Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke - Season 23

Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke - Season 23

Ryan Lochte
    Season 23

Paired with Cheryl Burke

Follow Ryan on Twitter
    Follow Cheryl on Twitter

Ryan Lochte has become a transcendent figure in the Olympic world. He is a four-time Olympia and a 12-time Olympic medalist. His seven individual Olympic medals are second all-time in Men's Swimming, and he is the current world record holder in the 200 individual medley. Ryan has been named both American and World Swimmer of the Year twice in his career (2010 & 2011) and has a total of 70 medals in major international competition, including 45 first place finishes.

Cheryl Burke

With over 20 years dancing experience and several championship titles under her belt, Emmy-nominated professional dancer Cheryl Burke has tangoed and sambaed her way into the hearts of millions. She recently became the show’s first professional dancer to appear in the finals seven times and the semi-finals ten times, becoming the champion twice with Emmitt Smith in Season 3 and Drew Lachey in Season 2.

Cheryl first began dancing at the age of six, taking ballet lessons and performing throughout the Bay Area. At 10, she discovered what would be her winning talent, ballroom dancing, and decided to hang up her ballet shoes to begin training in both Standard and Latin ballroom dancing. Outside of the ballroom, Cheryl has been named one of People Magazine’s Most Beautiful and often appears in Maxim Magazine’s Hot 100 List. She has been seen on the Disney Channel’s Suite Life with Zack and Cody and appeared in Ne-Yo’s music video “Camera Phone.” Burke also launched her own line of active wear and workout apparel with QVC.

Meet the Season 23 Cast | ABC.com

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: Ryan Lochte & Cheryl Burke - Season 23

"Jeah! Bro!"
    Dude actually had the phrase trademarked! TRADEMARKED! As dumb a `word' as Jeah! is, he didn't make it up, Young Jeezy did! Quit stealing crappy slang rap words! Also, it makes me sad that I know the origin of the shout out Jeah!

Favorite Ryan Lochte quote of all time: (In response to the question "Do you have a favorite saying?") "If you are a man at night be a man in the morning." As opposed to waking up as a Smurf when it's clear you went to bed as a man?

He spent 25,000 dollars on custom made grills. Which he attempted to wear on the podium at the 2012 Olympics. But party pooper officials made him take them out. Because it's against the rules. Which totally harshed on his chill, bro!
    Then there's umm, this:
    If you refuse to despise him for being a entitled, lying lump of chlorine (and I can respect that, I can) at least despise him for this:
    17uqtm2vix0o3jpg.jpg

or this: 17uqs9ct0nc8ljpg.jpg

or this: Because it's a sin, a sin to be poppin' your collar and rockin' your flip flops at the same time! It's one or the other, Ryan! You can't have both. It looks like some fratty, fratty frat boy collided with a hooka totin' hippie.
    kbnqsviemvlvn24e9z0l.jpg

That is all . For now. Jeah!
    Andy:there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.
    Red:What're you talking about?
    Andy:Hope.

Oh lawd.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post

Oh lawd.
    You know you want a pair of his custom made "wing tipped" kicks! lol
    Andy:there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    You know you want a pair of his custom made "wing tipped" kicks! lol
    I guess it's all about perspective. I hadn't heard of this guy until 2 days ago. Whenever I asked people why he's so hated, they either sent me links to articles where I was expected to wade through a bunch of stuff about the history of the Olympics, past transgressions linked to Olympians like the Phelps pot smoking scandal...etc., OR they told me to do a Google search or something equally homework-ish when I was simply trying to have a conversation. Had I wanted to do research, I would have.

In any case, before I knew what he had done, I had expected it to be something super heinous such as having sex with a minor or drunk driving into a school bus full of children. I didn't expect a lie about being robbed and some public urination???? I think what he did was stupid, but I don't understand why WE should care so much. What he did doesn't affect any of us that I can see, and so I see no reason to come after him with the pitchforks and torches. JMHO.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I guess it's all about perspective. I hadn't heard of this guy until 2 days ago. Whenever I asked people why he's so hated, they either sent me links to articles where I was expected to wade through a bunch of stuff about the history of the Olympics, past transgressions linked to Olympians like the Phelps pot smoking scandal...etc., OR they told me to do a Google search or something equally homework-ish when I was simply trying to have a conversation. Had I wanted to do research, I would have.

In any case, before I knew what he had done, I had expected it to be something super heinous such as having sex with a minor or drunk driving into a school bus full of children. I didn't expect a lie about being robbed and some public urination???? I think what he did was stupid, but I don't understand why WE should care so much. What he did doesn't affect any of us that I can see, and so I see no reason to come after him with the pitchforks and torches. JMHO.
    You are right, it is perspective. And knowledge.
    Ryan Locate is a 32 year old man. Not a child. Not a teenager. A grown man. This grown man was given the honor of representing his country at The Olympics three times. Beijing, London and Rio. In each instance, he demonstrated boorish behavior that included breaking the Olympic code of honor. In each instance, Lochte chose to ignore that code. To me, and to many other people, including those Olympians who are respectful enough to follow the rules, his choice to flaunt the rules and mock them, is a big deal. Because he is demeaning the thousands of athletes who follow those rules. And his bad behavior in other countries, fair or not, reflects on every American and helps feed into the perception we are self-absorbed morons who treat other cultures with utter contempt.
    He reaps fame, glory and money because he is afforded the privilege of participating in the Olympics. An opportunity few will ever have. Yet he repeatedly chooses to mock the very thing that is affording him all these opportunities at wealth and fame.
    His actions do hurt others. Every time he gets drunk he puts someone else at risk. But, he doesn't care. He did his apology tour and claimed he was contrite. Yet, the first song he dances to is "Call Me Irresponsible." Ha Ha. smh.
    Holding him accountable for his behavior, instead of minimizing it or excusing it is not the same as grabbing a pitchfork or a torch. Especially when he's been given so many passes before. Especially because he's rewarded for his bad behavior. Time and again. Including getting his own reality show on E! back in 2012, which was completely built around celebrating his irresponsible behavior.
    I believe people who agree to follow a set of rules should follow them. When you break that oath, you've lost my respect. When you repeatedly break that oath you should lose all privileges attached to that oath. It's about being an adult. Being a responsible , respectful human being who sees beyond his or her self. JMHO.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 09-14-2016 at 08:21 AM.

Well said, Redsox girl! And, not only is all of the above true, but in this latest incident, his sin of the public urination and minor vandalism would have been quickly forgiven/forgotten had it not been for the lies he told to cover it up. He lied to the press, he lied to the Olympic oifficials, he lied to his family. This guy is a class A scum bag!
    redsox girl likes this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Standing Ovation to you, redsox girl. I was annoyed by his constant excuses about his "immature" behavior . . . that might work if you're college-aged, but he's 32. If he's not grown up by now, when will he be?

JosephD - sorry about suggesting you Google "Rio Olympics embarrassment"; it was my snide way of describing Lochte's behavior.
    redsox girl and JosephD like this.
    I'm Paula.

Two (very minor ) points... he's not popping his collar, he's putting on a sweater, and HE didn't pick the music. His surprised reaction when she told him was proof of that for me.
    zookeepertx likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I laughed when he said he felt hurt, and he thought people had moved on. Ryan, it was a few weeks ago, not years!!! Too soon for him to be on imho, its still very fresh in everyone minds, oh and use the urinal at the show.Walls are off limits...
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast