• 2 Post By Fanny Mare

Thread: Redfoo & Emma Slater - Season 20

Redfoo & Emma Slater - Season 20

RedFoo
    Season 20

Paired with Emma Slater

Follow RedFoo on Twitter
    Follow Emma on Twitter

The man beneath the famous fro is more than just a charismatic character on the airwaves, RedFoo is a formidable entertainment force; performer, producer, actor, host, judge, innovator and fashionista. Bursting onto the world stage as one half of LMFAO, and scoring a swag of #1’s in more than 30 countries, his sound reflected a new movement in music, catapulting him into high demand amongst his musical alumni, collaborating with the likes of Kanye West, Pitbull, Will.i.am, fellow DJ’s David Guetta and Steve Aoki and performing along side Madonna in the 2012 Super Bowl half time show. His fresh, fun and fluro flavour has earned him countless nominations, honors and accolades from both his peers and party rockin’ fans including the American Music Awards, MTV EMA’s, MTV VMA’s, Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards and 2 of France’s most prestigious NRJ Awards. 30 million single sales later, 1.7 billion views on YouTube and RedFoo is just getting the party started. After a stint on the Australian X Factor judging panel, he is back in the U.S and ready to unleash his new smash hit, Juicy Wiggle. RedFoo is the first ever DWTS guest judge to appear as a contestant on the show.

Emma Slater

Emma started dancing at the age of five when she joined a local stage school in her hometown of Tamworth, England. In 2005, at age 16, Emma joined the cast of Simply Ballroom, touring the UK (Including London’s West End) United Arab Emirates and South Africa, where she also appeared on Strictly Come Dancing. Emma won both the UK & British Youth Latin American Championships with her then partner, she then went onto perform in four other West End Theatre shows including Dirty Dancing.

In 2007, Emma played one of Sophie’s (Amanda Seyfried) friends in the film Mamma Mia and also sang on the Grammy nominated soundtrack for the movie. She went on to join Tony® nominated Burn The Floor for the shows debut on Broadway and continued on for the 2010 world tour.

In early 2012 Emma joined Dancing with the Stars as a Troupe dancer and choreographer and later went on to become a Pro dancer taking her partner, Bill Engvall, to the finals. Last season, Emma was partnered with Michael Waltrip.

Dancing with the Stars Contestants, Pro Dancers, & host Season 20 - ABC.com
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-30-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Re: RedFoo & Emma Slater - Season 20

I feel like Redfoo is going to surprise us and actually be pretty good!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I HOPE he's good at adapting to ballroom.

He sure as hell can dance hip hop!
    MReid likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I think Redfoo will do well at the fast pace dances like the Jive Quickstep and maybe the salsa but not sure how he will do with the softer dances like the Waltz or Contemporary I'm really anxious to see how he does
    ness likes this.
    “Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.”- Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by MReid View Post
    I think Redfoo will do well at the fast pace dances like the Jive Quickstep and maybe the salsa but not sure how he will do with the softer dances like the Waltz or Contemporary I'm really anxious to see how he does
    I want to really see how he'll do overall, too.

And my concerns for him are the same as yours, with the softer, more structured ballroom dances.

Then again, based on what I've seen the man IS musical, so, I think it just be a matter of redirecting what he CAN do into another genre of dance.
    MReid likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I want to really see how he'll do overall, too.

And my concerns for him are the same as yours, with the softer, more structured ballroom dances.

Then again, based on what I've seen the man IS musical, so, I think it just be a matter of redirecting what he CAN do into another genre of dance.
    And I want to see, seeing as its Emma and RedFoo, what the Sam heck they will be wearing
    ness and MReid like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh Lordy, Fanny Mare, I didn't think of that. They should be entertaining for that reason alone.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread