+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

  1. #21
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    I love Kareem, but at 7'2" he is going to be hard to work with as a partner. Plus he is no spring chicken. I'm 66, and he was playing in college when I was in high school.

    Still, he's a smart, fun, lovable guy, so I'll be glad to see him for as long as he lasts.
    Ellen likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  2. #22
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    49
    Posts
    21,878

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    I can't imagine that Kareem would flourish in this situation. While he's a lovely man, he isn't terribly outgoing or gregarious. I saw him speak while he was on his last book tour and he was quite reserved and soft spoken. Obviously, at 7'2", he couldn't hide from attention - and believe me, you really don't have a concept of how tall that it until you see it in front of you! - but he seemed to be doing everything he could do fade into the background. I will say that his effect on everyone in the room was palpable. All of us turned into starstruck fans. The line up afterwards to meet him and take a selfie was LONG.

    Poor Sasha. Hopefully, Tanya will be out first and he'll be freed.

    Out of this group, I'm rooting for Mirai and Alan. I'd love to see him do well and I like Mirai.
    Ellen and Miss_Griss like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I can't imagine that Kareem would flourish in this situation. While he's a lovely man, he isn't terribly outgoing or gregarious. I saw him speak while he was on his last book tour and he was quite reserved and soft spoken. Obviously, at 7'2", he couldn't hide from attention - and believe me, you really don't have a concept of how tall that it until you see it in front of you! - but he seemed to be doing everything he could do fade into the background. I will say that his effect on everyone in the room was palpable. All of us turned into starstruck fans. The line up afterwards to meet him and take a selfie was LONG.

    Poor Sasha. Hopefully, Tanya will be out first and he'll be freed.

    Out of this group, I'm rooting for Mirai and Alan. I'd love to see him do well and I like Mirai.
    That's cool that you got to meet him. He's a really great guy from all I can tell. He does seem very reserved and soft-spoken. He really is tall. I don't know how Lindsay will be able to dance well with him. She only comes to his shoulder blades when wearing heels.

    I hope he has fun and does OK. He doesn't need the money (I don't think), so I'm not sure why he's doing it other than for fun.
    Ellen likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  4. #24
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,544

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    I bet Sasha and Tonya do well!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #25
    American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    With My Thoughts
    Age
    71
    Posts
    28,281

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    I think Kareem was the only one to raise his hand when they asked the group who had dance training. That caught my eye and maybe we'll hear more about it during a package on the show.
    Ellen and Miss_Griss like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

  6. #26
    FORT Fogey Miss_Griss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    4,893

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I think Kareem was the only one to raise his hand when they asked the group who had dance training. That caught my eye and maybe we'll hear more about it during a package on the show.
    Interesting! Maybe he'll surprise me.
    Ellen likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

    But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,665

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Official cast announcement this morning:

    Adam Rippon with Jenna Johnson
    Arike Ogunbowale with Gleb Savchenko
    Chris Mazdzer with Witney Carson
    Jamie Anderson with Artem Chigvintsev
    Jennie Finch Daigle with Keo Motsepe
    Johnny Damon with Emma Slater
    Josh Norman with Sharna Burgess
    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar with Lindsay Arnold
    Mirai Nagasu with Alan Bersten
    Tonya Harding with Sasha Farber
    Tonya Harding? Ugh. Poor Sasha. I hope the DWTS producers are investing in heavy-duty knee pads.

    I'll be rooting for Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (as long as possible). I've been his fan since his name was Lew Alcindor. (Google it)
    Likely won't win, given the height difference between him and Lindsay.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,665

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I bet Sasha and Tonya do well!
    They likely will.
    I like Sasha -- but I am no fan of Tonya.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  9. #29
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,665

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss View Post
    Interesting! Maybe he'll surprise me.
    I'm hoping for the same.
    <3 Lew/Kareem!
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  10. #30
    Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    46,544

    Re: DWTS 26 - All-Athletes Edition (Spring 2018) - News and Speculation

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    They likely will.
    I like Sasha -- but I am no fan of Tonya.
    I'm no fan of most of them, and I doubt Tonya will win, but I'd love Sasha win. This show is on my Meh list, it's not must see TV like it was...
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.