+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Duets: 5-31-12 Classic Duets aka Week 2 Show *spoilers*

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: Duets: 5-31-12 Classic Duets aka Week 2 Show *spoilers*

Meleana made it to Hollywood week in AI3. There is a video on youtube (you can search for Meleana) of her and two other girls performing "You Can't Hurry Love" in front of Simon, Paula and Randy. The other two sounded bad and/or forgot words, and Meleana couldn't remember the words at all. To be fair, it sounds like Meleana had some kind of problems that kept them from rehearsing.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Kelly Clarkson is a cutie but she needs a stylist. She is a little on the chunky side, especially in the legs and should not wear heavy dark shoes with straps that cut you off at the ankle. A skin tone, delicate shoe is the way to go. I know she has recently lost weight but that blue dress did not show off her body well. It looked too small.
    Kelly has aways struggled with her weight .The media have always been unkind She has had rumors that she is gay as well .I like her voice, I don't care what she looks like( fat thin or in between)
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've only seen a little of the last show and am a bit ashamed to admit the only thing I'm really interested in is the real reason that one guy was suddenly replaced.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Kelly has aways struggled with her weight .The media have always been unkind She has had rumors that she is gay as well .I like her voice, I don't care what she looks like( fat thin or in between)
    Nor do I but I like to report my observations. I am a frustrated stylist.

I am late in posting as I did not get to watch the show on the night it aired. I am still enjoying the singing, but agree the scoring is weird. I guess next week they do get to perform again and two are eliminated. I forget what week the audience finally gets to vote - either when there are 3 or 4 left. I will be curious to see if the scoring is different as I disagree with the way they have the present order.

I thought both of Kelly's singers performed much better this week than last week. One thing I do notice is I am getting to see the personalities of the stars more than I ever knew before. I knew nothing of Robin Thicke and not crazy about him. I always really liked John Legends singing, but his personality is different than I thought it would be. He does come across as condescending and I agree that he has to be very stingy in his voting. I hope Kelly and Jennifer start to realize this.

I also did like Meleana's voice, but am just as curious as ilja that I would like to know the real reason for Johnny Gray leaving. I also liked both of Kelly's singers and thought Jason was good and seemed more relaxed. If he had the moves of J. Rome I think he would be really good. I also think Kelly's other singer is very good. Not sure what their experience is compared to some, but they seem to have less than the rest, but I have not tried looking them up. I agree Olivia was the worst and to not remember her lyrics that were just a few words seemed really bad. I also did not think her voice blended well with Robin's either. Some that I thought were good last week were not as good this week and vice versa.

I agree either a different way of voting or an impartial judge would be better. Just my opinion, but I do disagree about Jimmy Iovine. He made a few mistakes on AI. One of them being that Jessica was singing songs way too old for her, but he did nothing to change that. He also had his favorites - I guess they all do. Maybe since it is such a short span they could do it more like The Voice does and have eliminations by the judges or open it up to the audience sooner. In the mean time I plan on continuing to watch. It is not perfect, but mostly because of the voting. The songs are different from both The Voice and AI and I do still love Kelly, Jennifer and John's voice even if his personality is surprising me.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Meleana made it to Hollywood week in AI3. There is a video on youtube (you can search for Meleana) of her and two other girls performing "You Can't Hurry Love" in front of Simon, Paula and Randy. The other two sounded bad and/or forgot words, and Meleana couldn't remember the words at all. To be fair, it sounds like Meleana had some kind of problems that kept them from rehearsing.
    Seems like some of the singers have more experience than others. She definitely seemed comfortable with herself performing with John. Wonder if he knew that and part of the reason she was picked.

I love Kelly Clarkson and have since AI. I think she has a great voice and love her style of music. What I did notice about Kelly that I find a little odd is something she said in an interview about 6 months ago. I can't recall where it was. I think it was on The View. Anyway, she said that she had never been in love, so that singing or writing music about being in love was a stretch for her. She is 30 years old. Now, I'm not saying it is unheard of, but regardless of your sexual inclination, I would think that any person who is 30 years old, would have been in love at least once. Am I off base? She seemed very honest when she talked about this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I love Kelly Clarkson and have since AI. I think she has a great voice and love her style of music. What I did notice about Kelly that I find a little odd is something she said in an interview about 6 months ago. I can't recall where it was. I think it was on The View. Anyway, she said that she had never been in love, so that singing or writing music about being in love was a stretch for her. She is 30 years old. Now, I'm not saying it is unheard of, but regardless of your sexual inclination, I would think that any person who is 30 years old, would have been in love at least once. Am I off base? She seemed very honest when she talked about this too.
    No, I would also think this. But that's not to say she hasn't been in love. Her first love has always been singing, some people shelf relationships until such time as they are ready. She seems happy in the one she has now.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I agree Debb70. I had heard those rumors about Kelly regarding her being gay and would think that at age 30 regardless of her sexual orientation would have thought she would have experienced love at least once. I did not see that program, but I just recently heard she has a boyfriend and if it works I am going to put a link in to the article regarding her recent weight loss and a picture of him. I hope it is okay to put a link in and if not I apologize to the mods. This is just one article, but there are several out there that talk about it.

Kelly Clarkson shuns stick-thin Hollywood... even as her figure continues to shrink | Mail Online

Anyway, if she was not in love before - maybe she is now.

She looks great! and happy
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast