Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess - Season 24

Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess - Season 24

Bonner Bolton
    Season 24

Paired with Sharna Burgess

Follow Bonner on Twitter
    Follow Sharna on Twitter

In the past 14 months, Bonner Bolton has gone from sitting atop the standings as the world's No. 1 bull rider to being paralyzed to becoming an international fashion model. He had been leading the PBR's 2016 season opener when he landed on his head when dismounting the bull. He splintered his C-2 vertebra, was temporarily paralyzed and given a one percent chance to walk again. Following spinal fusion surgery and during his remarkable recovery, IMG Models signed the cowboy from west Texas for global representation, and he's been featured in major photo shoots and ad campaigns. Bolton, 29, joins Dancing with the Stars to continue to blaze a trail for PBR cowboys crossing into the mainstream while he evangelizes the cowboy code of hard work, honesty, courage and compassion.

Bolton grew up on a ranch in west Texas and started mounting steers when he was 10. Before breaking his neck, he had persevered through several serious injuries to rank among the world's top bull riders. In 2008 he tore his right bicep clean off the bone, sidelining him for nearly a year. In 2015 he came off a collarbone broken in four places to finish seventh at the PBR World Finals. Prior to his nearly catastrophic injury, he played Scott Eastwood's stunt double in the major motion picture, The Longest Ride.

Bolton credits his father, Toya, an old-school cowboy who rode bulls professionally for 20 years, with teaching him how to ride, take care of his body and maintain the toughness necessary to stay on powerful bucking bulls more than 10 times his size.

Sharna Burgess

Sharna Burgess grew up in Australia and has always had a love for dance and entertainment. At the age of 5, Sharna began training in ballet, jazz and gymnastics. When she turned 8 her study of ballroom began and went on to win many local and national titles. At age 15, Sharna was chosen to represent Australia at the World Championships in both the Standard and Latin styles, and performed in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games closing ceremony. This was an honor and a memory she will never forget.

Following Sharna's competitive career, she moved to London and continued to collect numerous titles around the globe and appeared in a UK tour with the theatre show, Simply Ballroom. Shortly after, she was scooped up to dance on the hit dance sensation, Burn The Floor. She was in the cast for 6 years and traveled to over 30 countries and 160 cities worldwide. Sharna had the opportunity to fulfill her childhood dream of dancing on Broadway, and to top it off she was a lead dancer.

Upon her departure from the theater, Sharna quickly made the transition to film and television. She has made guest appearances on Dancing with the Stars Australia, and So You Think You Can Dance Holland. She has worked with A-list choreographers to fuse the hip hop and Latin to create a whole new style and even choreographed on the feature film, Street Dance 2 Ė 3D.

Meet the Season 24 Cast | ABC.com

Re: Bonner Bolton & Sharna Burgess - Season 24

I am partial to bull riders. He should be interesting.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I love Sharna, she is one of my favorite dancers & pros so this pairing will definitely be one of the couples I'll be following this season!
    MReid likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I love bull riding, and Sharna is way over due for a win. Will be rooting for them
    dagwood likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    I love bull riding, and Sharna is way over due for a win. Will be rooting for them
    Way overdue, I was so sorry she was hurt last season, it took the momentum away from her and James.
    MReid likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

James nearly died, and he came back to dance beautifully; my first thought was: Bonner? Will he be able to move the way he has to with all the injuries he has sustained?
    beerbelly likes this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

Bonner has a charming personality. In the interview with Sharna, he said he is very competitive, and has been doing hot yoga (so I think he is flexible). Also, he should win the hearts of DWTS fans because of his injury, but most importantly...... he has Sharna!!! I am definitely rooting for this team!
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

I liked their dance, I think the concept is really good and it definitely suited Bonner's personality, style and his identity as a bull rider and cowboy, I also like the choreography and I agree with the judges that he has potential.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

This is my couple, they are HOT!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Blindsided, oh, friendship blindsided you're going home, home!" -Paul BB18

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karna68 View Post
    This is my couple, they are HOT!
    I agree! Although I'm also very fond of Rashad...
    The girls are good, but they have a sameness about them...
    karna68 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast