+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: John Glosson - Duet Partner

John Glosson - Duet Partner

Partnered with: Jennifer Nettles

Georgia native John Glosson is a special events and wedding business owner. Singing since childhood in his family church choir and throughout college, Glosson credits his wife for the support she has given him while he rehearses and performs his music in between balancing his work and family schedules. Always entertaining and endearing, once Glosson starts singing, his robust, powerful voice and moving musicality instantly command attention.

Glosson usually only performs in groups, but says he is now more than ready for his moment to showcase his musical talents with his hometown hero, Jennifer Nettles.

John Glosson Bio - Duets - ABC.com
    Last edited by Critical; 05-24-2012 at 09:40 PM.

Re: John Glosson - Duet Partner

I loved this guy! He's the only partner that stood out IMO. If they kick him off, I don't think I can continue to watch.

He has that full "church" voice yet can blend with Jennifer's more strident tones. I really like him.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He had that different look that caught my eye. Most of the others just don't stand out, IMO. I think this guy has a lot more underneath to offer, but was playing it down. I hope Jennifer gives him the opportunity to really open up with a dynamic number.

Of course, I love Jennifer. She's great. She has a few songs I don't care for at all, such as Stuck On You. Uggghhh. Detest that song, but most are good. She normally gives a song her all.

I really liked him.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

When I was posting this thread yesterday and saw his pic, I thought "Roy Orbison." The clothes, the glasses, the hair (even though it's not coal black), but he's got the voice too!

I like being surprised (pleasantly) by someone. I definitely was not expecting that voice to come out of him.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really liked him and so agree that he reminded me of someone and Critical you are correct - Roy Orbison. I loved Roy Orbison and this guy did surprise me when that voice came out of him. I really hope he remains in and am curious to see how this show progresses. I would think they would let the audience get involved eventually.

I think it's kind of telling that the only singer that has replies to his thread is John Glossom! I liked him a lot as well. We have company from out of town so I missed most of the show but he was my favorite of those I saw. It doesn't hurt that Jennifer Nettles is my husbands first cousin's daughter! (My husband was actually born in Douglas where she's from.)

I wish I could vote!
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I think it's kind of telling that the only singer that has replies to his thread is John Glossom! I liked him a lot as well. We have company from out of town so I missed most of the show but he was my favorite of those I saw. It doesn't hurt that Jennifer Nettles is my husbands first cousin's daughter! (My husband was actually born in Douglas where she's from.)

I wish I could vote!
    I hope we all get to vote nanarama. Wow - to be related to Jennifer has to be so great. I love her and her beautiful voice.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post

I wish I could vote!
    OMG! Talk about claim to fame. That's awesome. She's a true talent and seems very personable. Good for you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast