+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Ready for some more singing? Please keep all discussion in this thread until the show is over, and let's hope this is a good one!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Re: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Not sure if I can get in to this show or not. I heard an interview with Robin Thicke earlier today. It's definitely going to be different than other singing competitions. I have it set to record though as I love me my Kelly Clarkson!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I'm watching (the Met game is in a rain delay ) -- so far I like the smooth R&B sound of Robin Thicke's first partner. But she's a little tentative in her first try.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I'm feeling a little lost on the format. I've only been half paying attention. Does each "coach/duet star" go through all their partners first?

How are they ranked?
    Debb70 likes this.

I wish we got to see more of the preshow selections. I'm feeling that I don't know, at all, who these contestants are.

I wanted to see the premiere tonight, but we were invited out to dinner (at my favorite Greek restaurant) and I totally missed it. I am hoping the episodes will be viewable on ABCs website the day after.

Just tuning in. Jennifer Nettles and her partner on Stay were great! If they only placed third, can't wait to watch the first half when this half is over!

Not sure on the voting placement, but my guess is that each non-singing coach gives them a score, that score is then compared with others scores, hence where they place amoung the contestants. So this guy placed thirdd, but could drop if others surpase him.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Not feeling Robin and his partner, not sure it is a great song choice for her. He is over powering her.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

J Rome is awesome! Legend's first guy is good, but didn't like it as much as J Rome.

And my description of the voting was spot on. So if you are a mentor you have the power to vote down your stiffest competition. Not sure I like this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs View Post
    Just tuning in. Jennifer Nettles and her partner on Stay were great! If they only placed third, can't wait to watch the first half when this half is over!
    That performance was great--and both of them sounded incredible!
    Wow, John Glosson..better remember that name.
    AsIs and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast