+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 115 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

FORT Fan

Re: Gilles Marini & Cheryl Burke - Season 8

Gilles and Cheryl did great. She always gets a good partner!

Veruka

Gilles is proving himself to be a pretty good dancer. I hope that his dancing earns him a week sooner rather than later that will have an introduction that does not make reference to his nude Sex and the City scene. Not that he didn't look good in that scene, but I would think that after a while, it would get tiring to be known as nothing BUT that guy.

Well, it is what makes him a star, just like the bach reference for Melissa again this week.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3384893;
    Well, it is what makes him a star, just like the bach reference for Melissa again this week.
    Yes, but every time someone makes a reference to his body/sexiness, he looks a little uncomfortable and pooh-poohs it. I like that about him.

And, of course, he and Cheryl were fabulous last night again.

FORT Fogey

Good partnership and very entertaining. She's an excellent teacher and adds the right amount of naughty into the routines which the judges like. She's also adept at covering any little misstep which is the sign of a great performer.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I absolutely love these two! And I sure as heck didn't expect to pre-show, since I'd never heard of the guy. I still wonder how Cheryl lucks out every season, but she's looked the happiest I've seen her in awhile. I did think their quick step didn't really deserve 9's, but since the judges had to go and give Shawn 8's for her salsa I guess they didn't have a choice. That scoring was weird last night.

Gilles also got my friend hooked. She planned on watching for Jewel but didn't have any interest once she dropped out. Her Tivo recorded the premiere, she watched for the heck of it, and fell in love with Gilles.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;3384858;
    Gilles is proving himself to be a pretty good dancer. I hope that his dancing earns him a week sooner rather than later that will have an introduction that does not make reference to his nude Sex and the City scene. Not that he didn't look good in that scene, but I would think that after a while, it would get tiring to be known as nothing BUT that guy.
    Or perhaps the Bachelor rejectee, also gets tiring and only claim to fame outside of DCC which is allegedly not a Realty Show.

Good Luck Gilles and Cheryl, you were fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3385207;
    Or perhaps the Bachelor rejectee, also gets tiring and only claim to fame outside of DCC which is allegedly not a Realty Show.

Good Luck Gilles and Cheryl, you were fantastic.
    IMO I think Gilles is really good and probably is only uncompfortable being known as the naked guy because kids watch this show. As far as The Reality TV star goes, she isn't the only reality TV star in this or past seasons.

DCC is a Dance Team and the SHOW that covers the tryouts is more of a documentary than a reality show. So, her claim to fame, as well as Holly, Kim K etc., is in fact Reality TV. I think she knows that her so called "Reality TV star" status is why she was asked, so it is going to be mention each week. I think his "movie actor" status is why he was asked and I think they will keep saying something about the "nude scene". They both will have to get use to it, just like Holly will have to get use to being a PB Bunny and Hef's ex. But, I think it is their dancing ability (Gilles and Melissa, Holly not so much) that has made them popular because not everyone has seen the movie Sex in the City and not everyone watched the Reality TV show. JMO
    Happiness isn't just an emotion, it is a state of mind.

Gilles is GREAT! He can move that sexy hips!!! lol. Though, I never liked Cheryl... lol

I was mesmerized ever since the first time I saw him dance in the show. and yeah, I did not know him before this, but I think with those great dancing, he'll be alright.

ITA. I love his dancing, and Cheryl's no doubt a good dancer, but I've never liked her either. Did anyone else notice how she talked to him in practice? Like she's ordering around some 2-bit lackey. :nono This is just me, but I think she needs to get over herself a little bit and realize this is a partnership here.

+ Reply to Thread