+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dog: The Bounty Hunter A&E 8/31 10PM EST

Dog: The Bounty Hunter A&E 8/31 10PM EST

Saw the preview tonight. Looks possibly entertaining. There isn't much info on the A&E site, but there is a vid clip.

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/200...10chapman.html

'Bounty Hunter' will star 'Dog'

Bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman is starring in a new reality series about his work. Chapman, who tracked down convicted rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico last year, will be featured in Dog the Bounty Hunter, a 12-part series to air on the A&E network.

A&E promises to depict the "wild-and-woolly" life of Chapman and his wife and business partner, Beth Smith. Chapman was hailed as a hero for capturing Luster, who had jumped bail before being convicted of drugging and raping three women.

A California judge later ruled that Chapman was not entitled to any of the $1 million bail that Luster had forfeited.

Many in the bail-recovery industry say Chapman's tactics create a bad-boy image that isn't representative of them.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Just saw the previews. It does look interesting especially the family. How is it that he brings his two kids along to "get the bad guy?" I'll give it a try.

Just saw this guy on CNN. He's got 12 kids!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    They're really, really overplaying his promo's.. I dunno. If I see it on and I have nothing else to watch, I might give it a try.

The one promo that just about makes me puke is where his wife says something like.."Is big daddy getting weak?" (not verbatim, but the daddy part is)
    UGH! I hate when women call thier spouses "daddy". If anyone does on here, I'm sorry..it's just a peeve..and just my opinion.
    Daddy?? WTF? He's your husband, not your daddy. It just sounds gross, icky and a tad too pervy for me.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

In a surprise from the networks, they sent me a preview tape of this show. I might give it a shot and at least let y'all know what I thought of it.

Ah the perks.

I'm thinking this go either way. I'll be there.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this show. Has a lot of the same elements that made me like American Chopper.

The first two shows cracked me up! I love how they get all dressed up in their leathers and drive around Hawaii in white vans trying to get the bad guys and then end up making appointments for the guys to turn themselves in.

Beth would be a good one for "The Swan". She is a pretty woman but needs a stylist - WHOA!

The little kids are darling and I love how close they all are!

Sadly though, Justin won't make the cut.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    I must say I was pleasantly surprised by this show. Has a lot of the same elements that made me like American Chopper.
    No way! Are you serious? Hmmm.. and Hunnyoil likes it too. Alright, I'll have to give it a shot then.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I had TiVo hit the first 2 episodes, and decided to give them the ol' test run in the John household. Surprisingly, my wife and I both liked it. Watched both episodes, and hit the season pass. That's extremely rare, so I had to share the good news for those on the fence.

Dog is alternatively a hard-nosed badass and a big ol' softie who sounds like he's about to get a tear in his eye any moment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast