• 1 Post By LindaL100

Thread: Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater - Season 24

Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater - Season 24

Rashad Jennings
    Season 24

Paired with Emma Slater

Follow Rashad on Twitter
    Follow Emma on Twitter

Rashad Jennings was one of the top NFL running backs in 2015. In that breakout 2015 season, he started every game and set career highs in carries, rushing yards, receiving yards and receiving touchdowns. He was drafted in 2009 in the seventh round by the Jacksonville Jaguars, where he spent four seasons, was signed by the Oakland Radars in 2013 for one season, and signed a four-year contract with the New York Giants in 2014. Jennings set a Big South Conference record while at Liberty with 3,633 yards, 42 touchdowns, and averaged 5.7 yards per carry. He carried Liberty to their first two Big South Conference Championships.

Jennings was mentored in football by his two older brothers. They coached his private high school team for free in order for Jennings to attend the school. He left the University of Pittsburgh after one season as a true starting freshman there in order to be closer to home. He dedicates games to his father who has diabetes and both legs amputated.

He is the founder of the Rashad Jennings Foundation and is dedicated to inspiring youth by making education fun, providing mentorship for individual success, and promoting health and fitness. In 2016, 30,000 kids participated in his reading challenge, reading over 167,000 books. The foundation also creates and implements branded programs into schools for individual athletes throughout all 32 NFL teams to help other NFL players give back rashadjenningsfoundation.com.

Emma Slater

Emma started dancing at the age of five when she joined a local stage school in her hometown of Tamworth, England. In 2005, at age 16, Emma joined the cast of Simply Ballroom, touring the UK (Including London's West End) United Arab Emirates and South Africa, where she also appeared on Strictly Come Dancing. Emma won both the UK and British Youth Latin American Championships with her then partner, she then went onto perform in four other West End Theatre shows including Dirty Dancing.

In 2007, Emma played one of Sophie's (Amanda Seyfried) friends in the film Mamma Mia and also sang on the Grammy-nominated soundtrack for the movie. She went on to join Tony-nominated Burn the Floor for the show's debut on Broadway and continued on for the 2010 world tour.

In early 2012 Emma joined Dancing with the Stars as a Troupe dancer and choreographer and later went on to become a Pro dancer taking her partner, Bill Engvall, to the finals. Emma was also partnered with Michael Waltrip in Season 19.

Meet the Season 24 Cast | ABC.com

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Re: Rashad Jennings & Emma Slater - Season 24

I'm glad Emma got the footballer this year. She usually gets stuck with the train wrecks.

Oakland RADARS?
    dagwood and navybelle like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Oakland RADARS?
    I wonder if ABC has corrected the copy at the website since I lifted it from there...
    Ellen likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Oakland RADARS?
    Bwahahahaha.......
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

Rashad really surprised me with his dancing and performance in the premier, this guy has swag and definitely potential and he has natural musicality I didn't know who he was initially but the fact that he is a football player is the main reason his outstanding performance surprised me, he seems like he has dance experience, but maybe he's just like James last season who had no prior dance experience but has great potential and natural musicality. And I'm so happy for Emma too, after so many seasons with so many "duds" and what I mean by that is that she usually or typically gets the old contestants who really don't have much potential in the dancing department and she usually gets eliminated very early in previous seasons, but in this season she finally gets a young, fit and athletic partner who has great potential and musicality and is likable, I think Emma has a good chance of going far this season!
    Their dance is also without a doubt one of my favourites of the night, really good choreography by Emma, love the song, their connection and energy and performance level and partnership were all top notch in that performance
    dagwood likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

+ Reply to Thread