+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: DWTS 24 (premieres March 20th) - News & Speculation

Re: DWTS 24 (premieres March 20th) - News & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by awesomekina23 View Post

I'm pretty sure Simone requested to have Sasha and Normani requested to have Val (there's a video of when 5H did a performance on DWTS where she said she would want Val if she ever did the show).

Also, it looks like Allison is out as a pro for this season which stinks because she's crazy talented and lovely. Queen Emma is back though!
    Yes Simone is tiny, so it makes sense to pair her up with Sasha, I didn't know Normani requested Val.

As for Allison, even though she is a very talented dancer and choreographer, but I also find her to be less qualified to be a competing pro on the show mainly because she is not a professional latin ballroom dancer, she's a professional contemporary dancer. When she first started competing on DWTS as a pro a couple of seasons ago, she barely knew anything about latin ballroom, she was so inexperienced and she let her partner down. She only started seriously learning latin ballroom dancing just in the last few years, and she is by no means an "expert" at latin ballroom. I think for her to be able to compete on the show as a "pro" is unfair and insulting to all the great dancers in the troupe who have all been dancing latin ballroom for many years since they were kids and they are actually professional latin ballroom dancers, unlike Allison. She's basically a contemporary dancer who joined DWTS with virtually NO experience with latin ballroom dancing and only just started learning in recent years, so that technically would make her a intermediate, not really qualified to teach others latin ballroom, even her partner Riker had more latin ballroom experience than she did when they were paired up.

Don't get me wrong, Allison is a great dancer and she works very hard, the other pros have said that she's been seriously and religiously studying latin ballroom dancing in the past few years and she works very hard to catch up to the other pros. But I just think the dancers in the troupe are still much more qualified dancers & teachers and more deserving to compete on the show because they're all actually professional latin ballroom dancers for many years and have much more experience and knowledge than Allison does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Keo doesn't bring out the best qualities. He can't teach, that's the problem.
    I think Alan should have been given a chance.
    I don't know the bull rider, he better be like James last season, or he's gone before Charo imho.
    I agree about Keo, he's a great dancer but he's not a good teacher, I wish Alan get to compete this season, I think he deserves his chance now more than Keo.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 02-28-2017 at 10:00 PM.
    crusin likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Fogey

Yay! Kym is back.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Oh no not Vile with Peta..dang!

EJ and Gleb, sexy time...
    Glen was Lisa V's partner too. That's cool!

So I'm excited for Normani and Val love them both! Simone and Sasha will definitely be front runners for them it will come down to choreography. I think Keo and Charo are a great pairing as she can at least move her hips. I actually love Keo hope he actually gets to stick around this go round. I think we should also should watch the pairing of Nancy Kerrigan with Artem. They are both super competitive and with Val and Maks there this season might be a bit of a hardcore throwdown.

A lot of pros not coming back this season No Derek or Tony. I am thoroughly disappointed mostly that Allison won't be on this season. I feel like she was a season or two from take the Mirror Ball.

Most of the other "stars" I don't know but they have excellent pros back this season so I reserve judgment on them.

Actually looking forward to this season.

Just read a little about Heather Morris and she is more of a ringer than Simone is. (I don't really care about the ringer thing anymore, just keep me entertained and don't have a snotty attitude, and I'll like you! ) But she used to be a back up dancer for Beyoncé.

Should be a solid season with some solid dancing! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a new pro win for once! I'm all in for Sasha/Simone!!!!!!

I'm also excited for David Ross/Linds! I hope he can move!!

Normani will definitely be one to watch as well, but I'm sure we will get the "busy schedule" from her a few times!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 03-01-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Just read a little about Heather Morris and she is more of a ringer than Simone is. (I don't really care about the ringer thing anymore, just keep me entertained and don't have a snotty attitude, and I'll like you! ) But she used to be a back up dancer for Beyoncé.

Should be a solid season with some solid dancing! I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a new pro win for once! I'm all in for Sasha/Simone!!!!!!

I'm also excited for David Ross/Linds! I hope he can move!!

Normani will definitely be one to watch as well, but I'm sure we will get the "busy schedule" from her a few times!
    Ohh wow just googled her and geez they gave her Maks at that wow! Should be a great season with all these people with dancing potential. I wonder if Heather goes far if they will make her a pro. Doesn't seem like she has much of an acting career right now.
    Last edited by mika06; 03-01-2017 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I was hoping Val would get Simone Biles since Val was paired with Simone's teammate Laurie last season, but then again if Val were to pair up with Simone then many people probably would accuse the show of "rigging" or being bias towards Val because he was already paired with a gymnast last season. I'm surprised that Simone is paired with Sasha though, I would've thought that a gymnast would be paired with one of the DWTS "veteran" pros like Mark or Derek if not Val, I was hoping Mark would return for this season, I do miss Mark, I think he would've made a good partner for Simone. I think Simone was paired with Sasha probably mainly because of their heights, they're both very short, Sasha always gets the very short ones because of his own short height. But I'm curious about this partnership now, Simone is expected to be very skilled and have a lot of potential like Laurie did, I think she will definitely further test Sasha's skills and abilities as a pro this season, no doubt she would be one of Sasha's most challenging partners. Terra was very challenging for Sasha last season because of her dwarfism, but I think Simone would probably be just as challenging for him. I think Simone would already be considered a "frontrunner" now purely because of her popularity at the Olympics like Laurie.

I don't know any of the other supposed "stars" on that list, I had to look them up. I will watch out for Normani Kordei too mainly because she will be paired with my favorite pro Val this season, I hope this season would be another good season for him.
    I saw Simone on TV and she wanted Sasha.

Mr T screams first boot
    mika06 likes this.

FORT Fogey

The show has the Disney connection, which means a Simone Biles dance honoring High School the Musical complete with Zac Efron in the audience is a given.
    Miss_Griss likes this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

Quote Originally Posted by indy1945 View Post
    I saw Simone on TV and she wanted Sasha.
    Stature wise it's a great pairing even with Heels Simone will still be looking up to Sasha. I think Sasha can definitely get her to the Mirror ball but it will come down to the right choreo for the each week. Definitely popularity and ability wise the team to beat in my opinion.
    Last edited by mika06; 03-01-2017 at 11:21 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast