+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Duane "Dog" Chapman

Dog is scheduled to be on Jimmy Kimmel Live tomorrow night. (Tues. March 21.)
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

the dog

beth has a very special husband the dog because he is so soft harded when it comes to people that really needs help he is always there to help i really enjoy watching the show it is my favorite show every time it comes on i am there watching it my kids even like the show to my kids said to me one day mom i would really like to meet the dog and beth and the rest of the gang in person the unicorn lover

Oh yes, I am , another big fabn .....

I would just like to add my bit about dog and the rest of crew , the show is great, I am hooked and so are my kids, they love it as much as me!!! One big bonus is Leyland, he is hot !!! lol i was suprised to find he has two kids and wife and then find that he is no longer with her! well I am sure it is her loss, ite girls !!
    And dog he seems to really care about the people he catches , gives them more of a chance than if the police catch them. good on him!
    any way i am going to keep watching the show !

Not only the best tv programme in the world, but also, the greatest theme tune!

Dog+Ozzy=The best.
    "Short, Sweet and Hard To Beat", Duane "Dog" Chapman.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Woman Sues TV Bounty Hunter Over Injury

Thu Feb 01,10:34 PM ET

A woman has sued Duane "Dog" Chapman, alleging that a member of the TV bounty hunter's team threw her down a flight of stairs and broke her back while her boyfriend was being apprehended.

The lawsuit was filed on behalf of Audrey Emery and seeks unspecified damages. Two other plaintiffs, including the boyfriend, seek damages from the bounty-hunting team in the same lawsuit.

Emery accuses an associate of Duane Chapman of injuring her at her Pearl City apartment on Jan. 26, 2005 in the course of arresting Stuart Calistro and filming for the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter."

"They're filming this TV segment and she is upset because you have these thugs breaking into her apartment and she doesn't want them in there, so they decide the convenient thing is to throw her down the stairs," Emery's attorney Richard Turbin said Thursday.

Duane Chapman and his wife, Beth, released a statement saying their family has become a "target of frivolous lawsuits and publicity seeking attorneys."

"We pride ourselves in making sure that everything we do is within the bounds of the law and we are confident that we did so in this case," he said. "The videotape in the television show itself demonstrates that the charges against us are baseless."

Meanwhile, Chapman is waiting for a ruling by a Mexican judge about his pending extradition in a criminal case there.

The 53-year-old reality star, currently free on $300,000 bond, has been charged under Mexican law with "deprivation of liberty" for his June 2003 capture of fugitive convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, in Puerto Vallarta.

His publicist said a decision is expected by Tuesday.

Dog
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Link Here

'Dog' Loses Extradition Battle in Mexico

Fri Feb 16, 8:10 AM ET

A federal court has cleared the way for TV bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman to be extradited to face charges in Mexico, court officials said.

Norma Jara, a spokeswoman for the second district court in Guadalajara, said the court rejected Chapman's injunction request, ruling there was no reason not to try him with the charge of deprivation of liberty of Mexico.

"We only just heard about the Mexican court's decision to continue with the extradition proceedings, and are still in shock," Chapman and his wife, Beth, said in a statement issued Thursday night in Honolulu.

"Our attorneys have not even been formally informed of the court's decision, as of yet," they said. "We are obviously deeply disappointed and fearful of what will happen, and are currently absorbing the news and discussing our options at this time."

Mexican authorities had already asked for Chapman's extradition from Hawaii.

Chapman's lawyers argued he would not be guaranteed a fair trial in Mexico, Jara said.

The charges against the 53-year-old star of the A&E reality series "Dog the Bounty Hunter" stem from his June 2003 capture of convicted rapist Andrew Luster, the Max Factor heir, in Puerto Vallarta, 210 miles west of Guadalajara.

Chapman was arrested Sept. 14 along with his son and another associate and released on $300,000 bail. He faces up to four years in a Mexican jail if convicted.

Luster's capture shot the Honolulu-based bounty hunter to fame and led to the TV series. His disappearance set off an international manhunt by police, FBI and bounty hunters trying to recoup some of the bond money. Luster is serving a 124-year prison term.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    This gets a big for me!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Duane Chapman was just doing his job, so I don't see how he will end up in jail.

Because "bounty hunting" is illegal in Mexico. It's very possible he would end up back in jail (he was already in jail for 4 months immediately following the capture, until he could make bail and get cleared to leave the country).

Thanks for the update. I wondered what happened to him and felt bad when he was arrested.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Re: Duane "Dog" Chapman

CANOE -- JAM! Television: Bounty Hunter's charges dropped

Bounty Hunter's charges dropped

Duane Chapman still may face charges if ruling is appealed

By Zap2It.com

The dog just may have a new leash on life.

Duane "Dog" Chapman, his son Leland Chapman and fellow bounty hunter Tim Chapman (no relation) have had the Mexican charges dropped against them after they tracked down and apprehended a convicted criminal in Puerto Vallarta in 2003, reports TMZ.com.

The dog and his pack aren't out of the woods just yet though.

"Earlier this week the First Criminal Court in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico dismissed all charges against Dog, Tim and Leland Chapman due to the expiration of the statute of limitations on the criminal counts pending against them," reads a statement A&E, the network that airs the popular "Dog the Bounty Hunter" show, gave to TMZ. "The order effectively cancelled all pending charges. The ruling is, however, subject to appeal by the prosecution in Puerto Vallarta. If an appeal is sought, it must be filed by Wednesday, August 8th. Our thoughts and best wishes are with the Chapman family as they await the prosecution's decision. More information will be posted on AETV.com as it becomes available."

The various Chapmans were arrested in Hawaii in September 2006 on kidnapping charges dating back to 2003 when the bounty hunters went down to Mexico to capture Max Factor heir Andrew Luster, who was on the run for several months evading multiple counts of rape. Mexican authorities wanted Luster handed over to them, denied Chapman and his gang permission to leave the country, declared them fugitives from justice and tried to get them extradited to Mexico for sentencing.

The Chapmans, who had been charged with deprivation of liberty due to Mexico's anti-bounty hunting laws, quickly posted bail and have been facing extradition ever since. Luster is currently in jail serving a 124-year term.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast