Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 24

Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 24

Nancy Kerrigan
    Season 24

Paired with Artem Chigvintsev

Follow Nancy on Twitter
    Follow Artem on Twitter

Nancy Kerrigan has been one of America's most recognizable sports icons for over 20 years. Her rise to competing at a national level began when she placed 3rd at the 1991 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, allowing her to qualify for the 1991 World Championships, where she won the bronze medal as part of an American sweep. In 1992 she earned a bronze medal in the Albertville Winter Olympics and the silver medal at the 1992 World Championships. In 1993 Kerrigan became the United States Ladies Champion and followed that up with her historic silver medal performance at the 1994 Lillehammer Winter Olympics.

Along the way, Kerrigan became known for her groundbreaking fashion on the ice, teaming up with Vera Wang and others to create some of the most memorable skating outfits in the history of the sport.

The Nancy Kerrigan Foundation has raised significant funds for the vision impaired in honor of her legally blind mother, and she has been recognized for her excellence on and off the ice (US Figure Skating Hall of Fame, Mother's Day Foundation Mother of the Year, New England Sports Hall of Fame). More recently, Kerrigan has focused on her family (three children, ages 8, 11 and 19), choreography ("Halloween on Ice," "Skate Niagara," "Bryant Park Holiday Show") and is currently executive producing the upcoming documentary Why Don't You Lose 5 lbs, which examines the silent epidemic of eating disorders in sports.

Artem Chigvintsev

Originally from Russia, dancing has taken Artem all over the world. In 2010, Artem made his professional dancing debut on the original UK version of Dancing with the Stars, Strictly Come Dancing. Paired with Kara Tointon, they went on to win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy, making Artem one of the first professionals to win the series as a first-time Pro.

Additionally, Artem was one of the choreographers on the British second series of So You Think You Can Dance and a finalist on SYTYCD in the US. In 2014, Artem joined the troupe on Dancing with the Stars and then partnered with Lea Thompson in Season 19.

Meet the Season 24 Cast | ABC.com
    MReid likes this.

Re: Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 24

I'm looking forward to seeing her compete. I met her once and she is a very gracious lady.

Oh my goodness I have always been the biggest fan of Nancy Kerrigan and I am sooo pumped up to see her compete. I'd be over the moon if she won Hope she does well.
    Mike'sgirl and nennie like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

I'm anxious to watch Nancy, too. She's always been such a graceful skater!
    nennie, Fanny Mare and MReid like this.
    "Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen." ~ Orhan Pamuk

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I agree, she's a lovely skater.. I hope she does well.
    angelic_one2002, nennie and MReid like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

She lives a few towns from me. I remember her for her whininess, and horsey (not very graceful) skating style.
    redsox girl, LuckyMom and MReid like this.

I'm not sure I know who the true Nancy is. The person I've seen skate doesn't match up to the person I've seen in news stories. Recently she was on a gymnastics skating special with her children. She seemed like a regular mom with regular children. Nothing out of the ordinary and certainly not someone who is troubled.

If I watch this season of DWTS, hopefully it will help me separate fact from fiction. I'd like to think she's every bit as lovely as I originally thought she was.
    2016 Yearbook Title: As Playful, Faithful And Adorable As A Puppy Dog, But With Better Breath! ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner ~ AGT 10 2nd Place ~ DWTS 22 3rd Place

FORT Fogey

I always admired her since she appeared to have come from very ordinary circumstances. I smiled when I saw that she teamed with Vera Wang as she got deeper into skating for her costumes. I am pretty sure that at the beginning, her costumes were homemade because of the money concerns
    angelic_one2002 and MReid like this.

Nancy Kerrigan got thr "old lady partner" pro?
    Or, maybe, Artem FINALLY has a chance to shine!
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I have never been a fan, she has always seemed snooty to me. I guess we will see how she really is.
    holly71, LuckyMom and Wagara01 like this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast