+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: 5/23 DWTS 24 - Season Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/23 DWTS 24 - Season Finale Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't think this show has ever been about the best technical dancer. The judges score on technical proficiency, but voters are more concerned with whom they like the best. That's why scoring is 50/50. We don't outweigh the judges and their choices don't always keep someone safe. Once in awhile we all agree, and love someone charming that dances beautifully. (Bindi Irwin), Laurie, etc.

Normani was in bottom two just a few weeks ago, despite all the 10's she had received in that night's performance. I thought each performance was lovely on Tuesday, but Val just won season 23 with Laurie, so as much as I love Normani and Val; I understand why fewer votes went her way and Emma deserved this win as much as Rashad.

I think the fact that Rashad put in more than twice the amount of hours than any other celeb in practice, showed how devoted he was to winning and I say; Well deserved!
    When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    That's because everyone (including Rashad and David themselves) had expected Normani to win or it would've come down to either her or Rashad, so when it was announced that Normani had come in 3rd literally everyone in the room (and many others watching at home and online) were shocked, including Rashad and David themselves, just look at their shocked faces. I don't think the shock and silence in the room would've bothered David much at all, because he genuinely looked shocked himself, he had probably already resigned himself to believe that he would be #3, and he seemed genuinely relieved when Rashad won. I'm sure a part of him wanted to win, but I think it's obvious that another part of him was also relieved that he didn't win.
    I'm aware of WHY the reaction happened; I just felt like it must be kind of an awkward situation. Just like I'm sure it would have been awkward if David had WON. He's such a nice guy that I'm sure he'd have felt bad if he had!
    redsox girl and Fanny Mare like this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

With such a twisty season I'm not sure any of the finalists assumed one person had it sewn up. I know David's reactions week after week came from a place of deep humility and gratitude. And a realization he moved peoples hearts so deeply they chose to show their appreciation by voting for him. When people state David doesn't deserve second place, when they write he didn't earn it, I ask, why? He earned his spot honestly. He needed more than the support of Cubs nation in order to move forward week to week. So, millions of people, simply by watching him and FEELING his dancing through the television, came to care about David's story. Because, even though his steps occasional faltered, his spirit did not. His dance was as much about technique as it was about sincerity of expressing their own life journey's. He reminded them of their better selves. He reminded them of loved ones departed, who had the same warmth in their souls as David has in his smile. This smile that is genuine, honest. David earned his spot honestly. He earned it. Those who voted for him are not stupid. They did not vote for the wrong person anymore than Normani fans voted for the wrong person.
    People naturally are passionate about their favorite performer. But, tearing down other contestants and their supporters in order to build up ones favorite is now so common few people notice it.
    Perhaps being humble and kind are qualities we roll our eyes at in the era of cynicism. I'm not sure why the crowds take to the streets with pitchforks, determined to diminish someone's moment in the sun, but it's not pretty. So, maybe when someone like David comes along, we are reminded that good, genuinely nice, everyday people do flourish in a noxious atmosphere. Humble and kind are not just words in a song, but qualities to aspire to and even admire. In this hard, angry world.
    And being nice doesn't seem so ordinary and average anymore. Good qualities can thrive, despite the divisiveness.
    It's like watching a sunflower pushing up through the broken, unforgiving concrete sidewalk. It's crown of bright, joyful yellow sunbeams unfurling in the sun. Exuberance of life defeating cold, grey unforgiving territory.
    These are the emotions I experienced watching David's journey.
    He earned every last one of those votes. He earned my thanks.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 05-25-2017 at 08:51 PM.
    dagwood, Bloomers, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    “Human beings can be awful cruel to one another.”
    ― Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    With such a twisty season I'm not sure any of the finalists assumed one person had it sewn up. I know David's reactions week after week came from a place of deep humility and gratitude. . . . . .

. . . . .He earned every last one of those votes. He earned my thanks.
    <standing ovation> Beautifully, eloquently said! I bow to your writing skills for saying what I felt, MUCH better than I ever could have!
    (Just saving space by clipping your post. The whole thing was perfect)

redsox girl said:

"With such a twisty season I'm not sure any of the finalists assumed one person had it sewn up. I know David's reactions week after week came from a place of deep humility and gratitude. And a realization he moved peoples hearts so deeply they chose to show their appreciation by voting for him. When people state David doesn't deserve second place, when they write he didn't earn it, I ask, why? He earned his spot honestly
    "

This is stated beautifully....well done! I try to stay balanced when I can, so I am going to say that people are saying David didn't deserve the 2nd place because technically he could not dance as well as Normani. Granted.

However, if we are going to talk about who deserved what and based on dance ability, Heather did not deserve to go out before Bonner, and Simone most definitely should have been vying for one of the top 2 places. She did not deserve to be in 4th place if we talk technicality.

They all worked hard, they all wanted to win, and they all deserved to win.

David has a lot of heart. As far as what he deserved, he too deserved to win.

Peace to everyone. Next season is coming. Root for your person, and maybe he/she will win that go-'round!
    dagwood and zookeepertx like this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

+ Reply to Thread