+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I only watched about the first 1/2 hour of this and then turned it off. I think I've had my fill of singing competitions. Maybe if they'd let a week or two pass by after AI finished, I could have taken it. But considering there are only 3 pages of commentary on this show by the next morning, I don't think the show's future is promising.
    You may want to give it another chance. I never comment on any show while viewing, but wait until the next day. Hopefully, people will tune in and it ends up being popular. I think because of it being a summer show and obligations of fall shows they had to start right away. Also, last night was the start of SYTYCD and since that show has been around for awhile I would guess many people were watching that. DWTS just ended and they started SYTYCD right away. I like any type of show that covers singing and dancing. It's a different concept and I was definitely interested in seeing what it would be like. I really enjoyed the amateur singers as well as the pros and it was nice to hear current music.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    You may want to give it another chance. I never comment on any show while viewing, but wait until the next day. Hopefully, people will tune in and it ends up being popular. I think because of it being a summer show and obligations of fall shows they had to start right away. Also, last night was the start of SYTYCD and since that show has been around for awhile I would guess many people were watching that. DWTS just ended and they started SYTYCD right away. I like any type of show that covers singing and dancing. It's a different concept and I was definitely interested in seeing what it would be like. I really enjoyed the amateur singers as well as the pros and it was nice to hear current music.
    Thanks Jaceegirl. I might do that. I think it would help if I could record it and FF when it gets slow. We just had too much to record last night, so I was trying to watch it live. I still think I'm just burned out on singing competitions. I want to like this, because I'm a fan of Kelly, and Robin Thicke really impressed me with the advice he was giving on The Voice. Not really familiar with John Legend nor the other girl.

I think I read somewhere that this show will rerun at some time? I'll look for it.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I'm enjoying everyone's comments as much as the non-singing portions of the show.
    I liked Thicke more than I thought I would. I don't care for him pre-show and this may just change my opinion.

I just wish I understood the voting process. I wasn't paying close enough attention to know more than the coaches/celebs do the voting? Why is it so secretive to the audience. Especially since it's not live. It's not like the votes will change. I don't need to know who voted what, but I would like to know how the ranking was decided.

I read something online that said after the first 4 or 5 go it will be turned over to the audience for voting - so I am guessing the voting process is similar to the show The Voice. I guess they will continue to be ranked by the the pros. They did say no one would be going home for 2 weeks, so guess next week someone will go home. I agree with those that said Kelly must have been giving others higher marks, but I bet we will see that change.

BuckeyeAddict and any that did not see the entire show I understand it will be repeated on Sunday.

I am loving this show because the focus is on the vocals. Its what a singing show should be based on.
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Poor Kelly. I hope she can bounce back next week or pretty soon, she's not going to have a partner on this show. I think that if she can help her partners get over their nerves, they'll do much better.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Poor Kelly. I hope she can bounce back next week or pretty soon, she's not going to have a partner on this show. I think that if she can help her partners get over their nerves, they'll do much better.
    I caught the first hour of it last night but missed the rest. Why won't Kelly have a partner? Didn't I hear them say that no one would be thrown off until they performed a second time? What is the point of a show called Duets if one of the stars doesn't have a partner? I don't know if I'll be watching much of this show - it was okay what I saw of it - but nothing really got me excited about it.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The girl with the pink hair was very nervous, but once she was on stage. She harmonized so well with Kelly.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

So I watched the rerun last night. It was decent. Still think they should have given us a little down time between singing shows.

Who is Quddus? Was he anybody before this? What kind of name is that? Nobody commented about him, but a friend of mine mentioned him and had the same impression that I did (not favorable). Can't put my finger on it, but there wasn't a big likability factor with him - for me, anyway.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quddus - Host

Here is the link to his thread. He is not stranger to hosting, apparently.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast