+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

There is a ninth person's name (no picture) on the official bios page for the duet partners. I wondered what the deal was with that when I was setting up the threads for this forum. Must be the new partner John Legend mentioned in the preview for this week. I wonder who's leaving.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

This show was strange. I like Kelly Clarkson, so I tried to watch. The scoring was not well thought out, and I find it odd that the professional singers/coaches sang a lot more than their contestants. I really don't like Robin Thicke and think that he himself would not make it as a contestant on a singing show himself, which is ironic!
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fogey

I read a review that the ratings started OK and then people tuned out during the show. I did exactly that. I thought the introduction of the contestants was rushed...would have preferred to see more of each person and the scoring was more complex than I was willing to listen to.

FORT Fogey

Jimmy Kimmel said it all in his monolog about Duets. "It's about time they had a singing competition."

I concure. Enough already. I watched this first episode then took it off my DVR. Bored me to tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Jimmy Kimmel said it all in his monolog about Duets. "It's about time they had a singing competition."

I concure. Enough already. I watched this first episode then took it off my DVR. Bored me to tears.
    I am going to watch it tonight ( again) and see. Sometimes one show isn't enough for me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post

So did the second one. Bore me to tears. I like Kelly and Jennifer, which is why I was watching, but no real interest in any of the contestants.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456