+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Dog: The Bounty Hunter A&E 8/31 10PM EST

I decided to check this one out.

Surprisingly, I liked it.

Dog and his crew look like hell, but they're actually a bunch of great guys (yup, that includes Beth).

Beth could benefit from a stylist, I suppose. But, then again, in the profession she's in, her "look" works for her, she (apparently) likes it, and I didn't see Dog trying to boot her out of the house or van. So, whatever.

I'll keep tuning into this one.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm in...

I just caught two episodes last nite and i am in for the long haul with this show! It was good, even funny...the Dog is quite a character as is the rest of his crew.
    You gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

The 3rd and 4th episodes were on last night. I just finished watching them, and I will definitely watch the whole series. The show is very good, and funny.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Hmmm...John, you know you're goading me into watching this. I just might squeeze this into my currently-already-overbooked reality show list, simply cause of your comments.

All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Well, you know I don't watch much, and if I like it, it's pretty rare. And I definitely like it. And what's even more rare is that my wife likes it, and she hates everything reality-related except TAR.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Well, you know I don't watch much, and if I like it, it's pretty rare.
    Yup...that's exactly why I said I'd probably give this show a try, you've always been a tough nut to crack into LIKING a show.
    Of ALL the reality shows that you like, it's The Dog. Who knew?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I have to admit I liked it too. Caught some episodes recently, and I was pleasantly surprised about it. He is quite the character, but does seem to have a good relationship with his wife and kids, including his older son who works for him. I loved the part where he got his wife pi$$ed off, and yet they didn't go at each other's throats. He said he liked her to get worked up before they go after somebody, and then he laughed his wicked laugh-- pretty funny. And I loved the whole bit about him looking for the clown for his co-worker. It's surprisingly touching.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Dog is scheduled to be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

You gotta love the "Dog"! There is something "feel good" about the show, which normally means I don't like it. However, at the same time Dog is cool as hell (in a white trash Hawaiian sort of way).

I'm still trying to figure out the language though. They call everyone "bra"

Wow, this show really amazes me. I am continually surprised at the depth of emotions it can illicit from me. Last night's show was on -the-edge-of-my-seat dramatic. As frustrating as it was to find Patty, when they did find her, they eventually treated her with respect, prayed with her, even allowing her to restore her dignity. I also love watching how all of them interact with each other, and the obvious skill they have for getting the job done.

I wonder, though, if they or their children are ever in any danger of someone retaliating against them at their home? It worries me when they show what their house looks like from the outside. I don't want anything bad to happen to these people, they are really growing on me.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast