+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Daughter of bounty hunter 'Dog' Chapman died when stolen vehicle rolled

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar

Daughter of bounty hunter 'Dog' Chapman died when stolen vehicle rolled

Courttv.com

FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) The daughter of a cable television reality show star, died when the stolen SUV she was in rolled and crashed into some trees, authorities said.

Barbara Katy Chapman, daughter of Duane "Dog" Chapman, was killed along with the car's driver, Scott Standefer II, in the accident Friday night, Alaska State Troopers said.

The couple, both 23 and from North Pole, tried using a stolen credit card to rent a room Friday at a resort about 50 miles northeast of Fairbanks, Trooper Jeremy Stone said.

"There is no clue as to why they left the roadway," Stone said. "There are absolutely no skid marks on the road. They just went off the road, hit an embankment and launched."

Troopers suspect drugs or alcohol may have played a role in the crash, spokesman Greg Wilkinson said Monday. Toxicology tests were scheduled on the bodies, which were transferred to Anchorage for autopsies.

"(Barbara) had gotten herself into a terrible mess," Lyssa Chapman said of her daughter.

"She was trying as hard as she could to put her life back together," she told the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner.

The accident occurred a day before her father, star of A&E's reality show "Dog the Bounty Hunter," married his longtime partner, Beth Smith, in Hawaii.

He gathered with his 10 surviving children -- two of whom he had with Smith -- and discussed whether to proceed with the wedding. They unanimously decided to celebrate both the wedding and Barbara's life.

Barbara Chapman, who had not been expected to attend the wedding, is survived by her mother and her 4-year-old son, Travis Drake-Lee Chapman.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

FORT Newbie

sorry

dog i love your show im sorry to hear about your daughter my heart goes out to and beth and rest of family

FORT Newbie

Reaction to "Baby Lyssa's" death

It is so sad to lose Baby Lyssa and her friend. On the show, Dog the Bounty Hunter, she seemed helpful, fun loving, and rather sweet. But you never know what is really going on in someone's life. Unfortunately, there appear to have been some killer elements in play here: breaking the law, abusing drugs, driving, gta, and so forth. Without judging either of them, for I don't pretend to know their inner hearts, I would say those are some dangerous markers.

Life can be hard whether you are doing wrong or not. I had a 3rd cousin, Mary Lee, who was killed in a tragic car crash while on their honeymoon trip to go visit some pastor/friends up north. They both died. One of them was decapitated (just like Mariska Hargitay's mom, Jayne Mansfield), the other was cut in two.

God bless the Dog and his posse. Who knows, maybe Baby Lyssa was taken when she was ready to go = right with God. Just in the wrong place at the wrong time. That can happen, too.

Rev. Dennis C. Miller
    Hesperia, CA

FORT Newbie

To the entire Chapman Family

Dog, my buddy and brother,

I know there are lots of pastors and ministers who can help over there in Hawaii, but I want to make you an offer. I have known lots of high end people, so it does not bother me to reach out to them. I acted in Hollywood for a number of years and I am also a Gospel Musician. I know lots of prominent people.

I am willing to come with my wife, Barbera, also an ordained minister, to spend a few days with you all, praying with you and just loving on you all. If that makes sense, pray on it, and if you get a go, just tell us when, Okay?
    We can work out arrangements then.

Rev. Dennis C. Miller

FORT Newbie
    First of all, i'd like to give my condolences to the Chapman family on the tragic loss of The Dog's daughter. I couldn't imagine the pain of losing a child. I will pray for them.

On another note, Does anyone know where I could find pictures of Babara Katy Chapman? My mother keeps telling me that she and Baby Lyssa are the same. I'd like to find a picture of her, so that I could show her that they are not the same person, Unless I am totally wrong here and It was Baby Lyssa, who was killed. Can anyone help me here? Thanks for anything.

They're not the same person. The daughter that was killed has never been on the show, and lived in Alaska. Baby Lyssa lives with Dog and Beth.

FORT Newbie

Thank you

I knew they weren't, would you happen to know where I could find pictures of her, though? My email, is [mod removed]. It would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who could help, please feel free to drop me an email!!
    Last edited by hepcat; 07-22-2006 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Please don't post your personal email address.

I doubt there are any pictures around, because she's not involved with the show. Dog has, I believe, 11 kids, most of whom aren't involved at all.

DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER Mskitty79's Avatar
    Barbara Katy and Baby Lyssa are not the same. They may be twins...which I don't think. Baby Lyssa has a daughter and Barbara Katy had a son. Baby Lyssa and her daughter have been on the show before. I may be a little late for this post but just wanted to add my thoughts and comments. BTW The new episodes of Dog come on tonight including the wedding and you will probably also see about the death of his daughter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

FORT Newbie
    Dog, Beth , & Family

We Would Like To Send You Our Love And Sympathy To You And Yours , And Also Our Wonderful Best Wishes To You And Beth On Your Wedding And To Let You Know We To Lost A Loved One To Syds When She Was 8 Weeks, So We Know How You All Must Feel . So All Of You Still Have A Piece Of Barbara With You , So Just Keep Up The Good Work With Him And Love Him As You Do Her

Our Hearts Are With You And Your Family
    Love Ya Bro

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast