+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 24

Re: Nancy Kerrigan & Artem Chigvintsev - Season 24

I really feel for Nancy. I think because of the way she looked and because of those gorgeous, elegant costumes, people thought Nancy was someone she wasn't. In reality, she was a working class girl who was more of a tomboy than an ice princess and she definitely wasn't prepared for the media spotlight glare, even though she was on the international stage for a number of years. I remember the Disneyland (Disney World?) appearance and how she talked (not knowing the mic was picking her up) about how corny it was. Well I totally agreed with her! I grew up in Orange County. I don't hate Disneyland, but I also never drank the Disney Kool-Aid. I got what she was saying, 100%!

I think Nancy was just a victim of her own naiveté. Was she a little uncouth? Sure. Was she a spoiled brat? I don't think so. Regardless of how she behaved back then, it was a LONG time ago. We should all feel lucky to NOT be judged by how we behaved at that age! I'm willing to give her a chance. I'd suspect she's matured and grown since then.....as we all hopefully have!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It looks like Nancy and Aertem are having fun based on this article:

Nancy Kerrigan returns to the ice with partner for DWTS | Daily Mail Online
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-16-2017 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Fixed link

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    It looks like Nancy and Aertem are having fun based on this article:

Nancy Kerrigan returns to the ice with partner for DWTS | Daily Mail Online
    Very nice. She looks good doesn't she? Thanks for the link..
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-16-2017 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Fixed link
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm not a Disney fan by any stretch of the imagination.
    Looking forward to seeing how Nancy K. has evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I really feel for Nancy. I think because of the way she looked and because of those gorgeous, qelegant costumes, people thought Nancy was someone she wasn't. In reality, she was a working class girl who was more of a tomboy than an ice princess and she definitely wasn't prepared for the media spotlight glare, even though she was on the international stage for a number of years. I remember the Disneyland (Disney World?) appearance and how she talked (not knowing the mic was picking her up) about how corny it was. Well I totally agreed with her! I grew up in Orange County. I don't hate Disneyland, but I also never drank the Disney Kool-Aid. I got what she was saying, 100%!

I think Nancy was just a victim of her own naiveté. Was she a little uncouth? Sure. Was she a spoiled brat? I don't think so. Regardless of how she behaved back then, it was a LONG time ago. We should all feel lucky to NOT be judged by how we behaved at that age! I'm willing to give her a chance. I'd suspect she's matured and grown since then.....as we all hopefully have!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I was so young (probably 3 or 4 ) when she was popular and the whole scandal went down, that I honestly don't really know much about her.

Hope she does well though!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I think she will dance beautifully. Nancy is older, but still young enough to make it to the finals on her skill and grace; (but winning the fans is very important). Simone will probably win most charming female, and Bonner most charming male. Fans will likely flock to those two. Rashad is showing a lot of confidence in himself and that might come across favorably or as arrogance. Heather will do beautifully dancing, but I think her lack of personality will hinder her. So, all in all I think Nancy is up against some tough competition.
    When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to what’s happening. That’s where your power is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12