Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Doug Flutie & Karina Smirnoff - Season 22

Doug Flutie & Karina Smirnoff - Season 22

Doug Flutie
    Season 22

Paired with Karina Smirnoff

Follow Doug on Twitter
    Follow Karina on Twitter

Doug Flutie's name has been synonymous with excellence in both college and professional football, as he has received many honors, including All American at Boston College, 1984 College Football Player of the Year, the 1984 Heisman Trophy Winner, 1991-1994/1996/1997 Grey Cup Most Valuable Player. Known for the famous "Hail Mary" pass against University of Miami to win the Orange Bowl in college, Doug went on to play in the USFL and then the Chicago Bears and New England Patriots through the late 80's. He then played in the Canadian Football League for eight years, followed by the National Football League's Buffalo Bills in 1998 where he was selected to the NFL Pro Bowl. At the age of 38, Doug signed a contract with the San Diego Chargers to become their starting quarterback. After four seasons, Doug was offered the opportunity to finish his career with his hometown team, the New England Patriots. Currently Doug Flutie serves as lead analyst for NBC Sports Group's coverage of Notre Dame Football. He also serves as an analyst for NBC Sports Group's NFL shoulder programming, which includes Pro Football Talk on NBCSN.

Doug has a charismatic personality whose approachable and personable style has translated his success on the football field into success off the field. Doug is the drummer of the Flutie Brothers Band. He has also written an autobiography, entitled Flutie, recounting his life both on and off the field. Married to his high school sweetheart, Laurie Flutie, and the father of two children, Doug and his wife established, the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism in 1998, in the name of their son Dougie, Jr., to help less-fortunate families who have children with autism. He also created a cereal, Flutie Flakes, with the benefits going towards this organization. The Flutie Foundation has raised over $12 million dollars for autism causes.

Karina Smirnoff

Originally from Ukraine, Karina made her way to the US with her family at the age of 12. At the age of nine, Karina was introduced to ballroom dancing and fell in love with it. After graduating from Fordham University with a double degree, she put her academic studies on hold to pursue her ballroom dancing career in the United Kingdom.

American audiences first fell in love with Karina during season three of Dancing with the Stars, when she swung into a second place finish with partner Mario Lopez. The next season she finished fifth with Billy Ray Cyrus. The two would team up again when Karina guest starred on “Hannah Montana.” Karina also teamed up with her former DWTS partner Ralph Macchio in her first leading role in a short film, Across Grace Alley. Karina also starred in two Broadway shows, Burn the Floor and Forever Tango. In Season 13, she went all the way, winning the Mirrorball trophy with J.R. Martinez as her partner.

Dancing with the Stars - Meet the Cast | ABC.com

Re: Doug Flutie & Karina Smirnoff - Season 22

This is the one football player on this season that I'm actually not familar with, but I love Karina and hope they do well based on his bio he seems like he will be fun to watch and a big thumbs up to the autism foundation him and his wife started he has 42.9 K followers on twitter.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: The FoRT's Big Kid

FORT Fogey

I was never much of a fan of Doug Flutie in his playing days - but that was likely because when he Bears brought him in, it was viewed as a move to push out my beloved Jim McMahon. Perhaps his dancing can tear down my 30 year grudge!
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

He was a good QB when he played here. I really liked him, and his brother..can he dance? no idea
    Mike'sgirl and MReid like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't think he will "wow" us with his dance moves, judging from the little bit I saw on GMA. He seemed stiff and a bit awkward. Still, I think his fans will help him out.
    The First to Apologize is the Bravest. The First to Forgive is the Strongest. The First to Forget is the Happiest.

Also, he's only 5' 9". Shorter limbs usually means less graceful extensions, especially if they are thick with muscles.

Karina is only 5' 4" but that's without heels.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I'm watching this show only because Doug Flutie is on. Just an awesome quarterback, a very cool person and the ultimate underdog. In addition to his collegiate athletic achievement, Flutie maintained a distinguished academic record at Boston College. He was a candidate for a Rhodes Scholarship, for which he was named a finalist in 1984.
    John Madden once said, "Inch for inch, Flutie in his prime was the best QB of his generation." And completely unappreciated by the NFL.
    His parents dying on the same day within an hour of each other last November was both sad and a testament to their love.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 03-20-2016 at 03:20 AM.
    “To forget the dead would be akin to killing them a second time.”= Elie Wiesel
    I won't forget you Scott, or what happened to you. I promise.

I found him quite attractive. I hope he gets more comfortable with the dancing. I think he's quite personable.
    redsox girl likes this.

That was a bit painful. Great quarterback, but sadly dancing is not is genre.

Doug?

Cutie?

Yes.

Dancer?

No.
    GolfGrrl likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast