+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog and Beth got married....

Dog and Beth got married....

Congrats to Dog and Beth!!!

along with condolences at the tragic loss of your daughter.

TV Bounty Hunter Weds Sidekick

HONOLULU (May 21) - Duane "Dog" Chapman, star of A&E's reality show "Dog the Bounty Hunter," has married his longtime sidekick, Beth Smith.

Marco Garcia, Getty Images
    Duane 'Dog' Chapman and Beth Smith may postpone their honeymoon in Fiji because of the death of Chapman's daughter.

The sunset ceremony on the Big Island took place Saturday, a day after the death of Chapman's daughter. Barbara Katy Chapman, 23, was killed in a car accident near her home of Fairbanks, Alaska.

Chapman gathered with his 10 surviving children - two of whom he had with Smith - and discussed whether to proceed with the wedding.

"They all decided unanimously they should celebrate the wedding and her life," said Michael Feeney, senior vice president of A&E television network.

The wedding will be featured in an Aug. 8 episode of the show, about Chapman and his tattooed crew of fugitive finders, which is now in its third season.

The self-proclaimed world's best bounty hunter and Smith have been together for 16 years.

"I've already been cuffed and shackled by Beth anyway," Chapman, 53, said before the ceremony. "She's Italian and tough."

Besides his trademark mullet, Chapman wore white jeans to match his white leather vest, boots and American Indian jewelry, representing his heritage. Boris Krutonog, the show's co-executive producer, was his best man.

Smith wore an off-white lace gown with nude backing designed by Eduardo Lucero.

Favors include dog tags with the inscription: "Dog & Beth. Captured. May 20, 2006."

The wedding and reception were held at the sprawling Hilton Waikoloa Village. The couple had planned to honeymoon in Fiji, but may postpone their plans because of the death of Chapman's daughter, Feeney said.

05/21/06 05:13 EDT
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Well what do you know, I thought they were married. His daughter who passed away...she's not the new little blonde girl they had working with them lately was she? I think she's one of his daughters, too? That's so sad.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    I do not think this was the daughter who has been on the show.......I think they called her "Baby Lisa" (don't know if spelling is correct)

Nonny89093, and make yourself at home. Yes you're right about her name. I couldn't remember it, so thanks for the info.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Sad news about his daughter. Happy to hear they finally took the plunge. They make a great couple.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I'm a big fan of Dog and I was thrilled to hear they were getting married but it broke my heart when I read his daughter was killed. He's a good man and it hurts me to know his heart was broken on what should have been a celebratory weekend!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Premium Member
    Such a happy and sad story at the same time.

Just in case you were interested, there is an article about Dog's daughter's death in the News Miner (the paper here in Fairbanks).
    news-miner.com/Stories/0,1413,113~7244~3314943,00.htm l

That's so horrible, especially that it happened so close to their wedding. I have no idea how I would react.

Quote Originally Posted by sacha_d View Post
    Just in case you were interested, there is an article about Dog's daughter's death in the News Miner (the paper here in Fairbanks).
    news-miner.com/Stories/0,1413,113~7244~3314943,00.htm l

That's so horrible, especially that it happened so close to their wedding. I have no idea how I would react.
    sacha-d. It's great to see new members here, but it is bittersweet, because it's tragic news that brings you here.

Here's the link sacha-d references - http://www.news-miner.com/Stories/0,...315340,00.html

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Such a sad story with such a terrible ending......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast