+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 5/24 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

My guess is that Kelly is ranking people too high. And the other judges are being more moderate.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    yeah thats the one. I knew it was a show with duets in it though. I think I also saw the one on CMT also. thanks.
    Sure. I've never heard of CMT before, so thanks to whomever came out with that one, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Sure. I've never heard of CMT before, so thanks to whomever came out with that one, too.
    just abbreviation for COUNTRY MUSIC TELEVISION
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I love John Legend and Kelly Clarkson, I saw both of them sing. I have it recorded, but from what I have seen. I really liked!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I loved John Glosson, and Kelly's two, John's first guy. Missed the first two singers, but can't believe Kelly's two are in the bottom!! I hope we get to vote.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I only watched about the first 1/2 hour of this and then turned it off. I think I've had my fill of singing competitions. Maybe if they'd let a week or two pass by after AI finished, I could have taken it. But considering there are only 3 pages of commentary on this show by the next morning, I don't think the show's future is promising.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I hate to be negative, but I found the show rather dull. Perhaps it's because I'm not fan of Legend and Thick. I'm not into their music and it was not interesting to me. I found their partners to fade into the background. Nothing about them struck me as a special talent.

I loved Jennifer Nettles second partner that is from her hometown! He stood out and I could not take my eyes off that performance. He wasn't rated that highly though. Jealousy, I presume.

Jennifer Nettles first partner was good too, but not a stand out in mind.

I love Kelly, but I think she picked two good singers who don't have stage presence. That hurt her scores I think, but I also think they are grading her low out of jealousy. Sorry, but I would rather the audience or at home viewers to vote. I'll have to watch more to see if I like this show.

I think that two other male performers would have been a better. It is unfornate that Ritchie had to bow out.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

This is an interesting concept, sort of fashioned after The Voice, but not really. They will each get to sing again next week before and elimination, and I don't recall hearing how that will happen. The show is nine weeks long, but with eight amateur singers, how will this all work? I guess I'll have to go to the website and read up on it.

I do like that these are amateur singers, but does that mean they've never had a paying job as a singer or just that they've never had a recording contract before now? Both Kelly and Robin were mentor helpers on The Voice so both are familiar with coaching and being aware of the competition production.

I didn't hear a clunker this show, so I'm even more curious how this will work.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Wasn't able to post last night, but did watch. I really liked this show. I like all the singers and I heard some amazing talent. I found it very interesting that some of the comments that they advised their singers not to do were the very things that the AI judges praised their contestants for doing. I don't know if it was because of them singing duets with them or what. I agree I did not hear one clunker on this show and not sure how it is going to work, but I did like it very much and will continue watching. I knew Kelly had helped mentor on The Voice, but forgot that Robin had as well. Definitely am going to have this show as part of my summer viewing along with SYTYCD and Big Brother. I guess summer TV will not be as boring as I originally thought. I hope it does well in the ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Wasn't able to post last night, but did watch. I really liked this show. I like all the singers and I heard some amazing talent. I found it very interesting that some of the comments that they advised their singers not to do were the very things that the AI judges praised their contestants for doing. I don't know if it was because of them singing duets with them or what. I agree I did not hear one clunker on this show and not sure how it is going to work, but I did like it very much and will continue watching. I knew Kelly had helped mentor on The Voice, but forgot that Robin had as well. Definitely am going to have this show as part of my summer viewing along with SYTYCD and Big Brother. I guess summer TV will not be as boring as I originally thought. I hope it does well in the ratings.
    I recorded it, so I was able to run through it pretty quickly . I love to hear voices that can sing- and they can all sing! I will keep watching ., and hope that it does okay.I cannot believe how much Robin sounds like his father.It's like he swallowed his voice!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast