Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Riker Lynch & Allison Holker - Season 20

Riker Lynch & Allison Holker - Season 20

Riker Lynch
    Season 20

Paired with Allison Holker

Follow Riker on Twitter
    Follow Allison on Twitter

Riker Lynch is an actor / musician / songwriter originally from Littleton, CO. He has been singing and performing since the age of 3 and was originally cast in Hollywood as Jeff Sterling, one of the members of the Warblers, the acappella group featured in Glee. He appeared in seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Glee, and also appeared as a Warbler in the 2011 edition of the Glee Live! In Concert tour. Riker is currently a singer and bassist in the Hollywood Records recording act R5, along with his siblings Rydel, Rocky and Ross Lynch (who plays Austin on Disney's Austin & Ally) and best friend Ellington Ratliff. R5 has toured extensively throughout the world, playing over 150 shows in the last two years to sold out audiences, rapidly emerging as an exciting new voice in the world of pop rock.

Allison Holker

Allison Holker is an Emmy® nominated dancer and choreographer. Holker was nominated with Derek Hough for a 2013 Outstanding Choreography Emmy® award for their work on Dancing with the Stars. She was also a featured dancer in two of the other nominated pieces that year. Along with her fellow Emmy®-nominated choreographers, Holker prepared a piece that was performed to rave reviews at this year’s Primetime Emmy® Awards with Neil Patrick Harris.

Holker began her dance training at the age of nine when she enrolled as a student at The Dance Club in Orem, UT. While there, she specialized in Contemporary, Ballet, Jazz and Tap, and performed in the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2002 Winter Olympics. She has won numerous dance titles including her first National competition in Co DANCE in 2004 and as the National Senior Outstanding Dancer at the New York City Dance Alliance in 2005.

Holker first burst onto the scene when she competed in season two of So You Think You Can Dance. Her skill & popularity led to an invitation to return as an All-Star in season seven, where she met fellow dancer Stephen “tWitch” Boss. They were married in December 2013.

When not filming or traveling around the country teaching dance, she is working on her new dancewear line, Creative Kin. Holker makes her home in Los Angeles with her five-year-old daughter and husband. They most recently collaborated as choreographers for Ellen DeGeneres’ Oscars® promo directed by Bridesmaids’ Paul Feig, featuring 250 dancers. Last season, Allison was partnered with Jonathan Bennett.

Dancing with the Stars Contestants, Pro Dancers, & host Season 20 - ABC.com
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 03-05-2015 at 03:13 PM.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Re: Riker Lynch & Allison Holker - Season 20

I love this kid, I am excited to see what he will do next week, In his first week rehearsing it was super funny, when he corrected Allison( about steps she forgot ) they laughed it off. But I am hoping he is in for the long haul . Allison isn't like Witney, so it would be great if she could keep getting better with Riker
    FireWoman and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I am not a fan. he lied about his dance experience. This is the first time anyone competing as a contestant who has training in Latin ballroom, he competed in Damcesport in 2006. With his sister and got to the quarterfinals His jokingly correcting Allison wasn't a joke. He probably knows more about dance specifics than she does. DancesportInfo.net
    Last edited by FishDancing; 03-30-2015 at 03:38 AM.

Interesting -- this goes above and beyond the usual "hiding some dance training" in my opinion.
    Florimel likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Hmmmm.

Doesn't make him look too good at ALL.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I still like him...
    -Andy Rooney-

Did he say he had no experience?
    FORT's Breath of Fresh Air ~ DWTS 20 Pool Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    Did he say he had no experience?
    Not that I heard...
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Ultimately, the producers are looking to cast people that will put on a good TV show. That's a higher priority than making it a pristine "amateurs only" dance competition, which is why we've seen contestants who have experience in dance through their sports, their jobs as musicians or TV stars, dance classes as children, etc. Now if they were to announce that movie star Julianne Hough or TV star Maksim Chimerokovsky (sp) were going to be coming on as a star, I could understand the outrage. Beyond that, they're not investigating a persons' personal history to ensure they've never ever danced. If they did, the show would be pretty bad. Could you imagine a season with 12 Michael Waltrip type dancers?
    ilja and Fanny Mare like this.

[QUOTE=Fanny Mare;4918240]Not that I heard...[/QUOTE

Not that I HEARD, either.

However, I WILL say that I do remember an interview with Riker and Allison wherein the interviewer (I think it was some guy with E!) brought up the cousin connection with the Houghs. As is SOP by now, Riker said they did know each other and saw each other occasionally. The interviewer then asked if he'd ever danced with Julianne, and Riker answered, "One time." In the usual blow-it-off, it-was-no-big-deal way.

Which, that may very well be true. And frankly, my attitude about that alleged, so-called "one-time" dance with Julianne is: "Big fat hairy whoop!"

But to also have info out there that he competed in ballroom competitions with his sister back in 2006. as well?

And this is info that just somehow SEEMS to NOT get mentioned at all, glossed over, ignored, or slips through the cracks in DWTS interviews?

Please.

So, Riker came on this show KNOWING UP FRONT that the Houghs are his cousins. Yeah, yeah, downplay that connection by saying you barely know/see each other, yada, yada, yada.

And, to all appearances, Riker ALSO comes on this show KNOWING UP FRONT that he actually competed in ballroom dance competitions with HIS sister back in 2006.

Funny, I don't remember hearing/seeing anything being said about that by him. Even to the extent of trying to brush it under the carpet or out of the way because "that's not important".

Frankly, it just smells like a week-old fish in the noonday sun, to me.

I mean, so you BALLROOM DANCED WITH YOUR SISTER back in 2006? After all the DWTS ringer and showmance dust-ups, what's one more controversy on this show?

But why didn't Riker just name it, claim it, and let the chips fall where they may?

Just sayin'.
    Florimel likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast