+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duane "Dog" Chapman

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Duane "Dog" Chapman

"Dog" had agreed to be on Dr. Phil yesterday to discuss the incident. He was a no-show.

It's my understanding that "Dog", also, never apologized to his son's girlfriend for what he said. Wow! I would have thought that would have been one of his early moves, since he said that his son had better marry her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2659724;
    "Dog" had agreed to be on Dr. Phil yesterday to discuss the incident. He was a no-show.

It's my understanding that "Dog", also, never apologized to his son's girlfriend for what he said. Wow! I would have thought that would have been one of his early moves, since he said that his son had better marry her.
    From what I had heard Dog backed out of the Dr. Phil show when he found out that Dr. Phil had gathered the girlfriends mother and friends to do and "intervention". They were going to confront him and let him know just HOW bad that word is and how he has hurt the girlfriend.
    I don't blame Dog one bit for backing out of THAT situation.

From the beginning of that tape, Dog said that he questioned the girlfriends character. It wasn't her color it was her character. Well now she is trying to sue the Dog for slander. Is she out for money or what?
    The funny thing is it was HER boyfriend that made the tape and then together they released it to the media.
    Dog had NO IDEA that he was even being taped OR that it was going to be made public. So he can't be held accountable for slanderng her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2659782;
    From the beginning of that tape, Dog said that he questioned the girlfriends character. It wasn't her color it was her character. Well now she is trying to sue the Dog for slander. Is she out for money or what?
    The funny thing is it was HER boyfriend that made the tape and then together they released it to the media. Dog had NO IDEA that he was even being taped OR that it was going to be made public. So he can't be held accountable for slanderng her.
    There is no excuse for Dog to use the language but the whole thing sounds like a setup to me.. You know the celebrity and the money .....

Says a lot about her character too.

I agree that there is no excuse for the language...but I also think there is no excuse for the undisclosed taping his son did. AND...I think that it was horrible that his show was discontinued because of his language. It's almost as if the network is approving illegal taping of conversations.
    always in love

I wonder if the son will be up on charges for illegal taping of a private converstation. I mean look what happened with that entire scandal with President Clinton and I can't remember her name and the lady who taped the convesations about the affair. It was illegal in Maryland. I wonder if it is illegal in Hawaii??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by tolleyo;2707143;
    I agree that there is no excuse for the language...but I also think there is no excuse for the undisclosed taping his son did. AND...I think that it was horrible that his show was discontinued because of his language. It's almost as if the network is approving illegal taping of conversations.
    I disagree that the network is approving illegal taping. It is, however, DISapproving of racist, bigoted beliefs of one of its "stars" and taking appropriate action.

Whether it was taped illegally or not, and the courts can decide that, it doesn't change the fact that those words came out of Dog's mouth, and he is now accountable for having said them. Whether the tape was legal or not, he's still a racist bigot, and the network responded appropriately and swiftly, and I applaud their action.

Freedom of speech doesn't mean saying only that which is inoffensive. Freedom of speech means saying anything we want.

Ralph Robert Moore
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to say whatever he wants, or believe whatever he wants. But A&E certainly has the right to decide whether they want him on the air saying and believing those things. And they have.

And by the way, freedom of speech is only a freedom under very specific sets of criteria. It does NOT extend into the private business world. Since we're throwing quotes out there, I'll quote the ENTIRE first amendment, so you can see that it has absolutely NO bearing on what's happening here:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

FORT Fogey

I do not like the words the Dog uses and that is why I don't/won't watch him. My gripe is with A & E, that they did not have a problem hitting the bleep button for however many years as their cameras followed him around. But then as soon as the public hears the actual word, they play innocent.

"The most basic component of freedom of expression is the right of freedom of speech. The right to freedom of speech allows individuals to express themselves without interference or constraint by the government."

So, I guess that makes him fair game to the general public. Wonder if all this "Hoopla" would be happening if Dog was black? Somehow, I seriously doubt it. I am definately going after the next writer or TV personality that I hear say trailer trash or white trash. That offends me. Maybe I can find someone to sue.

I say get over it already. Sticks and stones...
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast