Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 5/15 DWTS 24: Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/15 DWTS 24: Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

So I want to note that based on these comments people can't really be surprised that Simone is gone. For me personally Normani has been impeccable and beautiful to watch. Rahsaad same thing except not so perfect but I love him. On the opposite Simone not so much. David has been ok some hits mostly misses. People have their favorites for whatever reasons and it is not so difficult to see that someone can be doing everything amazingly well but still be missing a quality for people to be pulling for them. I am pretty sure that is what happened with Simone and I have been reading and hearing from others that while some really loved her comment back to the judges last week a lot of people didn't. I actually was pretty indifferent towards the comment. And this Dancing with the Stars it has stopped being a ballroom show (just about dancing) a long time ago and I no longer treat it a such.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I'm pulling for Rashad to win. Although I'd be okay with David winning too.

I've enjoyed watching those two the most over the season. That's what it's about for me.
    Lots of Rashad love on this forum, and others actually. I hope their freestyle is great! :
    sunnydayz likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

To the Point

The biggest thing I felt from Simone was frustration. She really wanted to do what she was being asked to do, but she was just speaking the absolute truth when she said all she knew was the gym (paraphrasing here). There is no need & probably no room for emoting in gymnastics so she has never tackled that animal and it was a difficult one for her. I really liked her, had no issues with her responses and hope that she goes on to have a great life and doesn't spend another minute worrying about not getting further in this show...this is just entertainment....light and fluffy.

If we are talking dancers, ringer or not, Normani is absolutely the best and I have no issue with the possibility of her winning. I love Rashad and would totally be okay with his winning. David is certainly not the best dancer, but he has actually become a much better dancer than I anticipated. He seems like such a great guy and he has obviously worked hard to improve and he always entertains, but he is most definitely not the best dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    So I want to note that based on these comments people can't really be surprised that Simone is gone. For me personally Normani has been impeccable and beautiful to watch. Rahsaad same thing except not so perfect but I love him. On the opposite Simone not so much. David has been ok some hits mostly misses. People have their favorites for whatever reasons and it is not so difficult to see that someone can be doing everything amazingly well but still be missing a quality for people to be pulling for them. I am pretty sure that is what happened with Simone and I have been reading and hearing from others that while some really loved her comment back to the judges last week a lot of people didn't. I actually was pretty indifferent towards the comment. And this Dancing with the Stars it has stopped being a ballroom show (just about dancing) a long time ago and I no longer treat it a such.
    Actually? I was surprised that Simone went out, and I think the judges' reactions were real. I do not think they were tipped off in any way because I think the producers wanted exactly the shocked reaction that they got.

I suspected and I believe the judges did too that David would go out 4th after a great run, leaving a Final 3 of Simone, Rashid, and Normani. My strong suspicion is that the judges - based on their scoring - were thinking that Rashid would go out F3, leaving F2 as Simone and Normani.

That one would have been up for grabs and a nail biter for their fans for sure as they are both technically very good and have not been criticized much on their dancing at all. The judges have caught Normani on an occasional, tiny slip, and they have dinged VAL for the choreo - not Normani at all.
    They have harped on Simone about emotions which I did not see and said little to nothing critically about her technique.

No wonder the judges were completely shocked - as far as they were concerned.

For the record, I like them all.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

I'm really tired of this season. Everyone I liked & wanted to win is gone. For that reason I guess I'd like to see David win.
    However, I feel the judges have all but anointed Normani the winner. I hate it when they do that. Makes me dislike that person.
    dagwood and ilja like this.
    "Success is getting what you want; Happiness is wanting what you get."

We all have our favorites and so do the judges, why dislike that contestant just because he/she is the judges' favorite? Remember that the judges scores only accounts to 50% of the results, it's up to the viewers votes to decide the result. But judges' fav or not, I think Normani will most likely win with the viewers votes too, she seems to have the biggest fanbase out of all 3 that's left. However Rashad stands a very good chance of winning too, he has the talent and the huge fanbase supporting him, I have my fingers crossed for either Rashad or Normani to win.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112