+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 11/22 DWTS 23 Season Finale Show *West Coast Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 11/22 DWTS 23 Season Finale Show *West Coast Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    Yay I'm so glad Laurie & Val won! Congratulations and well deserved!
    But come on, I think we all knew from day 1 that she was the frontrunner to win

But I'm very proud of James and Calvin too, for 2 guys who had no prior dance experience, they really surprised us, congrats to both of them for coming this far

Maks has always said that his body was too big and slow, and Val was the better dancer and that was one of the reasons he devoted himself to training him. People never remember that Val, and Tony for that matter, came to DWTS as reigning US Latin dance champions.

LOL that's true, Maks taught Val how to dance and Val said that 90% of his dance education came from his brother, but I have always believed that Val was the better dancer and choreographer, and I still believe that. No offense Maks, I love you but I think Val is the superior dancer and choreographer! The student has surpassed the teacher

Actually Maks has always said that his body was too big and slow, and Val was the better dancer and that was one of the reasons he devoted himself to training him. People never remember that Val, and Tony for that matter, came to DWTS as reigning US Latin dance champions.

Gotta love the Mouse! JORY'sMom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by renzii View Post
    Actually Maks has always said that his body was too big and slow, and Val was the better dancer and that was one of the reasons he devoted himself to training him. People never remember that Val, and Tony for that matter, came to DWTS as reigning US Latin dance champions.
    I can see this. Maks is huge, and I would think that hinders him in some aspects. But of course, he's still AH-mazing.
    Jezebella and renzii like this.

Quote Originally Posted by renzii View Post
    That's true too, different body sizes move at different speeds and rates and since Maks is taller and bigger, his body moves more slowly and there are certain moves that he cannot do due to his bigger size. In comparison, Val is shorter and has a smaller stature, so his body is able to move at faster speeds, agility and torque, there are some very impressive fast moves and steps that Val can do and he has shown some of those moves & steps in some of his previous dances, especially in some of his Argentine Tango routines, but Maks would not be able to do those types of moves & techniques and steps.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Fogey

I don't recall the young girl being identified either....does anybody know who the Macy's dance young girl was?

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Who was the girl? Did they say?
    Emma York.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

SYTYCD Kids - She was the tapper mentored by Gaby. Wow, she has grown, I didn't recognize her - had to look her up.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-23-2016 at 05:28 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ok I just re-watched the 2nd part of the finale, this time I watched it thoroughly from beginning to the end, since I watched the finale the first time via satellite TV and because of the time zone difference, I was only able to watch the last 20 minutes or so of the finale. But I just streamed the entire finale online a moment ago and I really thoroughly enjoyed the whole finale show, I liked all the performances and all the backstage footages they showed during the finale were really enjoyable and fun to watch. One moment in particular that really caught my attention was during a backstage package they showed from part 1 of the finale from the previous night, they showed a moment between Laurie & Val after they performed their freestyle routine, Val was seen tickling Laurie's foot playfully, that moment melted my heart, they are just so cute together! It's cute and sweet and heartwarming moments like these that remind me why I love Laurie & Val's partnership so much this season they just have such great chemistry together and they care about each other so much, Val has really been like the protective big brother figure to Laurie these past 3 months, but sometimes they also act so playful & cute together like a pair of 12 year olds, it's very sweet and cute and heartwarming to watch, Laurie & Val make such an adorable brother & sister duo but if Laurie were older, I would definitely ship them together as a real couple!
    As much as I like the other partnerships in the finals, but they just do not seem that memorable or as close as the partnership and friendship between Laurie & Val, at least that's how I see it. For me personally, Laurie & Val's partnership this season has been by far the most memorable, heartwarming and special, I'm so glad they won!
    Last edited by LindaL100; 11-23-2016 at 07:01 PM.
    annemik likes this.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    SYTYCD Kids - She was the tapper mentored by Gaby. Wow, she has grown, I didn't recognize her - had to look her up.
    She's been on before, they said she was with Derek and Julianne...
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I have to say, this season has been really great I thoroughly enjoyed it and I couldn't be more happier with the 4 finalists this season, I liked all of them, but I'm sure everyone here knows by now that my favorite couple is still Laurie & Val I really hoped they would win and I'm so glad they did...but honestly, I wouldn't be disappointed either if James had won instead, the final 4 were all deserving

I have been watching the US version of DWTS since S17 (although I missed last season) and I have to say, this season has been one of my favorite seasons I've ever watched for the US version, I skipped last season and came back for S23 and I'm glad I did, what a fantastic season this was

Btw I found this voting results tally for the final 3 posted on Twitter and decided to share it here in case anyone here is interested
    So according to the total votes counted for the winner, a whopping 52% of all the votes were for Laurie, while James had 36% of the votes, and Calvin had 12%.

I don't know just how accurate these numbers are, it's just something I found on twitter.

credits:
    https://twitter.com/jkbeck20/status/80129023125326
    I think these numbers are inaccurate. Carrie Ann said the next morning the vote was the closest in DWTS history. And I have heard that confirmed elsewhere since. So now, I speculate what would have been if Canadians could vote. May have been a different story.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinesnap View Post
    I think these numbers are inaccurate. Carrie Ann said the next morning the vote was the closest in DWTS history. And I have heard that confirmed elsewhere since. So now, I speculate what would have been if Canadians could vote. May have been a different story.
    I would have voted James, many times over..
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast