+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3857646;
    Welcome to the dark side ...

I had exactly the same reaction to those quotes of Jake's. Just wait until the backstage interviews. He'll say something that will start out sounding like a compliment to Chelsie, but will end up sounding like he's trying to make himself the hero. He's nauseating. Can't get voted off soon enough to suit me.
    Re the bolded sentence: I'm even more sick of him now, now that he somehow managed to get his very own special solo DWTS commercial that airs during my ABC soaps. Totally gag-worthy. Recaps his Bachelor stint, and then has him doing some very bad dancing and grinningly saying "Ready for takeoff!"

Nauseating is a good way to put it. So many are icked out by others, but no one can top this guy for me this season. What I wouldn't give for the co-host to have been Miss Piggy... Ah, I can hear the snark coming out of "her" mouth now. That would've been fun.

I honestly don't see him lasting long. Without the benefit of editing, he comes across very wooden and... awkward, I guess is the best way to put it. If the average DWTS viewer who knew nothing about him going in is wooed by his "personality," I'll eat my darn hat.

I was actually going to watch the show to see him dance, but my :vomit level is already off the charts - I might try and hunt down a clip on youtube so I can see him dance, but will cut it off before he opens his mouth. I might join the show when he's booted.

I feel most sorry for Chelsie who is getting someone who is coming in with negative baggage.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I suspect Vienna's "surprise couple of friends" will just be some of the girls from the Bachelor house, to again try to dispel the prevalent thinking that she was unpopular, rude and obnoxious with the others. So the rehabilitation tour of Vienna continues.

It's so apparent that ABC wants Jake to stick around as long as possible on DWTS, and is making every effort to both present him in a favorable light and give him extra publicity to establish him in the public's mind as equal in celebrity status to the other cast members. Now I'm just waiting for the inflated scores from the judges. Yuck.
    Last edited by ironcat; 03-18-2010 at 12:55 PM.

I totally see Gia being there. She got the F3 spot and a great edit for a reason - her star is about to start shining brighter - but not if she keeps hanging out with V. It won't be Ali......can't be Ali anyway since she's filming her season as we speak - and he'll be long gone before filiming ends.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Bachelor Jake Pulled "Three Muscles in My Back" Rehearsing for DWTS

Jake Pavelka is dancing through the pain.

"Right now, I have three pulled muscles in my back," the Bachelor, 32, tells Entertainment Tonight after hours of DWTS rehearsals.

He's trying to stay strong for the competition, which kicks off next Monday on ABC.

"You just ignore it. I also have two blisters on my feet," he says. "I am not a woe-is-me guy, who plays the sympathy card. It is just what is."

The airline pilot has been disciplined while prepping for the show. He says he wakes up at 5:30 every morning to pray and meditate. Then he downs an 800-calorie shake made from oatmeal, eggs, a banana and blueberries, and studies dance videos for 45 minutes before heading into the studio to meet up with partner Chelsie Hightower.

Hightower says she plays to make Pavelka go shirtless while performing.

"He doesn't know it yet, but my plan is to make this [she gestures to Pavelka's abs] our secret weapon," Hightower tells ET.

His fiancee Vienna Girardi will be rooting for him from the front row Monday night.

"Vienna is my No. 1 fan," Pavelka says. "She has been incredible through all of this. She will be cheering me on. It might surprise everybody that she might have a couple friends in the audience that people don't know are friends."
    News - Bachelor Jake Pulled "Three Muscles in My Back" Rehearsing for DWTS - Movies, TV & Music - UsMagazine.com

OMG... I can't stand him any longer. Never has someone's smile made me so nauseous. I would love to see him gone before Kate even. At least Kate isn't in denial about not being liked. Jake thinks everyone loves him. Can't wait to see who Vienna's new (paid for) friends are. I think they are hoping that if we see her with people we like we will like her more... nope if anything I will like her "friends" less.

According to Gia's twitter she will be in LA with Vienna on Monday. So I am assuming that means for the DWTS premiere.

I feel that his presence on the show may be some sort of skewed karmic justice for those of us that had to grit our teeth and close our eyes and ears during the trauma that was Bubbles, the Endlessly Grinning Dimwit.

Kind of sucks for those who despise both of them, though.
    And so it begins, the end of times..

Vienna is my No. 1 fan...It might surprise everybody that she might have a couple friends in the audience that people don't know are friends.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

I think that you have it nailed, BritLit!

+ Reply to Thread