+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duane "Dog" Chapman

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Duane "Dog" Chapman

Whoa! And the son is the person responsible for selling the taped conversation!! Gotta love it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by John;2645577;
    So, wait... You're blaming A&E for only reacting to Dog using the word "when he got caught", and you're overlooking the fact that Dog is still USING THAT WORD? I don't get it at all.

That word is not the option for people with a small vocabulary. It's an option for racist, bigoted, hateful people who think it's okay to think they're better than "people not like themselves" for no other reason than skin color.

It's deplorable. Personally, I don't care if A&E pulls the show or not, because I know I for one will never watch it again if it's on. Dog used to have me respect, but now it's clear he's a small, small man with nothing to respect within him.
    First let me say that the use of that word is WAY WRONG! I am NOT overlooking Dogs use of that word or even his use of four letter words. Just because he uses the word does not make him a racist, bigoted, or hateful. It is just the way he talks and always has talked that way. To him they are just words, he knows they can be taken wrong but in his mind they are not meant to be wrong so there is nothing wrong with him saying them.
    NO THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT FOR HIM OR ANYONE TO SAY THEM.
    Dog would not survive in Hawaii if he were racist. If he hated blacks then he'd also have hate for the Islanders. And as public of a figure as he is over there, the streets would find out and he'd be gone. And I mean GONE!

And as for A&E, yes I do believe that their film crew has known for some time that he talked that way and as long as the edit button worked and the money kept coming in they were okay with it.

If the show gets canceled, I don't care. I have seen it in passing but I do not and will not watch it.

As an African American we use that "N" word way too much and then have the nerve to get mad when others use it. I think Dog was in a highly peeved mood with his son and used the "N" word to get back at him.

Yes it wrong but the only way we can right this ship is for everyone regardless of race stop using these words as swords to maim with. Dog was wrong and he is paying for his ignorance. Dog's son is not much of a man to sell this to the media.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2646603;
    As an African American we use that "N" word way too much and then have the nerve to get mad when others use it. I think Dog was in a highly peeved mood with his son and used the "N" word to get back at him.

Yes it wrong but the only way we can right this ship is for everyone regardless of race stop using these words as swords to maim with. Dog was wrong and he is paying for his ignorance. Dog's son is not much of a man to sell this to the media.
    I completely respect you for saying this. I am a white woman with a mixed-race child. My daughter's black friends would come to our house and I would hear them saying "n* this and n* that"... I told them... I wouldn't allow a white person to use that terminology in my home, so why would I let you do the same? It made the point. The use of derogatory words, by whomever, brings us all down.

I've never watched this guy, and probably won't ever do so. But it's important for us all to realize that respect is something that we not only should look for from others, but something we should afford ourselves as well.

MsDiva2007 and Blues Songstres. I agree with you both 100%. That is one word that needs to be wiped out of the language. And, I really thought it was low of his son to publicize the private phone call.

I used to be a Dog fan, but he slowly slipped off my radar and this will probably keep him off.

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;2645993;
    First let me say that the use of that word is WAY WRONG! I am NOT overlooking Dogs use of that word or even his use of four letter words. Just because he uses the word does not make him a racist, bigoted, or hateful. It is just the way he talks and always has talked that way. To him they are just words, he knows they can be taken wrong but in his mind they are not meant to be wrong so there is nothing wrong with him saying them.
    NO THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT RIGHT FOR HIM OR ANYONE TO SAY THEM.
    Dog would not survive in Hawaii if he were racist. If he hated blacks then he'd also have hate for the Islanders. And as public of a figure as he is over there, the streets would find out and he'd be gone. And I mean GONE!

And as for A&E, yes I do believe that their film crew has known for some time that he talked that way and as long as the edit button worked and the money kept coming in they were okay with it.

If the show gets canceled, I don't care. I have seen it in passing but I do not and will not watch it.

I disagree with the bolded statement. They are not "just words" to him because he was specifically telling his son not to date this girl for fear she would use his language against him. The audio clip was sickening. You don't get to use offensive language just because in your head, you don't truly think you're being offensive. That's no sort of excuse. How hard is it to talk like a decent human being on the job?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2646603;

You have my outmost RESPECT for taking a stand on this. Thank you.

I wish more people understand that using this and other hateful words is not acceptable for people of ANY race. It can be NO excuse for this no matter who you are.

Yes, Chris Rock, I'm talking about you!

Again, thank you very much.

FORT Newbie

Hey guys, lets get dog back on the air. Comment on my petition of how you feel as a way of signing the petition to get dog back on. No signup needed, just a simple comment. Every few days i will send an email to a and e.

DogsPetition.com

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

No thank you.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

He is scheduled to be on Larry King Wednesday night 11-7-07.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast