+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duane "Dog" Chapman

Re: Duane "Dog" Chapman

RUH ROH!!! looks like the dog is about to get neutered
    Celebrity gossip juicy celebrity rumors Hollywood gossip blog from Perez Hilton Blog Archive Dog The Racist
    how freaking dumb can you be??? yikes!

I'm glad that he realized that he did wrong and he apologized. It shows how man he really is. I love his show!

No, he realized he got caught. That's something completely different.

And it definitely showed what kind of man he was. A racist, bigoted loser.

totally, and I must say I was shocked!!
    it kills me how racist who gets caught then wants to meet with Jackson or Sharpton...geez. Im sure he will want to go to rehab next!!

I can't say I was shocked, it seems very much in his personality to have spewed such venom, given all the allegations about him in the past 2 years. I guess what does continually surprise me, though, is that this type of person continues to exist and thrive. And as Christiii refers to, it's becoming so commonplace among celebrities (Paris Hilton, Michael Richards, Mel Gibson, Don Imus, just to name a few) that there's a formula for "What to do and say when you're caught being a racist bigot".

1. Apologize (not because you're wrong, but because you got caught)

2. Phone or arrange a meeting with the most public head of whichever group you've offended, to make it appear that you are sincerely ashamed of your words or actions

3. Offer to make a joint statement with that person (see #2 above), further attempting to 'prove' your sincere remorse

4. Start a new phase of a media project to cash in on the publicity, knowing viewers will tune into a show or watch your media trail as a result of the publicity from all this.

At least A&E has halted production of his series -- even if only temporarily -- "pending further investigation." I'm sure he'll return to the air, since even bad publicity translates to big bucks, but I'm glad the bigot will be off the air even if only for a short time.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I actually was surprised. He always seems so helpful and understanding when he gets his man. I had no idea this was lurking beneath. But anyone that uses the N word as a deragatory remark deserves all the backlash they get. Shame on you, Dog. With all the people he's met and helped and talked with, I would've expected more. Even with a racist upbringing if you have half a brain you know what's right and wrong. I love rap and can't even bring myself to say the N word when singing along. I always substitute player, even in private. And the way Dog spoke about KNOWING that the girlfriend would out him for his use of the N word, oh it's just terrible. I hope his show is cancelled.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John;2642272;
    No, he realized he got caught. That's something completely different.

And it definitely showed what kind of man he was. A racist, bigoted loser.
    BINGO! I've never once heard a celebrity say "Yesterday, I used the N word in a private conversation that nobody else heard. The media did not hear it, nobody reported on it. But I feel bad about it. I've contacted Sharpton to help me with my problem." Only when they get caught and their pocketbook is in jeopardy do they "man" up.

Dog, aloha bra. Okay, bye.

FORT Fogey

He was upset at his son for having a girlfriend with a questionable character. That doesn't make him a racist, just a person with a small vocabulary.
    In the recording Dog says himself that they, his employees, use that word while out on the job . The A & E film crew has had to of heard it once or twice or MORE, in all of their time together. But now that it is made public, they decide to get some religion.
    Pot or kettle?
    Last edited by PugMum; 11-02-2007 at 09:28 PM.

So, wait... You're blaming A&E for only reacting to Dog using the word "when he got caught", and you're overlooking the fact that Dog is still USING THAT WORD? I don't get it at all.

That word is not the option for people with a small vocabulary. It's an option for racist, bigoted, hateful people who think it's okay to think they're better than "people not like themselves" for no other reason than skin color.

It's deplorable. Personally, I don't care if A&E pulls the show or not, because I know I for one will never watch it again if it's on. Dog used to have me respect, but now it's clear he's a small, small man with nothing to respect within him.

Quote Originally Posted by John;2645577;
    So, wait... You're blaming A&E for only reacting to Dog using the word "when he got caught", and you're overlooking the fact that Dog is still USING THAT WORD? I don't get it at all.

That word is not the option for people with a small vocabulary. It's an option for racist, bigoted, hateful people who think it's okay to think they're better than "people not like themselves" for no other reason than skin color.

It's deplorable. Personally, I don't care if A&E pulls the show or not, because I know I for one will never watch it again if it's on. Dog used to have me respect, but now it's clear he's a small, small man with nothing to respect within him.
    Could not have said it better myself with one exception. I hope that A&E pulls the show simply so that there will be financial ramifications for him. Clearly, financial gain is more important to him than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast