+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 11/22 DWTS 23 Season Finale Show *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/22 DWTS 23 Season Finale Show *West Coast Spoilers*

Those numbers are from a Twitter poll that the show posted for fans to vote on the side. It wasn't part of the official phone/web vote.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I did say I wasn't sure about those numbers, I just came across it on Twitter and the person who tweeted it didn't mention about it being the results from a poll, so I just assumed it was probably the tally from the official voting results, but like I said I wasn't sure.

Since I have been a fan of Val for several years now I've been following him on social media for a long time and just recently started following Laurie too, and some of the hateful and rude comments I've seen on their twitter and instagram accounts posted by some bitter fans of the other couples (mainly James fans) are just so ridiculous and uncalled for. Of course the vast majority of the comments are very supportive and congratulatory to Laurie and Val, but there are also a couple of rude comments posted by some bitter James fans in particular saying that they "didn't deserve to win" and blaming them and accusing the show of "rigging" the results etc which is utterly ridiculous. Laurie is talented and a very hardworker, she worked just as hard as everyone else, and she deserved to win just as much as the other finalists. I can understand that many James fans are disappointed and bitter that he and Sharna lost, but they should not blame Laurie & Val or the show for the results. From the very beginning we all knew Laurie was a frontrunner and James too, their scores from the judges were always very tight, so we all knew it was going to come down to Laurie and James, thus the results were ultimately mainly determined by the public votes from the audiences, and James simply did not have enough votes to beat Laurie. From day 1 everyone knew that Laurie was going to be a very tough contestant to beat, not only because she's so talented and hardworking, but also because of her huge popularity, so she already had the huge fanbase backing her up from the start. It's silly to think that the show was "rigged", it all mostly came down to the audience votes, and in the end James just did not have enough fans who voted for him, or his fans just didn't vote hard enough for him, simple as that. So it's silly and ridiculous for his bitter fans and haters to point fingers and blame Laurie and Val and the show for the results, the people they really should blame are themselves, because they did not vote hard enough for James or whoever their favorite couples are. Laurie and Val and the other contestants have absolutely NO control over the votes and scores, every week it is mostly depended on the votes from the audiences and fans that determine the outcomes of every week. Despite James' popularity and the results being very tight, but in the end James just did not have enough votes to beat Laurie & Val, if James' fans had voted more and harder for him, then maybe the outcome could've been different, so these bitter and irrational fans only have themselves to blame for the results, NOT the show and especially NOT Laurie and Val.

I'm not generalising "all" James fans, because I know some of his fans are more respectful and polite and even congratulated Laurie & Val even though they supported other couples, but there are always some fans and haters who are just so bitter and hateful and quick to point fingers and blame other people and throw temper tantrums whenever something doesn't happen the way they want it to. And it's not just some of James' fans, some fans of Calvin were rather rude and bitter too this season. This happens in every reason...every season whenever a couple wins, there will always be some rude and bitter fans of the other couples (especially fans of the runner-up couples) and haters bashing and blaming the winners, it's so ridiculous and rude and sad.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Those numbers are from a Twitter poll that the show posted for fans to vote on the side. It wasn't part of the official phone/web vote.
    Thanks MFW. Its horrible not being able to vote...I just send good vibes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sadly the bashing of the winners happens each and every season. For some reason some people like to spill bitterness. I was totally all in for James and Sharna but I can't imagine spreading poison over a young girl like Laurie. Certainly James and Sharna were graciousness personified when they came in second and would be horrified that some, calling themselves fans, got so vicious.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinesnap View Post
    Sadly the bashing of the winners happens each and every season. For some reason some people like to spill bitterness. I was totally all in for James and Sharna but I can't imagine spreading poison over a young girl like Laurie. Certainly James and Sharna were graciousness personified when they came in second and would be horrified that some, calling themselves fans, got so vicious.
    Bindi and Derek were treated the same, nasty posts etc..Its cowardly and stupid. But it happens every season..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinesnap View Post
    I agree, some people are just so vicious and have no respect at all, they feel the need to spread venom and criticize and throw temper tantrums when things don't happen the way they want it to, it's like this every season, there will always be haters. And yes both Sharna and James were so gracious about it all, I think a part of them knew that Laurie & Val were going to win, if you watch their faces as the winners were being called out, Sharna and James were smiling and looking at Laurie & Val and when the winners were called out Sharna nodded her head like she expected it, so I think they knew Laurie & Val were going to win anyway, they didn't seem surprised at all...I think they probably would've been a lot more surprised if their own names were called instead.
    I don't think Laurie & Val winning surprised anyone, I think virtually everyone had expected it, even many people who were rooting for the other couples knew that they were going to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I disagree, I think Val dances with a lot of panache, and for certain dances he dances with a lot of grace in his movements, and for other more aggressive styles he dances with a lot of power, his body and movements adapts seamlessly to the different styles of dances, I find Val's dancing more dynamic and powerful. And Val commands attention when he dances, whenever he dances my attention is drawn to him. But I don't feel the same way when Maks dances, Maks is a good dancer, but he just doesn't have that commanding presence to me in his dancing unlike Val does. For example, whenever the 2 brothers dance together, my eyes and attention are always drawn to Val's dancing, I don't pay attention to Maks at all, he just does not draw my attention with his dancing the way that Val's dancing does. But that's just my opinion.
    I just want to add to this statement that I also think Val is a more versatile dancer compared to Maks. I've been re-watching the finale over and over again these past few days and I didn't even notice this until now that Maks really doesn't seem all that versatile as a dancer...he's a talented Latin Ballroom dancer and great in contemporary dancing too, but last night when I was re-watching the finale and during that all-male hip hop number with all the male professional dancers along with James, Calvin and Ryan Lochte, Maks' dancing just wasn't that good compared to the other males, he lacked the swag and groove for hip hop so he just looked awkward and out of place in that routine, I thought even Calvin and James had more groove and were better and blended in more in that dance. Apparently Maks and hip hop just doesn't blend well, he just doesn't fit the style apparently, he just lacks the groove and swag. In comparison, Val has so much more swag and groove, he did great in that hip hop number and this wasn't his first time dancing hip hop either, Val has danced hip hop numerous times before on DWTS. Apart from being a more dynamic and powerful dancer, I think Val is also a much more versatile dancer than Maks, Val can dance and adapt to just about any dance style

Sorry Maks, I love you but frankly, I believe Val is the overall much better dancer & choreographer on so many levels I suppose it's not difficult to guess who my favourite Chmerkovskiy brother is The fact that Val is such a talented dancer in general and also because of his versatility as a dancer and also his talent in choreography, are just some of the reasons why Val is one of my fave dancers
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456