Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Heather Morris
    Season 24

Paired with Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Follow Heather on Twitter
    Follow Maks on Twitter

Heather Morris is both a talented actress and dancer. She is best known for her role as 'Brittany Pierce' on FOX's hit series, Glee, and she also appeared in the feature film Spring Breakers. After college, Morris was invited to join Beyoncé's "I Am…Sasha Fierce" world tour. She has appeared on How I Met Your Mother and Comedy Bang! Bang! and recently starred in the feature films Folk Hero & Funny Guy and Most Likely to Die.

Heather lives in Los Angeles with her husband and two young sons.

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

"The Bad Boy of the Ballroom" joined the show in Season 2, competing with partner Tia Carrere. We fell for Maks instantly. Known for his bold moves and even bolder mouth, he's the one we love to hate and hate to love.

Maks has come close to getting that shiny disco ball four times. He made it to the finals with boxing champ Laila Ali in Season 4, finished in second place in Season 5 with Mel B, in season 10 a close third with Erin Andrews and ended in second place with Kirstie Alley in season 12. So close! But May 20, 2014, paired with Olympic ice dancer Meryl Davis, Maks finally won his first Mirror Ball trophy!

Ladies love to look at Maks. "I know my assets so I don't have a problem opening my shirt," the dancer says. "I notice women looking at my chest all the time. If you want to look at my chest, go ahead." Don't mind if we do!

Outside of DWTS, Maks choreographed for famed director Franco Dragone's Le Reve, and performed in the Broadway show Burn the Floor. Currently a board member for the non-profit organization DanceTeamUSA, Maks is dedicated to inspiring American kids to get involved in DanceSport. He started the Rising Stars Dance Academy, which is the premier youth ballroom dance school in the United States. He also organizes performances all over the world through his company Maksim Chmerkovskiy Productions.

Meet the Season 24 Cast | ABC.com

FORT Fogey

Re: Heather Morris & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Maks has got himself a talented dancer....This should be interesting

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Make has got a huge ringer, I'm sure he'll do very well..
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hmm...
    This is one to watch for.
    Another Glee-ite.
    So when we gonna see Naya Rivera?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

She was one of my two most disliked "Glee" characters (the other being Rachel and she's even worse than Brittany). Aside from "Glee", I remembered her audition for Season 2 of SYTYCD and that she was eliminated at the green mile. However, the clown she auditioned with (Ben Susek a.k.a. The Complete Tool Who Didn't Know When To Keep His Mouth Shut) somehow made the Top 20. Anyone who saw Season 2 of SYTYCD knew that Ben unwittingly mouthed his way into an eventual elimination during that show (Sheesh! And I thought Blake McGrath's arrogant attitude topped the cake back on Season One). It was probably due to the fact she was friends with that moron that resulted with her elimination short of the Top 20. Frankly, I think both Maks and her will get along just great.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

I think being paired with Maks, along with her dancing experience will mark her near the top of the leader board.......right at the moment. It all depends on whether she also has a charming personality and wins over the judges and fans.
    Ellen likes this.
    When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I think being paired with Maks, along with her dancing experience will mark her near the top of the leader board.......right at the moment. It all depends on whether she also has a charming personality and wins over the judges and fans.
    Hopefully, like some of his partners have * cough* Amber. She'll get an attitude. Being from Glee I doubt that though.
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Did anyone see Maks on The View yesterday? He was questioned about being partnered with a professional dancer, and didn't deny or try to downplay it. He said something about Heather being brought on as a pro who is also a celebrity. The subtext was that he probably has the MBT in the bag, and I can't blame him. It just might be the truth unless she doesn't come across well to the fans, or there is a surprise top contender in the bunch.
    mika06 likes this.

I really don't think she will come across well..... I just watched an interview with her and thought "well, she may be proficient, but she is also a lot of fluff". Granted, she may have felt extremely uncomfortable doing the interview, but she will have to endure it all through the show. She does not exude charm, she doesn't really have much personality. I wonder whether the judges will even be harder on her? She will dance beautifully because Maks will teach her well, but I don't see her winning the MB.

I'm seeing the charming personalities of Simone, Bonner and Normani capturing hearts across the country this season.
    mika06 likes this.
    When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I really don't think she will come across well..... I just watched an interview with her and thought "well, she may be proficient, but she is also a lot of fluff". Granted, she may have felt extremely uncomfortable doing the interview, but she will have to endure it all through the show. She does not exude charm, she doesn't really have much personality. I wonder whether the judges will even be harder on her? She will dance beautifully because Maks will teach her well, but I don't see her winning the MB.

I'm seeing the charming personalities of Simone, Bonner and Normani capturing hearts across the country this season.
    Agreed with all of the above. We have too many charming people on this show, so despite how awesome her dances will most likely be, if she can't turn on the charm, she won't win the MBT.
    Mike'sgirl and mika06 like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast