+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

FORT Regular

Re: Chuck Wicks & Julianne Hough - Season 8

I seem to remember that Chuck made a couple of comments to the judges that people thought were disrespectful, too. So it just may be his delivery that people take as being more edgy than he means it to be.

I actually liked Chuck and Julieanne - barring a couple of comments - and think he really did make alot of progress thru the season - kinda sad to see him go as I think he was just hitting his peak - he was very gracious from the moment they were announced as leaving - by his actions and by his comments about Melissa - don't see at all what all the conflict or fuss is about - enjoyed what he did while he was there - JMHO tho

I will enjoy his music tho
    Last edited by Capegal; 04-29-2009 at 10:53 PM.
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

FORT Fogey

I just saw them on Regis and Kelly--and Chuck was awful--his dancing I mean.
    I don't know whta happened but he seems to have already lost whatever he'd found the last few weeks.

Maybe it was because he was wearing jeans instead of the silk pajamas?

And he and Julianne has ZERO chemistry today.
    I wonder how much longer they'll be together?

I know this sounds catty--I don't mean it to--I really wanted to like Chuck with Julianne since she's long been one of my faves.

I'm just reporting what I saw and heard.

It was kind of embarrassing actually.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Premium Member

I find it interesting that the article says their elimination was a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3430513;
    I find it interesting that the article says their elimination was a surprise.
    Me, too. I suppose they were surprised they didn't outlast Ty and Chelsie. I'm glad to know, though, that we're down to the couples (including Julianne and Chuck) who will go out gracefully.

eta: LT and Edyta did, too. I forgot about them (and how they danced, lol).
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fogey

I found it interesting that she said she was taking a season off. I thought she was leaving it completely behind but I think it's wise of her to leave the door open. I wish them both luck. Nice couple.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3430997;
    I found it interesting that she said she was taking a season off. I thought she was leaving it completely behind but I think it's wise of her to leave the door open. I wish them both luck. Nice couple.
    After last season she took some flack across the web for first saying she was taking this season off, then backtracking and saying she wasn't sure, then returning with her boyfriend. I had heard that this was her last season on contract to do the show, so along with bringing Chuck onboard, I figured she'd want to get it over with. I think it is smart for her to leave the door open on returning, as I think they'd welcome her back with open arms. If all goes really well with her singing I doubt she'll be back, but if things don't go so hot then she might come back for the media bump. Hey, it's helped other stars jump start their careers again.

And he and Julianne has ZERO chemistry today.
    I wonder how much longer they'll be together?
    I haven't watched Regis/Kelly, but these two haven't seemed to have much chemistry all season. On Jimmy Kimmel Julianne did mention she realized she was going too easy on him earlier this season than she ever would have on any of her other partners. They talked about how they met and showed the infamous boob grab from their samba. But she seemed to have more chemistry with Apolo and Helio than she did with her real life boyfriend. At any rate, they seem like a cute couple, so I hope they make it. If for some reason they don't I don't think they'll have a problem finding someone else

if i remember correctly, julianne said after last season that she was done with dwts to concentrate on her music career. i don't remember her describing it as taking a season off. then, abc dreamed up the couples angle (which choked as soon as jewel was out) and there they were.

it makes good business sense for her to NOT dismiss the possibility of a return. she seems to be doing well in her music career. of course, who knows what abc/bbc are offering her to return. no matter what, she IS a fan favorite. chuck didn't last this long on HIS name recognition/dancing skills...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;3428994;
    I don't know if Chuck was dissing her or not. I can't blame him if he's a little bitter. Maybe he's just giving a friendly warning to the other contestants. It's Chuck. Who knows what he meant.
    Also, tptb, by putting Melissa in the b2 may have given the impression she did not get much votes. And by Derek and Lil'Kim being the first to be passed for next week would have given the impression that Lil'Kim had more votes. This impression is all false, so by taling about Melissa's fans and votes he tries to point out the mathematics of it to let the viewers know the truth, that Melissa got most of the votes even though she may be standing as b2. It is really robbing from the others especially, by putting Melissa as b2. People might vote for her because they think she needs the votes.

+ Reply to Thread