Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Mr. T & Kym Herjavec - Season 24

Mr. T & Kym Herjavec - Season 24

Mr. T
    Season 24

Paired with Kym Herjavec

Follow Mr. T on Twitter
    Follow Kym on Twitter

Born in Chicago, Illinois, Mr. T is the youngest boy in a family of 12 children. His father was a minister who left the family when Mr. T was only five years old, leaving his mother to raise him and his siblings. In high school, he excelled at athletics and became a football star and three-time wrestling champion.

In the mid-70s, he found a job as a doorman. His days as a military policeman helped him gain a reputation as one of Chicago's toughest, and most infamous, bouncers. Always the consummate showman, he adopted a Mohawk hairstyle inspired by a National Geographic photo of an African Mandikan warrior. He started sporting piles of gold jewelry, which he claimed to have taken from misbehaving customers. He also adopted the name Mr. T, claiming the new moniker would force customers to show him respect.

Mr. T's position as a bouncer for one of Chicago's hottest nightclubs frequently put him in contact with celebrities. His outrageous reputation and his famous connections earned Mr. T the new job of celebrity bodyguard, and he began protecting stars such as Steve McQueen, Diana Ross and Muhammad Ali. The job lasted nearly 10 years, until Sylvester Stallone watched Mr. T on a TV series in which he won World's Toughest Bouncer.

Stallone decided to cast the bodyguard in his film, Rocky III. Mr. T played 'Clubber Lang,' a boxer pitted against the film's main character, 'Rocky Balboa.' It was during the filming of this movie that Mr. T coined the catch phrase, "I pity the fool!" The film became a blockbuster hit, and his performance made him an overnight sensation. Taking advantage of his newly found fame, Mr. T landed a starring role in the film D.C. Cab. He also premiered in his own cartoon series, Mister T, which aired on NBC. On television, he starred on The A-Team. He later starred in his own reality show, I Pity the Fool, and voiced the character of 'Officer Earl Devereaux' in the animated movie, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.

In 1985 Mr. T entered the world of professional wrestling. He became the tag-team partner of wrestling legend Hulk Hogan in WrestleMania I. Around this time, he also began starring in his own show, T. and T., about a streetwise kid who became a city detective. In 2015 Mr. T was inducted into the Wrestling Hall of Fame.

Gaining a reputation as an advocate and role model for young people, Mr. T began aiming more of his work around helping youths. In 1984 he released a music album entitled "Mr. T's Commandments," which encouraged children to make good choices. He followed the success of this album with a motivational video and film soundtrack, entitled "Be Somebody... or Be Somebody's Fool!" aimed at encouraging children to make responsible decisions.

Kym (Johnson) Herjavec

Aussie Native, Kym Herjavec certainly knows a thing or two about taking to the Dancing with the Stars stage. Kym first appeared on the show during its debut series in 2004 in Australia, winning the Mirrorball in her second season with her celebrity partner Tom Williams. In 2006 Kym jetted to Hollywood to compete on the US version of Dancing with the Stars where she has since appeared in 14 series, winning twice with celebrity partners Hines Ward and Donny Osmond. Kym is the only professional dancer in the world to hold trophies on two different continents.

Kym began dance at the age of three, training in all aspects of the performing arts including singing, Ballet, Tap, Jazz and acrobatics. At 13, she was inspired to concentrate her talent in the field of competitive Ballroom dance. She then went on to become the Australian Ballroom Champion and represented Australia in the 'World 10' dance championships for two years running. Before appearing on Dancing with the Stars in Australia, Kym appeared in the hit show Burn The Floor.

Meet the Season 24 Cast | ABC.com

Re: Mr. T & Kym Herjavec - Season 24

So Kym is back. Is she still married to Robert the Millionaire?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanne View Post
    So Kym is back. Is she still married to Robert the Millionaire?
    Yes, and they are happy...
    dagwood, mika06 and jeanne like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, and they are happy...
    I hope they stay that way. I love them as a couple.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Well, she is using his name...Herjavec. I'll admit that that rather than Johnson was a jolt at first.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Im happy to see Kim back, but Mr T screams first boot to me I dont see them lasting long
    Ellen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    Im happy to see Kim back, but Mr T screams first boot to me I dont see them lasting long
    Nor do I, but this is gonna be a FUN first boot!
    I pity the fool...
    MReid likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I really wish they didnt put Kym with him ...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    I really wish they didnt put Kym with him ...
    I wish they had put him with Peta so she could go home and be with her baby. Kym would have been better with Nick Viall, who will possibly make it about halfway through. Maybe Mr. T will surprise us, but I'm anticipating something of the caliber of Master P.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Kim agreed to come on the show only if she had a short run......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast