+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Duets: 6/7/12 Personal Inspirations Duets aka Week 3 Show *spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: Duets: 6/7/12 Personal Inspirations Duets aka Week 3 Show *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Robin and Olivia doing Crazy in Love by Beyonce and Jay-Z!

Wow, this is kind of bad. He is no Jay-Z and this does not show off her voice. AT ALL!
    I thought this singer should have gone home - how did she stay above the bottom 2??
    Debb70 likes this.

Some thoughts:

1) The only folks I want to see doing Beyonce and Jay-Z are Beyonce and Jay-Z. They are awesome performers and this nonsense wasn't even close.
    2) Kelly Clarkson is too cute and seems so genuine. I liked her before but I really like her now.
    3) Robin is growing on me--he seems to actually care about his partners.
    4) John G and Jennifer are from the same small town...someone needs to go test that water!

Most importantly--given the talent level of both John G and JRome--I vote that all singing reality tv show judges be replaced by Jennifer Nettles asap. This is the most lopsided competition I have ever seen--these two are MILES ahead of everyone else. Jennifer clearly knows how to identify (and train/coach) incredible singers.
    AsIs, Debb70 and sparklete like this.

Have always loved Jennifer Nettles (Sugarland) and have all their music. She has only made me love her more as I have gotten to see her personality because of Duets. She certainly is multi-talented from picking her talent to her coaching abilities. J. Rome and John Glosson are both amazing. Jennifer with her beautiful voice always complements their performances. Loved both of their performances this week.

I also love Kelly Clarkson and was so happy to see that Jordan really improved this week with her performance and was able to shake off her nerves. She was like a different person and I really enjoyed her performance. I think Jason has a wonderful voice, but he is so shy. I hope he is able to improve with his nerves. He seemed much better this week and how Olivia ended up above him is a mystery to me. I agreed with Kelly he did not belong in the bottom two.

I thought both of Robin's contestants should have been bottom two. I thought Olivia should have been the first to go before Alexis. At first I was not sure about Robin as I was not familiar with him, but he does seem to care for his contestants and said Alexis would be taken care of by him.

I enjoy John Legend as a singer, but I find him to be a bit condescending in his attitude. Maybe he does not mean it in the way it comes across to me, but Kelly started to give a bit of criticism to his contestants saying something like it was only fair. When John criticized Jason's pronunciation I did feel that he unfairly mentioned that as sometimes I feel John Legend is guilty of the same thing. John's contestants Bridget and Meleana are decent singers, but Maleana's performance of "If I Ain't Got You was middle of the road for me. Bridget has no problem with confidence, but her performance was middle of the road for me as well.

IMO if this episode had been the first of the season, this show might have been a bigger hit. The judging is still flawed, John Legend and Robin's teams blend together, and while John and J. Rome are the front runners, I still enjoy watching to see if the underdogs of Jordan and Jason can climb up. Listening to the beautiful voice of Jennifer and always loving Kelly has made it very enjoyable for me.
    nanarama likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384 View Post
    John G and Jennifer are from the same small town...someone needs to go test that water!
    Darn! My husband was born in that same small town - and it IS SMALL. Too bad the singing gene passed him by, though he does play piano and sings in the choir.

It is incredible the level of talent that both Jennifer's people have. IMO, they're way ahead of the rest of the pack.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Did you catch the previews from last week. They said something about a shocking sing off or elimination. WHAT? I don't want to see Jennifer's two guys going against each other. If either of them go home I will be very disappointed, because that's just crazy! What could they mean by that though?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did you catch the previews from last week. They said something about a shocking sing off or elimination. WHAT? I don't want to see Jennifer's two guys going against each other. If either of them go home I will be very disappointed, because that's just crazy! What could they mean by that though?
    I saw that last night. They showed Jennifer, I didn't see her two guys though.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I saw that last night. They showed Jennifer, I didn't see her two guys though.
    They show Robin's remaining partner and then show Jennifer saying "All bets are off." They say tune it for a shocking show down. Hmmmmmm....... maybe it's all for drama and to get people to tune in. If they insult the viewers by sending home one of the really good singers, it's not going to go over well, IMO.

They show Robin's remaining partner and then show Jennifer saying "All bets are off." They say tune it for a shocking show down. Hmmmmmm....... maybe it's all for drama and to get people to tune in. If they insult the viewers by sending home one of the really good singers, it's not going to go over well, IMO.
    Well its all about reality tv.What they show is often nothing to do with what happens.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I hope it is all for edit as I agree there is no way that it would be fair to lose either of Jennifer's singers. The only way I see one of her singers being eliminated is if they have an epic fail which is hard to imagine or the other judges decide to play dirty. I sure hope not as I agree it would not go over well at all.

Funny, but I was wondering kind of the same thing. Like, what if they made all or at least the top people compete in a sing off against each other so that each pro singer only had one to work with. This to me is so unfair because the cream rises to the top and I feel that both of Jennifer's guys deserve to be there hands down. In fact, I lean towards John being the best even though he hasn't gotten scored the highest score either week. I don't really like the format of the show thus far. I think if you gave the audience a vote like DWTS it would be a little more fair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast