+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344 LastLast

Thread: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Re: Ty Murray & Chelsie Hightower - Season 8

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3446639;
    Wow. Ty is a lot older than I thought. After seeing that his last championship was 11 years ago, I looked up his birthdate, and he turns 40 this year.
    Yeah. I was surprised when I found out about his age because he definitely doesn't look like a 40 years old guy. lol. He keeps saying that Chelsie's like his adopted daughter since she's like 20 years younger than him; it's really cute when he says that.

If you all add up everything; his reconstructed legs, broken jaw, broken shoulder, no musical/dancing background, trained to be a tough guy since two and all that, plus his age... for me, Ty has done more than what I think a man with those history capable of doing. No joke when he said he really did his best. lol.

ETA: Miss_Griss. lol. I noticed that too. All are challenges show... I guess he likes challenges. Can't really compare Mel's reality TV show because it's all drama and all about popularity. Don't think racing and bull-riding are popular.

ETA: I'd like to see more of the Ty Murray’s Celebrity Bull Riding Challenge. I'd love to see Len being one of the "celebrities".. hahahaha
    Last edited by kiariclois; 05-12-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Ty and Chelsie were such a class act While I knew they were getting the boot tonight, and technically weren't the best dancers, Ty reminded me why I love this show so much. Being the best dancer doesn't always mean the most interesting TV. He's far from the worst in history, and unlike some other clunkers of DWTS past Ty actually seemed to get better (to a point, obviously). Chelsie deserves a lot of credit for being so patient and just enjoying the experience. Not everyone can get the Apolo's, Emmitt's, Kristi's, and Shawn's, but not everyone will sulk about it, either. She gave it her all and worked with Ty. Much like some of my other favorites pros (Kym mainly) she worked on his strengths and tried to bring that out in the dance. Ty is such a nice soul, as he could have been the stick in the mud who just wanted out. He seemed to want to do well for Chelsie and his fans who kept him in. They had fun, they worked hard, and it showed. He was definitely fun to watch. I'll miss his one liners. I never would have guessed he had those arms hiding under there, or such a sense of humor.

dancingfan

I will really miss Ty in the competition. He and Chelsie did a fantastic job for all these weeks.

I hope that Chelsie is back next season.

it's been a wild ride! Parkhillian's Avatar

I hope Chelsie is back next season too, I think she did one terrific job with Ty. Her personality and method of teaching really was the perfect fit for Ty. She has really impressed me so much this season, who knew that she would make Ty a dancer? lol

I am so proud of the cowboy...he dun good!

Such a trooper and a gentleman, so happy he made it to the semi-finals. Jewel is a very lucky woman.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I love Ty and Chelsea! I saw them on Jimmy Kimmel and they both seemed happy, relaxed and maybe somewhat relieved. Ty said that he was so glad he didn't have to learn another dance!

He blogs again... I'm copying the message that goes out to his fans...

But I want to send out a real, true, heartfelt thank you to everyone that has supported me.

I really appreciate all the comments you leave for me every day and for going through this journey with me and giving me all the support because, trust me, it's pretty obvious that dancing isn't my thing and the long days spent trying to learn these dances would have been a heck of a lot tougher to get through if I didn't know that I had such a great Army behind me.

I'll check back in and let everyone know how the trip to New York went and, again, I truly appreciate every one for cheering me on through this experience.
    Awww.. You're welcome, Ty. It's sweet that he seems to really enjoyed reading all the comments and some of them give him advice which I think he took it to heart. Sweet.

Apparently, we'll still be seeing Ty next week. hahaha. He's not really leaving. That's great. I'm all about seeing him dance...

And Jewel also blogs... This part got me real interested. About Ty... obviously...

I have written quite a few songs for him over the years:
    “Does Anyone Believe in Love”- I wrote that when I first met him.
    “Break Me”- when I fell in love.
    “Standing Still”- when I was afraid I needed him more than he needed me.
    “Two Become One”-wanting to melt.
    “Again and Again”
    “I Do”
    “Thump, Thump”
    Gosh, I'm sure there are many more. Those are just a few that come to mind.
    Think I'll hunt those songs. lol

Ty has been the gutsest contestant ever. He gave 21o% into trying to learn the dances. He has to learn to loosen up his hip action. I hope he continues trying to learn and his not giving up lets me guess that he just may continue trying to conqure this. to Ty Murray!

You and Chelsie were a joy to watch on DWTS. You have a wonderful personalty and Chelsie is very beautiful and has a equally good personalty.
    Best of luck to you and Jewel on your plans for a future family.

lookit, lookit... Found a picture of Ty from his other reality TV show.

Hahhaa. He had that hat on, while wearing driving costume. hahaha. Makes me wonder how many hats does he have... lol

I wonder, which dance will he be doing at the final result show. hmm

+ Reply to Thread