+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Re: Normani Kordei & Valentin Chmerkovskiy - Season 24

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Bingo! There is her storyline.....to go with her "star," who she is (the celebrity).
    She is a bona fide victim of hatred. The news and the social networks are covered with this sorry state of affairs - all of it, whites against blacks, blacks against whites, hatred against the police, hatred against gay people, hatred against people of different political beliefs, hatred anybody "different" than anyone else.
    Might be true but she really doesn't need it like I said she has lot of those teen bopper fans who will vote for her if she sneezed and didn't dance at all so we will see how it goes.

I wouldn't be so sure about that...remember Cody Simpson in S18? He's huge and his fanbase is full of those teeny bopper fans, a lot of people thought he would do well on the show mainly because he had so many teenage fans who many people thought would constantly vote for him no matter what he did. But surprisingly he only made it to week 5 and got eliminated about halfway through the season.

Sometimes when you have a celebrity who is actually popular with a lot of obsessed dedicated fans, often people tend to think they would do well on the show or maybe even win, but more often than not things don't quite happen the way they expected.
    Even with Fifth Harmony's many teeny bopper fans, it doesn't guarantee she would go far in the competition (look at Cody), she would still need the votes, not just from Fifth Harmony fans, but also DWTS fans who regularly watch the show. So hopefully Normani will be able to charm many of the regular DWTS viewers and voters this season. Although she is paired with Val afterall, who is by far one of the most popular pros on the show and his own fanbase is huge too, so I think the support from the many Val fans would certainly help her chances too.
    But like I said, there's no guarantees so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 03-17-2017 at 09:49 PM.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I would say Fifth Harmony has a much bigger fan base than Cody Simpson. Cody also had an awful attitude and horrid spray tan if I remember correctly! Actually haven't heard of him since his DWTS stint.

No guarantees, but I see this pair sticking around for a while! In their rehearsehal videos, she seems very sweet. Hopefully she truly is, cause you've got to win over the older crowd if ya wanna stay on this show (like you said).
    mika06 likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Ever since his stint on DWTS, Cody Simpson has released another album, went on concert tour, then in 2016 he took a break to form his own band, he even did some acting work and he just signed on to star in a sports movie which is scheduled to start filming this year, so I would say he's still pretty big and has been fairly busy since he left DWTS.
    I wouldn't say his attitude on DWTS was "awful" exactly, but he did seemed a little reluctant to try new things and he was so engrossed and insistent on constantly doing his own style that a lot of people felt he wasn't really willing to embrace the experience and learn new things. And when he finally did started to try new stuff and break out of his shell a little bit, it was too late and he got eliminated. So I wouldn't say he had an "awful" attitude exactly, but he was a bit too reluctant and maybe a bit too arrogant, so not many people took to him. I don't think Cody was "terrible" exactly, he was just meh to me. And it also didn't help Cody's chances either that many people compared him to James Maslow who had a much more positive attitude and was more likable and he embraced the experience a lot more. I suppose the only support Cody had was mainly from his many teeny bopper fans, which obviously wasn't enough to help his chances.

I'm still unfamiliar with Fifth Harmony, I didn't even know them before they were cast for this season so I had to do a little research on them, I'm not really sure just how famous they are in America so I can't comment on whether they're more famous than Cody. But like I said, even if they have a huge fanbase with many of those teeny popper fans, I still wouldn't be so confident about her chances. I say she probably has a good chance of doing well and going far into the competition, but let's not forget there's some very tough competition this season, so we can't rule anyone out yet.
    Last edited by LindaL100; 03-18-2017 at 10:17 PM.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

She is energetic, young, beautiful and is really flexible; and of course.....sexy. I think she will do very well this season! Looking forward to watching her dance.
    mika06 and MReid like this.
    When you canít control whatís happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond to whatís happening. Thatís where your power is.

Len annoyed me giving them a 6. It made me vote for them even more, felt he was a bit harsh with them with the scoring
    Mike'sgirl and mika06 like this.

I liked their Quickstep, it was by no means the best dance of the night nor even one of the best, but I think it was a good Quickstep at least for their first ever dance, I really like the technical aspect of the choreography, Normani and Val looked great and I can definitely see the connection between them on the dance floor. However, I think the only downside to their dance was the song, I did not like it at all so the song definitely affected my viewing experience, so I definitely agree with the 7s. As for Len's 6, well it was the first dance of the night and Len typically gives lower scores than the other judges so I wasn't completely surprised when he gave them the 6, although I do think they should've gotten all 7s. If they had been given a better song then I probably would've enjoyed the dance even more and maybe would've given them an 8.

I love their Cha Cha this week, it was great and so lively and I think Normani has really improved, she just seemed so much more comfortable and natural in the dance compared to week 1, and to think they did not have much time to rehearse because of her band currently touring Asia. I think with all the jet lag and the limited amount of time they had to rehearse, Val really did a great job choreographing such a fun and lively Cha Cha for Normani, and Normani totally killed it, and you can tell they both had a great time dancing the routine, she just seemed to have so much fun with it and that's good to see. And those 4 8s were well-deserved too!

Can't wait to see what they come up with next week!

FORT Fogey

I recall the 5th Harmony group was put together by Simon Cowell during the XFactor--as he did that boy group in England.

As an individual, she is coming across very well---more personality than the Olympian and she can dance....very graceful moves. Good luck to her

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I recall the 5th Harmony group was put together by Simon Cowell during the XFactor--as he did that boy group in England.

As an individual, she is coming across very well---more personality than the Olympian and she can dance....very graceful moves. Good luck to her
    He did, and they are quite popular. I enjoy some of their music.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast