Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 23

Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 23

Maureen McCormick
    Season 23

Paired with Artem Chigvintsev

Follow Maureen on Twitter
    Follow Artem on Twitter

Maureen McCormick is widely known for her portrayal of eldest daughter, Marcia Brady, on the seminal ABC television sitcom The Brady Bunch, on which she starred from 1969 to 1974. She later reprised the role in many of the numerous Brady Bunch spin-offs and films, including The Brady Kids,The Brady Bunch Hour, The Brady Brides as well as A Very Brady Christmas. But America's favorite girl next door is way more than the three words she became famous for, encapsulated by "Marcia! Marcia! Marcia!"

McCormick has also had a successful career in film, as a stage actress, recording artist and author. She co-starred in the iconic feature The Idolmaker, toured as Wendy Darling in Peter Pan and Betty Rizzo in Grease, and released four popular studio albums. She portrayed country singer Barbara Mandrell in the television biopic Get to the Heart: The Barbara Mandrell Story. In 2009, McCormick added New York Times bestselling author to her resume with her much anticipated memoir, "Here's The Story." Over the past decade she's guest-starred on select primetime hit series while raising her daughter and enjoying family life.

Maureen is very active in the Best Buddies Foundation that she holds near and dear to her heart. She has previously sponsored kids through Children International, which helps give kids a chance for a better future, and has participated in numerous charity fundraising events throughout the years.

Artem Chigvintsev

Originally from Russia, dancing has taken Artem all over the world. In 2010, Artem made his professional dancing debut on the original UK version of Dancing with the Stars, Strictly Come Dancing. Paired with Kara Tointon, they went on to win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy, making Artem one of the first professionals to win the series as a first-time Pro.

Additionally, Artem was one of the choreographers on the British second series of So You Think You Can Dance and a finalist on SYTYCD in the US. In 2014, Artem joined the troupe on Dancing with the Stars and then partnered with Lea Thompson in Season 19.

Meet the Season 23 Cast | ABC.com

Re: Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 23

Another "older" lady like Marilu, but she still looks good and probably in good shape. I loved Artem on SYTYCD and I love him on this show. I'll be rooting for this couple.

I didn't think Maureen was very good. Okay, so she's emotional but all the crying and hugging Florence Henderson got on my nerves.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oceanus View Post
    I didn't think Maureen was very good. Okay, so she's emotional but all the crying and hugging Florence Henderson got on my nerves.
    Yes, I tend to agree. I was never very keen on the Brady Bunch, did she do anything else?
    dagwood likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I loved the Brady Bunch. Of course, I come from a family of 2 sets of 3's but we are halfs instead of steps but we don't call each other that since we feel like fulls.
    Will you accept my Racing Mirror-ball Olympian dancing Carly rose from a 24 hour live feeding Generation Fort jury Idol member, Quinn?

Modern day Norma Desmond.

Sent from my LG-AS990 using Tapatalk

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Maureen McCormick & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 23

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, I tend to agree. I was never very keen on the Brady Bunch, did she do anything else?
    I don't think she really ever did. I feel sorry for Maureen, as well as all the Brady kids pretty much. That show was huge, and almost as popular in reruns. I think it could have been a huge burden for them all being so closely associated with those characters all these years. For me, Maureen is a bit odd and overly dramatic as a result.

I think there's probably a reason that none of the other BB costars will show up to tapings. It's just Florence. I think Maureen is probably not very nice to be around and just from seeing her on this show, it's obvious how self-centered she is. When they showed footage on a Tuesday show of her Monday night performance - you know, when we get to hear what they said during and after the performance - I just cringed when Maureen said something like "What a great moment for me."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

While I have not exactly been loving on Maureen once the show started, I didn't take it like that. I took it as she was just extremely happy to be experiencing that moment.
    zookeepertx likes this.
    Will you accept my Racing Mirror-ball Olympian dancing Carly rose from a 24 hour live feeding Generation Fort jury Idol member, Quinn?

My feeling was that it was all about HER. It wasn't a great moment for "us" (ie. her AND Artem), it was all about "me."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast