• 2 Post By Bloomers

Thread: Carlos PenaVega & Whitney Carson - Season 21

Carlos PenaVega & Whitney Carson - Season 21

Carlos PenaVega
    Season 21

Paired with Witney Carson

Follow Carlos on Twitter
    Follow Witney on Twitter

Carlos PenaVega shot to fame and cult status after starring on the highly successful Nickelodeon musical comedy Big Time Rush as Carlos Garcia, which also took to the road and toured with the ensemble cast around the globe. Recently, Carlos starred as "Oscar Vasquez" in Lions Gate Films/Pantelion Films feature, Spare Parts alongside George Lopez, and Marisa Tomei and it has recently been announced that Carlos will next be seen starring in the highly anticipated live for TV remake of the American-Classic Musical Grease in Grease: Live as "Kenickie" opposite Julianne Hough and Vanessa Hudgens.

Last year, Carlos also starred in 2014's Nickelodeon's Ryan Seacrest-backed competition series Webheads. On the film front, Carlos recently starred alongside Kate Bosworth, Juno Temple, Kay Panabaker and Kyle Gallner in the indie drama Little Birds.

Having studied musical theater at the Boston Conservatory, Carlos recently released his first solo single in Spanish, Electrico, which charted in the Top 10 on the Latin iTunes songs charts.

Witney Carson

Reigning Mirrorball Champion with celebrity partner, Alfonso Ribeiro, Witney was born and raised in a small town called American Fork, Utah. She started her dancing career at the age of three. Being trained in many different dance styles including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Tap, Latin and Standard Ballroom, she has competed and performed all over the world.

At the age of 18, Witney made top six (top three girls) on So You Think You Can Dance season nine. She then joined ABC’s Dancing with the Stars Pro Troupe Team, where she performed and choreographed every week for two seasons. In 2014, Witney was promoted to a Pro dancer and was paired with partner Cody Simpson.

Dancing with the Stars - Meet the Cast | ABC.com
    Sticker likes this.

Re: Carlos PenaVega & Whitney Carson - Season 21

Wow. Like her friend Lindsay who married her high school sweetheart, Witney is now engaged to her high school sweetheart. CONGRATULATIONS!
    mesachick and Sticker like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Wow. Like her friend Lindsay who married her high school sweetheart, Witney is now engaged to her high school sweetheart. CONGRATULATIONS!
    I hope it works out well for both of them. She is so gorgeous and seems to be a nice person.

She seemed so proud of her ring. I hope she didn't feel pressured into getting married. Sometimes I wonder if stars like her feel too much pressure to get married as they see others around them all married, getting pregnant, and raising families.

I hope it works out well for both of them and hope it is the right decision for the right reasons.

If there is any advice I could give these young people it would be to be patient and you will know when the right person enters your life. Be patient and don't let the pressures of your age or your friends getting married don't let that make you rush into anything.

I worry a little bit for her that she may have felt rushed to marry someone. I may be way off base and hope I am wrong. The reason I worry is she was at that age where I am sure she felt life was passing her by as she has seen so many other couples already married and 1 person is even pregnant on this years show. I worry that she felt left out and just worried that she may have let pressures of being single affect her.

Hope I am totally wrong and hope they are very happy successful couple.

Just wanted to add some things of why I am worried. She is surrounded with couples and I think the pressure may make her falsely feel that life is passing her by. This season alone we have:

-Lindsay married her high school sweetheart just this year
    -Allison on the show is pregnant
    -Bindi even has a boyfriend
    -Julianne is newly engaged

She has seen so many couples already in solid relationships that I am a little concerned she may be feeling left out. I hope I am totally off base and hope they have a great long term relationship.

It is not unusual after four years of dating to become engaged. Perhaps the Lindsay wedding spurred it on (Witney was a bridesmaid) but, perhaps it was the right time for her.
    Sticker likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

It is not unusual after four years of dating to become engaged. Perhaps the Lindsay wedding spurred it on (Witney was a bridesmaid) but, perhaps it was the right time for her.
    I hope she will be happy, she certainly looks very happy in her photos with him
    ilja and Sticker like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

That is a long time of dating so that is a good sign it should last for them.

I hope so, but at the same time, I do understand what Sticker is saying as well. She is making logical points. I, too, think it may be hard sometimes for young women, especially in the Deep South (not where Whitney is from), to see all their friends settle, marry, and start families, and they are not there yet.
    It is not at all uncommon in the Deep South for young ladies to come straight out of college and marry. Some marry while they are still in college.

I believe Whitney is from Utah if I am not mistaken. Without getting into anything else, I will say that the concept of family is very important - stressed more than in other places - throughout that state.
    That may or may not have an influence on Whitney.

I am sure she loves this young man she has dated for a long time, and I wish the best for her. I do hope they take their time on an engagement and go to good pre-marital counseling. I wish that for every engaged couple, no matter how long they have dated. Dating and being married are just not the same thing.
    Counseling brings out some hard stuff that really needs to be faced and discussed way ahead of time.
    Sticker and MReid like this.
    The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything they have.

~ Author unknown

A peek at Whitney's wedding veil.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_IJ10jp5Sx/

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

A peek at Whitney's wedding veil.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_IJ10jp5Sx/
    That's beautiful...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread