Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Nastia Liukin & Derek Hough - Season 20

Nastia Liukin & Derek Hough - Season 20

Nastia Liukin
    Season 20

Paired with Derek Hough

Follow Nastia on Twitter
    Follow Derek on Twitter

Grace and beauty in the sport of gymnastics led Nastia Liukin to her crowning achievement as Olympic All-Around Gold Medalist at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, but winning five medals was only the beginning for this golden girl. After returning home, she graced the pages of countless magazines and appeared on various TV shows, while even being chosen as one of 2009’s most influential people. Liukin’s commitment to helping young girls with big dreams landed her a clothing line, SuperGirl by Nastia along with her very own gymnastics competition, The Nastia Liukin Cup. Nastia was a member of the creative team and a cast member for the Kellogg’s Tour of Olympic Champions, a national, 40-city tour that followed the 2012 Olympic Games. She remains active in the Olympic world as the Athlete Ambassador for the USOC's Road to Rio tour, along with work as a the female television commentator at USA Gymnastics Nationals, Olympic Trials and the Olympic Games in Rio 2016 for NBC. Liukin is currently a junior and full-time student at New York University, majoring in Sports Management.

Derek Hough

Derek Hough, the only five-time champion in franchise history of the hit ABC show Dancing with the Stars, started dancing in his hometown of Salt Lake City, UT, at age 11. Just one year later, he moved to London to live and train with the top dance coaches in the world and attend performing arts school where he studied theatre, music and dance.

A multi-talented entertainer and Emmy® Award-winning choreographer, Hough’s professional ballroom accolades include, World Under 21 Latin American Champion, Two-time Open British Champion (Blackpool), Two-time International 'Open to the World Champion' and Two-time US Open Champion. Hough performed in London's West End where he starred as the male lead in the critically acclaimed stage version of “Footloose,” was one of the featured dancers on the Dancing with the Stars Tour and a choreographer on the BBC (UK) hit show, Dance X.

Hough is best known for his innovation and daring choreography on the show. His work has brought him Emmy® nominations and inquiries from the film and music world regarding his dance knowledge and ability. Hough just wrote his first book Taking the Lead: Lessons From A Life In Motion. Last season he was partnered with Bethany Mota.

Dancing with the Stars Contestants, Pro Dancers, & host Season 20 - ABC.com

Re: Nastia Liukin & Derek Hough - Season 20

Okay, I really did not like her in the olympics. She has serious resting bitchface. I know that isn't really a good enough reason to dislike her but there it is.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Barring unforeseeable catastrophe, looks like Derek just might wind up being the owner of a sixth MBT.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Barring unforeseeable catastrophe, looks like Derek just might wind up being the owner of a sixth MBT.
    I don't know her, I suspect they will be good, but MBT, hmm don't know yet..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    You never know...Derek may drop from exhaustion with all the cross-country commuting all season, or at least his creative juices may get blocked and he'll block some too-simple dances along the way...
    ness and zookeepertx like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I loved her.. I am thrilled to see her on this season!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    You never know...Derek may drop from exhaustion with all the cross-country commuting all season, or at least his creative juices may get blocked and he'll block some too-simple dances along the way...
    This is very true.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I'm not a Nastia fan. She's just always struck me as a mean girl. Remember her claiming to be Evan Lysacek's girlfriend? And how he quickly denied it? I always thought that seemed kind of stalkerish.
    dagwood and ness like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm a fan of the Magnificent Seven and have wanted one of them on DWTS for a while. So Nastia being on as the gymnast is "meh" for me.

Derek is the best!!! Fanny Mare's Avatar

I am just happy Derek is dancing , I am just not sure ( as MFW mentioned) that all the travel will pan out
    Photobabe likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast