starts, I think that will stop.

FORT Fogey

Me too - only tuned into this because of Kelly and love Jennifer - never knew her before. She really chose singers who blended really well with her while I think the guys picked singers who were beautiful (I think John even eluded to this last night)... all 4 of Robin and John's singers were interchangable to me...too bad John's guy singer didn't continue - he was good. BUT if they get a 2nd season, I'd say they need to replace Robin AND John and get two real superstar men! People different from the mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1 View Post
    Me too - only tuned into this because of Kelly and love Jennifer - never knew her before. She really chose singers who blended really well with her while I think the guys picked singers who were beautiful (I think John even eluded to this last night)... all 4 of Robin and John's singers were interchangable to me...too bad John's guy singer didn't continue - he was good. BUT if they get a 2nd season, I'd say they need to replace Robin AND John and get two real superstar men! People different from the mainstream.
    I had heard of Sugarland, I just never connected the two. I just watched J Rome again, he's very very comfortable on stage.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I love Jennifer and always have - being a huge Sugarland fan. I admit to being a country music fan as well as many other genres. Jennifer just proves she can sing anything. I really like this show except for the voting process which needs some work. Hope they realize that and fix it. I was glad to see Jason from Kelly's team make it through. Have always loved Kelly. I am surprised as I did not think I cared for Robin and knew nothing of him. He is surprising me by showing he has some really tender moments. Loved seeing his adorable little boy and he seems to really care about his singers. When the show first started I thought it was going to be very lopsided with the contestants, but am glad to see the improvement of the ones who were extremely nervous and seem to be more relaxed as time goes on. I like seeing the way they really work with their singers and help them where they are weak. I see all of them improving. All in all I am enjoying the show.
    nanarama likes this.

Producers can not manipulate the voting. I believe that is illegal by game show regulations. And this is at it's heart a game show.

The wildly different voting can be accounted by a few things. A learning curve of the personalities voting.

"Hey, my two are on the bottom, I am going to stop being so generous to other contestants..."

So the mentors are learning how to vote more rationally. And they are human, voting high for the new girl, J Rome when he talked about his grandpa, and lastly for Robins girl in the sing off so Robin won't be peopleless.
    nanarama likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123