+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 11/14 DWTS 23 Performance/Results Show *West Coast Spoilers*

Re: 11/14 DWTS 23 Performance/Results Show *West Coast Spoilers*

Late to the party here:
    I'm guessing (and hoping) Laurie and Val for the mirror ball.
    Runners-up: Hinch and Sharna
    2nd runners-up: Calvin and kooky blonde girl
    3rd runners-up: Jenna and Gleb
    MountainBreeze and LindaL100 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I don't know -- I don't think he puts a damper on the show as much as he keeps it grounded in reality. Carrie-Ann and Bruno are practically incoherent, and Julianne tries to be a coach instead of a judge -- somebody up there has to speak with authority or the whole thing seems pointless. I liked the old days when the judges were taken more seriously, and the audience wasn't prompted to "boo" the slightest negative criticism. It's all gotten too silly.
    Len has been off the show more than on it this year and everything has gone beautifully. The show is not "reality". It is a silly dance show that we enjoy because it is not serious. It does not need a face or voice of authority.

Then why even have judges at all?

The stars take it seriously enough to put in hours of rehearsal, and to sincerely try to improve from week to week. The pros take it serious as a heart attack, they want their partners to succeed. It's a lighthearted show, not a silly one. But it's getting sillier with the automatic boos and also with how packed each show is now that there isn't a Tuesday results show anymore. It's getting sillier because they are cutting costs as the show ages.
    Ellen, MReid and LindaL100 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I would really love to see James and Sharna win. But I know it will be Laurie and Val
    judkay likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    Late to the party here:
    I'm guessing (and hoping) Laurie and Val for the mirror ball.
    Runners-up: Hinch and Sharna
    2nd runners-up: Calvin and kooky blonde girl
    3rd runners-up: Jenna and Gleb
    I'm hoping for Laurie and Val to win too! Although most people are predicting that she would win, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that they will actually win, so that's why I'm still hoping and having my fingers and toes crossed that they would win I wish I could vote for them but since I don't live in America I can't vote sadly

As I mentioned before I do like the other couples too, but Laurie & Val are still my favorite couple afterall I do hope James & Sharna will finish in 2nd place (which I think they most likely will), I think it will really come down to either Laurie or James for the Mirrorball trophy.
    I do like Calvin just slightly more than Jana, so I hope he ends up in 3rd place, and then Jana in 4th.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

FORT Fogey

H0t news---Gleb has the flu and Alan is on stand by.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    H0t news---Gleb has the flu and Alan is on stand by.
    Alan is good. I like him..but he doesn't have the chemistry Jana had with Gleb I can't see her winning anyway.imho,
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

All in for James and Sharna. He is what this show should be about (and sometimes is). I am sensing a bit of a momentum switch from L to James. I belong to several DWTS Facebook groups and the majority now favour James. Also the promo that DWTS put up this morning on their FB page finds the comments running quite heavily in James favour. Could be some surprised people tomorrow. I have also seen a couple of polls that put James in front.
    In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinesnap View Post
    All in for James and Sharna. He is what this show should be about (and sometimes is). I am sensing a bit of a momentum switch from L to James. I belong to several DWTS Facebook groups and the majority now favour James. Also the promo that DWTS put up this morning on their FB page finds the comments running quite heavily in James favour. Could be some surprised people tomorrow. I have also seen a couple of polls that put James in front.
    I saw a similar case in S20 when it seemed like the momentum was starting to shift from Rumer to Riker and Riker was getting a lot of support...but in the end Rumer won anyway.

I think Laurie still stands the best chance of winning because there's still ALOT of support for Laurie and Val, all of Laurie & Val's videos on youtube tend to get by far the most views, all the posts about them on twitter, facebook and Instagram also tend to get the most hits and likes, and many people are still rooting for them. What I have noticed is that while many people are supporting James & Sharna too, but a lot of the same people are still predicting that Laurie & Val would win. I have seen many people say that while they support James & Sharna, but they still think Laurie and Val would win. So there's also many people who although WANT James & Sharna to win, but a lot of the same people also still think that Laurie & Val WOULD win.

So this is a very tight competition between Laurie and James, I think there is no doubt at this point that they are by far the 2 frontrunners for the Mirrorball, we all know it's going to come down to either Laurie or James to win. This really reminds me of the tight competition in S20 between Rumer and Riker, and also to some extent S18 with Meryl and Amy...although one can argue that it was very clear from the start that Meryl & Maks were going to win, despite the huge fanbase Amy & Derek had. Whereas it was less clear who was going to win between Rumer and Riker.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinesnap View Post
    I agree 100%..

James has won for me, he doesn't need a MBT. He made this season..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011