Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Normani Kordei
    Season 24

Paired with Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Follow Normani on Twitter
    Follow Val on Twitter

Normani Kordei is one-fourth of one of the most popular girl groups in the world, Fifth Harmony. The release of Fifth Harmony's sophomore album, "7/27," is the latest in a series of record-breaking accomplishments for the group. "Work from Home," the album's 3x-platinum certified first single, earned Fifth Harmony their first top 10 hit on the Billboard Hot 100, notching the top spot on both the Billboard Rhythmic and Pop Songs charts. The group's accomplishments on the charts add to an award-winning 2016, with first-time wins at the American Music Awards, iHeartRadio Music Awards, People's Choice Awards and Much Music Video Awards; their second win at the Kids Choice Awards, two wins at the MTV Video Music Awards & Radio Disney Music Awards, and three wins at the Teen Choice Awards.

In 2015 Fifth Harmony released their debut album, "Reflection," which debuted at No. 5 on the Billboard 200 and has since been certified Gold. "Reflection" includes two platinum records, "BO$$" and "Sledgehammer," in addition to the quadruple-platinum success of the single, "Worth It."

Normani was born in Atlanta, Georgia, and raised in the city of New Orleans. When she isn't busy traveling the world on tour, acting as an Ambassador for foundations near to her heart, or volunteering her time to handfuls of charities, she enjoys spending her free time being a normal 20-year-old; dancing, jumping on the trampoline, tumbling, pretending to be a makeup artist, watching scary movies, writing down her inner most thoughts, watching American Horror Story and constantly working on perfecting her crafts.

Normani is the Global Ambassador to the American Cancer Society and recently started working with A Place Called Home, lending her name, time and talents to various events. In addition, she is also an Ambassador for The CyberSmile Foundation. She currently resides in Houston, Texas.

Valentin Chmerkovskiy

Ballroom legend and choreographer Valentin Chmerkovskiy joined the cast of professional dancers on Dancing With the Stars in 2011. Having accomplished all he could in the world of competitive dance, the 14-time US National Champion and two-time World Dance Champion quickly rose to stardom, becoming one of the show's fan-favorites for impeccable performances that showcased not only immense talent and creativity, but an undeniable charisma to match. Valentin is also the first—and only—American to ever win the IDSF World Championship. Since his TV debut, the Ukrainian-born dance champion continues to steal the hearts of fans—both on and off the dance floor. Val has expanded upon his talents as a dancer, choreographer and instructor to create an empire that inspires others through the art of dance. Valentin co-founded Dance With Me Studios, one of the nation's leading Latin and Ballroom dance studios, where he also lends his expertise as the venue's Art Director. The success of the first studio ignited a passion for teaching his craft, leading him to develop Dance With Me Juniors, a program he designed to keep kids healthy, focused and active. Val is also a classically trained Violinist, having performed in Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center as a concertmaster of the ISO Youth Orchestra.

Philanthropy is also important to Valentin who supports numerous children's and educational charities including Children's Hospital; and as an ambassador for Pencil's of Promise, Val has helped build two schools in Ghana. Born in Odessa, Ukraine Valentin emigrated to New York at eight years old and grew up in Brooklyn. He is fluent in Russian and English.

Val toured the country with the phenomenally successful Dancing with the Stars: Live!...a 40-city national tour, before returning to television for Season 21 of Dancing with the Stars. Val won the Mirrorball trophy in Season 23 with Olympic gymnast Laurie Hernandez.

Meet the Season 24 Cast | ABC.com

Re: Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

I don't know Normani but I'm looking forward to seeing how well this pairing will do and their journey mainly because I love Val!
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I don't know Normani but I'm looking forward to seeing how well this pairing will do and their journey mainly because I love Val!
    Hey Linda they showed some of their rehersals on Instagram and I am really excited for these two check it out if you can.

This was mentioned before but I think they will either win or be a shocking elimination boot mid season
    mika06 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    This was mentioned before but I think they will either win or be a shocking elimination boot mid season
    Depends a lot on her work ethic and attitude. This is the same girl whose group "phoned in sick" 10 minutes before they were scheduled to sing the national anthem for the NHL all-star game. The league had to come up with a substitute with no notice. She could well pull a similar stunt here, or just become a drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Depends a lot on her work ethic and attitude. This is the same girl whose group "phoned in sick" 10 minutes before they were scheduled to sing the national anthem for the NHL all-star game. The league had to come up with a substitute with no notice. She could well pull a similar stunt here, or just become a drama queen.
    That was her band member who literally sung the night before with the flu and laryngitis but was so sick she couldn't attend the show a the NHL.

That said Normani is far from a drama queen which is why she a favorite in her group. She was getting racist hate messages on social media for months and took it till she couldn't take it no more. She has partnered with a group to help teen girls don't go through the same experiences.

They have a lot of young fans who may not even watch and will just vote so I expect her to do well.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mika06 View Post
    Hey Linda they showed some of their rehersals on Instagram and I am really excited for these two check it out if you can.
    I know I've seen them, since I'm a Val fan I've watched most of their rehearsal videos they've posted on Instagram and interviews.

That was her band member who literally sung the night before with the flu and laryngitis but was so sick she couldn't attend the show a the NHL.

That said Normani is far from a drama queen which is why she a favorite in her group. She was getting racist hate messages on social media for months and took it till she couldn't take it no more. She has partnered with a group to help teen girls don't go through the same experiences.

They have a lot of young fans who may not even watch and will just vote so I expect her to do well.
    Good on her for standing up for herself and helping others. I'm still not familiar with Normani, but knowing that she's had to face challenges and discrimination like racism but doesn't let it define her and is actually helping other people overcome discrimination, she has my respect and I like her already. No doubt I'll be keeping my eyes on her and Val this season!
    Mike'sgirl and mika06 like this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Bingo! There is her storyline.....to go with her "star," who she is (the celebrity).
    She is a bona fide victim of hatred. The news and the social networks are covered with this sorry state of affairs - all of it, whites against blacks, blacks against whites, hatred against the police, hatred against gay people, hatred against people of different political beliefs, hatred anybody "different" than anyone else.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

Another pairing at the top of my last! Looking forward to her and Val!
    mika06 likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Bingo! There is her storyline.....to go with her "star," who she is (the celebrity).
    She is a bona fide victim of hatred. The news and the social networks are covered with this sorry state of affairs - all of it, whites against blacks, blacks against whites, hatred against the police, hatred against gay people, hatred against people of different political beliefs, hatred anybody "different" than anyone else.
    Sad but true, society today is still full of hatred, discrimination, racism, sexism, homophobia etc.

I just hope all the racist negativity doesn't hinder on Normani's performance and journey on this show, I really hope she stands strong and do well, I'd be supporting her and Val
    mika06 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast