+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: 5/14 - DWTS Athletes - Week 3 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: 5/14 - DWTS Athletes - Week 3 Show Discussion *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I knew Tanya would make it to the end. They do love their controversy.

I suspected Adam would be in the finals also and probably Josh, but I am disappointed that Chris didn't make it. I thought he was really good and came across as just a normal, down to earth kind of guy. It would have been nice if at least one of the not so famous athletes made it to the end.
    I don't think people had time, as was said upthread. Chris would still be in this, in a regular season..I don't care who wins, it's been just okay imho..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I would have preferred Chris aka 'Luge Dude' over Rippon, but other than that, I like the results.
    Also, they need to hire David Ross as a full time inspiration coach for the contestants.
    And creepy Bruno needs to keep his clothes on.
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be frightened of the night.
    -From The Old Astronomer (To His Pupil) by Sarah Williams

FORT Fogey

I think Marai hurt herself tonight. It did sound like she was holding herself up as the best and knocking down the others...and that squeaky little voice didn't help her.

I was very surprised that Tanya made the finals. To move up over the other high scoring athletes, she had to get a lot of votes. It was funny that the three who won the ballroom battles were the three in the finals.

I hope these short seasons never happen again-----I do not like them....here or AI.
    9Cloud likes this.

I do not like the short version of this show. At least in season 1 when, IIRC there were only six weeks, they had a normal vote-off and more time to get to know the dancers. The dancers also had more time to improve. They put way too many people in this condensed season so that they had to kick them off two and three at a time.

I missed the first two shows because I was out of town. I was finally able to watch them over the weekend. I had decided that I wasn't vested enough this "season" to vote, which would be the first time ever not voting during a season. Then I got invested and I'm hoping for an upset like season 1. I don't care for Adam and his snarky egotistical self. I want Josh to win. He seems kinder, and his dancing has improved tons the past few weeks. The best technical dancer doesn't always win, and football players have pulled out the win several times.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I think Josh will win! I'm putting it out there...
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I think Marai hurt herself tonight. It did sound like she was holding herself up as the best and knocking down the others...and that squeaky little voice didn't help her.

I was very surprised that Tanya made the finals. To move up over the other high scoring athletes, she had to get a lot of votes. It was funny that the three who won the ballroom battles were the three in the finals.

I hope these short seasons never happen again-----I do not like them....here or AI.
    I figure that's how TPTB get the ones they want in the finals.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I knew nothing of Marai before this but she made a couple comments that came across a bit cocky and offputting to me. Adam made a comment in an interview about Tonya living in a trailer park which I thought was distasteful as well. I'm ready for a full season in the fall!
    justCoz, ibot2much and Fanny Mare like this.

Will this be shut down, before the finale is on?..
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345