+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duane "Dog" Chapman

FORT Fogey

Re: Duane "Dog" Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;2647609;
    I disagree with the bolded statement. They are not "just words" to him because he was specifically telling his son not to date this girl for fear she would use his language against him. The audio clip was sickening. You don't get to use offensive language just because in your head, you don't truly think you're being offensive. That's no sort of excuse. How hard is it to talk like a decent human being on the job?
    Exactly! No matter how accustomed he is to speaking in such a manner, it's still horribly wrong.

Did anyone else see him on Larry King tonight ? I had a really hard time watching the show in it's entirety. I was having a bit of trouble watching him shed what seemed to be true tears of contrition at one moment to then answering another question the next. Not too sure, overall. I have no doubt that this was common, everyday language for him - I am left wondering if he truly learned the lesson he claims to have learned .

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I know exactly what you mean. I couldn't quite decide what the heck was going on there. It stretched credibility, that's for sure...and then when he said that his son had better marry the Black girl.........that was completely over the top! Ah, yeah...OK (yeah, riight)......I dunno, maybe it's the nasty, ugly mullet. Then there was the presence of the other ex-convict son, and the Black preacher (spiritual adviser). All I could do was to shake my head.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-08-2007 at 10:16 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The other son (Christopher) seemed totally coached!!! He did not add to Dog's credibility at all, and wasn't he the first kid to sell a story to the Enquirer? Thought so.

Dr, Phil was on Larry King tonite taking about Dog. Whatever Dog is trying to do to fix things for himself, I think Dr Phil just undid it all. AND to top it off, Dr. Phil is doing a whole show on Dog tomorow. It seems that Dog refused to go on Dr. Phil's show, so now Dr, Phil is gunning for bear, err, I mean Dog, hehe. the moral of the story here, dont F with Dr. Phil:nono

I wasn't able to see Dog on Larry King. I'm positive he is sorry for what he said. I don't truly think the man is racist. I I think ignorance is the prime factor here. I think dog has been in some rough places and learned some bad stereotypes than when angered came to the surface.

I think again we all need to stop and think before we talk and realize exactly how hurtful the words can be when used carlessly without thought. I don't think its ok for some people to use a racist term because they are of the same race. If a word is wrong for one person it is wrong for us all.

I am African American and the "N"word from the Cradle to the grave has always been banned in my family. When I hear the patented "its part of my culture" I cry foul. In my family hateful words aren't used to cut people down or used as terms of endearment. The word was used to wrongfully classify an entire race of people there is nothing about that word that is useful to anyone.

I think he's ignorant and racist. It would be one thing if he used the N word, as he said, as a gesture of "brotherhood" ("I'm one of you.") But he didn't. It was clearly a prejorative, otherwise he wouldn't have disallowed his son's girlfriend in his house.
    And I disagree with the argument, which inevitably follows every one of these scandals, that the black culture is just as guilty because some of them use it, too. For one, it conveniently shifts the focus off the real offender -- an actual racist -- and reframes the issue as simply a matter of offensive language.
    Second, and I think more important, it ignores intent. Michael Richards and Dog were using the word as an epithet ... showing that our ugly history is not behind us. I don't know the psychology behind the hip-hop culture's claiming that word, but it sure isn't racism.

FORT Newbie

I really enjoy watching this show. Today I heard about all the stuff with the racism issue and I really think that he is entitled to his own opinion on things and I was wondering what others think about what is happening?

Frankly I think if Dog was a true racist instead of lecturing the felons he arrests he would simply wordlessly dropkick them into the penal system.

I am not going to take away the good things he has done for one stupid comment. I am going to judge him on how he recovers from this and his behavior. I know I wouldn't want one error to ruin all the good I have done.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by candor;2658154;
    I don't know the psychology behind the hip-hop culture's claiming that word, but it sure isn't racism.

Hip-hop culture does a LOT more damage to the black community that some idiot spitting the word here ahd there(which is unacceptable).

YOUNG teens are listening to the hip-hop, looking up to these artists and COPY them. These youngsters grow up thinking that it's ok to call their buddy an N word and his girlfriend an b... and a wh....!

Much more dangerous IMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast