+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 115 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1145

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

  1. #1021
    SilverCreeklady
    Guest

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Andiemywestie;3453242;
    I'm looking forward to his quite meaty role in NipTuck, where he will play an evil younger husband to Vanessa Redgrave. He was amazed by the work and the challenge to work with an Oscar winning actress. I think Gilles is probably slightly better than what some want to give him credit for. We'll see. Rachel Griffths is no slouch either, winning and Emmy for Six Feet Under, and so he's in good company
    I did not say he was not a good actor..I have never seen him act. All I said is that he will have to step up to the plate..especially if he is up against the talent you say he is!

  2. #1022
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;3453255;
    I did not say he was not a good actor..I have never seen him act. All I said is that he will have to step up to the plate..especially if he is up against the talent you say he is!
    Yes, he is paired up with some pretty formidable actresses. I wish him well, and hope that he is not typecast in both roles, and has to do more than ooze sex, which we know he is very good at.

  3. #1023
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCreeklady;3453172;
    Chris Harrison tweets.."Mel and Gilles will both do great things after this show. DWTS opens many doors. the opportunity is worth more than the prize money
    9:22 PM May 13th from web
    CH is right. This will open doors and opportunities for both. I wish all them luck.

  4. #1024
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,700

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3453233;
    I think the comparing to Clooney is a stretch, and I'm a big Gilles fan. It's just a setup for more fan volleyball, ugh. I don't know how well he can act. He had two or three lines in Sex and the City. I just know it'll be fun to see him in B&S, no matter how he does.
    That's fair. He didn't have a lot of lines in SATC and his role was that of eye candy. Whether he's good or not is yet to be seen but a role on B&S will give him some lines and a chance to grow.

  5. #1025
    FORT Fogey Beachmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,662

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;3452361;
    I hope Gilles is on the show longer than Christian was.
    It's about time Sarah was in a decent relationship.

    I love this show! And can you see the sparks with Sarah? I can see humor there too, and I think he'll be good at that. Then let's add Kevin's skepticism about their relationship and Nora's meddling to the mix - priceless! (just speculating!)

  6. #1026
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,747

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    I look forward to seeing Gilles in future roles and hope he gets the success he's been lookng for. He's already got a nice sized fan base pulling for him.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  7. #1027
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,152

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3453349;
    CH is right. This will open doors and opportunities for both. I wish all them luck.

    Gilles is an actor and has a career which has, imo, been immeasurably enhanced by his positive appearance on DWTS. He's only 33 and it's possible that, if he can act well, that he'll get a huge lift from this exposure. Success in the acting profession always seems to hinge on a big break. Time will tell with how well he performs in his new acting gigs.

    I don't see what skills Melissa has displayed on which to capitalize. Cinderella had a great run at the ball, but the ball will soon be over and she'll return to her real life. I won't expound upon this, since I'm posting in Gilles thread.

  8. #1028
    FORT Fogey ironcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,454

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3454224;
    Gilles is an actor and has a career which has, imo, been immeasurably enhanced by his positive appearance on DWTS. He's only 33 and it's possible that, if he can act well, that he'll get a huge lift from this exposure. Success in the acting profession always seems to hinge on a big break. Time will tell with how well he performs in his new acting gigs.

    I don't see what skills Melissa has displayed on which to capitalize. Cinderella had a great run at the ball, but the ball will soon be over and she'll return to her real life. I won't expound upon this, since I'm posting in Gilles thread.
    I assume Gilles (or his agent) sought to be on DWTS because he felt his appearance could enhance his acting career and public visibility, and it certainly has. So he has gotten out of it all that he hoped for. Melissa was asked to appear on DWTS, which I assume she accepted because it was something fun and exciting, and she was in a position to free up her time to take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity. So she has also gotten out of it all that she hoped for.

  9. #1029
    FORT Fogey girlsmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,152

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3454483;
    I assume Gilles (or his agent) sought to be on DWTS because he felt his appearance could enhance his acting career and public visibility, and it certainly has. So he has gotten out of it all that he hoped for. Melissa was asked to appear on DWTS, which I assume she accepted because it was something fun and exciting, and she was in a position to free up her time to take advantage of a once in a lifetime opportunity. So she has also gotten out of it all that she hoped for.
    Yep, I absolutely agree with your ironcat. It appears to have been a winning situation for both of them. I wish them both well in their future endeavors.

  10. #1030
    FORT Regular angelic_one2002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,320

    Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

    BEST of luck tonight to Gilles and Cheryl!
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.