+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 61 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

Re: Jake Pavelka & Chelsie Hightower - Season 10

The 'credible' amount of tme expired when they sent Aiden home last week over her. Certainly if anyone but her leaves this coming week, this show will show just how far it will go to rig in order to keep her. she hasn't practiced much at all this week, whereas everyone else has and we're supposed to believe she can pull of a FT with dignity, get 5s from the judges and have her fans pull her through.

What will be most interesting, is watching how the judges score everyone else, when they know they'll be giving kate 5s, and we could possibily see a 6 from CA or Bruno.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3879507;
    Anyway, do you have proof about the rigging? I read somewhere that Kate was chosen purely for the ratings and that everyone (incl. Kate, the other contestants, judges, and professional dancers) know it - and appreciate it. In other words, they all get more exposure as a result of higher ratings. If Kate is what it takes, then go for it.
    Nope, no proof just an opinion based on what I've observed. She is the worst dancer this season (or any season that I've seen, Billy Ray Cyrus included) yet she is given scores that are close enough to those who actually dance, so that the show can say that "her fans" pulled her through. I have finally seen some fans, but they are few and far between. To make this show more credible, on the website give us updated reports on the voting, otherwise, it's a waste of phone calls/texts. Better yet, let us vote out the worst instead of spreading the votes among others.
    "Being famous does not make you a hero." Zeus in Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3879506;
    My point was in terms of careers - not in terms of the practice they put in for the show (that's irrelevant to my point). Kate and Jake aren't famous for any sort of skill or talent that they've worked at over the years.

They are reality tv average joes, yet their noses are far more upturned than those who have worked/scraped for YEARS to get where they are.

I just think it's funny that the ones who have done less (FAR less) are demanding more (FAR more in Kate's case). I think the ones who have worked/scraped to achieve their success appreciate what they have a bit more. Kate and Jake got lucky and don't quite get it.
    I agree with what you are saying. While reality stars are technically "stars" there is nothing they have accomplished to be a fan of. If I ran into Evan, Nicole, Pam, etc... I could say, " I love your skating/voice/acting, etc" but if I bumped into Jake ... ummm "I am a fan of your personality?" huh ?? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    I was alone in a store with Kate (besides the worker) and no, I did not say a single word to her. I think I might have just given her a polite smile when she watched me walk through the door. Anybody else I would have been reaching for my cell phone to snap a photo.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3879563;
    Nope, no proof just an opinion based on what I've observed. She is the worst dancer this season (or any season that I've seen, Billy Ray Cyrus included) yet she is given scores that are close enough to those who actually dance, so that the show can say that "her fans" pulled her through. I have finally seen some fans, but they are few and far between. To make this show more credible, on the website give us updated reports on the voting, otherwise, it's a waste of phone calls/texts. Better yet, let us vote out the worst instead of spreading the votes among others.
    I think her fans are a small group, but they vote only for her. I know I've been spreading my votes around. As people leave, voting will be more concentrated and that will squeeze her out.

I am starting a Free Chelsie chant!
    "Treat others the way you want to be treated."

Jake’s not terrible, but I didn’t really enjoy his dance, granted, I do chalk it up to not liking him from the 2 seasons of the Bachelor/ette he appeared on, but there were weeks I did enjoy watching him dance and it made me smile – I did not smile last night.

Appearing on stage without pants and trying to do the Tom Cruise Risky Business move is fine for a 19 yo, but not for a 32 yo. It took me half the dance to get that image out of my head and focus on the dance. Vienna looked very nice.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

dancingfan

Jake was only doing what Chelsie choreographed for him. The no pants move did not bother me because it fit the song. Now if he had danced the whole song like that, I might have felt differently.

We see the women half dressed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3877505;
    jakepavelka1

Does anyone have any questions about DWTS??? Feel free to call me for the next 10mins on (I left his number out he posted)
    Is this for real? I refuse to look up jakepavelka1, because I don't want to encourage him by making him think I am interested in anything he is peddling.

Quote Originally Posted by dancingfan;3881125;
    Jake was only doing what Chelsie choreographed for him. The no pants move did not bother me because it fit the song. Now if he had danced the whole song like that, I might have felt differently.

We see the women half dressed all the time.
    I realize that - i saw the movie - and I think i was clear in my post that i really don't like Jake so seeing him doing Tom Cruise was offensive to my sensibilities. And Jake - people are lying to you, you do not look like Tom Cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3877882;
    The best thing I can say about watching Jake this week is that I was thrilled NOT to see a closeup of Vienna with her big wet smile and googly love eyes. I think they quickly panned the section of audience where she was sitting, but from a distance. Thank you for small favors, ABC! Maybe they've already broken up ... haven't heard him spewing recently about what an honor it was to propose to her.
    I am with you on this one. THANKS ABC. I don't watch EXTRA anymore for just that very reason. I heard that Vienna was getting some face time on that show, so I no longer watch EXTRA.

+ Reply to Thread