+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dog: The Family Speaks

Dog: The Family Speaks

Did anyone watch this?...Its basically chronicaling the events that happened after Dog's, Tim's, and Leland's arrest...It was very emotional for me watching Beth and the family worry about what's going to happen with Dog, Tim, and Leland being in jail...

I can't believe that they got arrested for bounty hunting in Mexico, to bring Andrew Luster (a rapist who skipped bail) the Max Factor heir back to the US to stand trial...And then being arrested again because they were giving differing stories from the Mexican govt when they were released from prison the first time...Which I find strange that the Mexican govt waited until 3 yrs later to go after the Bounty Hunting crew again...Even Rita Cosby said that something fishy is going on...

I hope the American govt fights to keep them from having to go back to jail and stand trial in Mexico...I wouldn't trust for them to receive a fair trials in Mexico, especially with all the horror stories you here about the Mexican govt being corrupt (not that the US govt isn't corrupt either)...

Maybe now that Dog has a TV show the Mexican government thinks he is rich and that some if the officials can get some kickbacks they will drop the charges??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I like Dog ok. However, his job is to track down people who break laws. And, he knew he was breaking the law by bounty hunting in Mexico. That's not ok, it doesn't matter who he caught.

I wouldn't mind much if the government intervened in his behalf (the way they do for other people), but it rubbed me the wrong way when I read that he's offered all kinds of money not to have to go back to stand trial. That strikes me as distasteful, I wonder if he'd think it was ok for the people he does catch to just buy themselves out of trouble.

The other thing is that it's my belief he went after Andrew Lustre for a reason - not because the guy is so notorious in and of itself, but because Dog knew it would bring him notariety (and it has, along with a TV show that probably enabled him to make a monetary offer). That's ok, everyone is allowed to be a fame ho if they want to be, but then to use the proceeds of ill gotten gains, so to speak, to attempt to avoid punishment just leaves me with a bad taste.
    Last edited by MissThing; 09-27-2006 at 10:21 AM.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Finally someone agrees with me. Bail bond people will tell you it is "illegal" to go to Mexico to bring someone back. That is why they don't do it. I was a watcher of the show until I found out that Leland has a web site to unmask undercover agents. Will he take any responsibility if one of the agents is harmed or killed. Oh no, it will be it wasn't my fault. I think he would be scared to death in prison and so he should be. The bottom line is ..."you do the crime, you do the time"
    There's no place like home!

I'm glad that Dog and his crew went after Luster even though it was breaking the law...Because when the mexican police went to Lusters place they found large quanites of the date rape drug and a book with his plot for revenge for all the people that I guess testified in his trial...I think if he were still in Mexico with no one knowing he was there, he would have started committing those horrible crimes against the women there and no one being the wiser...I'm just glad he's off the streets and in prison for the rest of his life...

Don't get me wrong. I am glad Luster is off the streets and where he belongs. It still does not give anyone the right to break the law.
    There's no place like home!

WHAT!!!!!!!!

The world has gone mental!!

Dog and the crew are the 'good guys'.

I've a few words for the Judge that sent them down and none of them will be pleasant.

WTF Brah????!!!!
    "Short, Sweet and Hard To Beat", Duane "Dog" Chapman.

+ Reply to Thread