Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Willow Shields & Mark Ballas - Season 20

Willow Shields & Mark Ballas - Season 20

Willow Shields
    Season 20

Paired with Mark Ballas

Follow Willow on Twitter
    Follow Mark on Twitter

Willow Shields is most notably recognized for her role as Primrose Everdeen in the The Hunger Games franchise. The New Mexico native began acting at the age of seven when she followed her brother to an audition and booked a role in USA Network’s In Plain Sight. She was in the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie Beyond the Blackboard, as well as R.L. Stine’s The Haunting Hour. However, it was her break-out role as Prim, the sensitive but strong younger sister to Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) in the worldwide phenomenon The Hunger Games which bought her instantaneous international fame. Willow reprised her role as the caring, young healer in Catching Fire and Mockingjay Part 1. Fans around the globe now eagerly await the franchise’s climatic finale, Mockingjay Part 2, which will be released this fall. Shields has always been very passionate about fashion and, very early in her career, caught the attention of several world-famous designers, including Marc Jacobs who was adamant about dressing the young starlet for a variety of events and award shows, even coining her as his muse in Nylon Magazine. Most recently, Shields made headlines with a cutting edge, eclectic look that turned critics’ heads when she appeared at NYC Fashion Week.

Shields' shares a special connection with her young fan base and consciously tries to inspire them to be positive role models in their communities. Leading by example, she is a vocal advocate for Operation Smile, a charitable organization that provides free surgeries to repair facial deformities for children around the globe. She also serves food at various homeless shelters including the Manna Foodbank, she participates in the STOMP Out Bullying Campaign. When a tornado devastated the town of Moore, Oklahoma in May, 2013, Willow traveled to the community to help with the rebuilding efforts. When she isn’t working, Willow loves immersing herself in books and indulging in photography, exploring it as a powerful art form for self-expression.

Mark Ballas

Mark is an Emmy®-nominated choreographer, actor and musician. As part of the professional cast of Dancing with the Stars for the past 14 seasons, Mark has proven to not only be a fan favorite, but is also no stranger to the coveted Mirrorball trophy. He is a two-time champion and a seven-time finalist—winning season six with Kristi Yamaguchi and season eight with Shawn Johnson.

Born in Houston, Texas, Mark moved to London with his family as a child and joined the Italia Conti Academy of Dramatic Arts Associate School where his training in acting, singing, dancing and music began.

When not dancing, Mark focuses on his other passion—music. Mark is an accomplished guitarist specializing in Flamenco, Funk, Blues and Rock. In May 2014, Mark released his debut single “Get My Name” produced by Wizz Dumb, which Ballas co-wrote with writer Jo’zzy. “Get My Name” broke Top 40 in release week on the iTunes pop chart landing #24 and the music video debuted #1 on multiple MTV platforms. On August 3, 2014, Mark released his second single, “Miss Incredible,” again produced by Wizz Dumb and written by Ballas and Jo’zzy. The breath taking cinematic-style “Miss Incredible” video features Miss Incredibles from all walks of life and released in 2014. Mark’s first full production solo EP, Kicking Clouds, debuted last fall, 2014. Both “Get My Name” and “Miss Incredible” are available on iTunes now. Last season, Mark was partnered with Sadie Robertson.

Dancing with the Stars Contestants, Pro Dancers, & host Season 20 - ABC.com

Re: Willow Shields & Mark Ballas - Season 20

She looks a lot older, but she's only 14. Have there been other contestants that were that young? She's cute, and I like what I know of her just fine, but that is really young!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Nope, she is the youngest they have ever had on the show!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Honestly?

She might be the youngest they've ever had on the show, but I swear, in that pic, she looks like she's about in her early to mid twenties, to me.

Oh, well.

Let's see if Mark can turn THIS go-round into The Second Coming of Sadie!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I thought she performed better than her scores reflected. I know the judges have to watch the rehearsals as well as the live show, (that's probably when they come up with their witty responses)....it's not like they had no clue how the others would perform following their dance. (grumble, grumble....I just wanted her scores to be higher after seeing some of the others.)
    MReid likes this.
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

I too thought she was underscored and I love the Hunger Games sequence with Mark and Val! I think she could surprise some people if she lasts a while.
    MReid likes this.

Personally, I think Willow and Mark going first didn't do 'em any favors.

We'll see how her placement will shake out next week.
    MReid likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I was shocked to see Willow and Mark in jeopardy this week, so I made sure to give any extra votes to them. I really dislike popularity contests....grumble mumble.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl View Post
    I was shocked to see Willow and Mark in jeopardy this week, so I made sure to give any extra votes to them. I really dislike popularity contests....grumble mumble.
    I know, I gave them some votes as well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I watched these two on Kelly and Michael. Willow has never danced, and she said she had such a great time learning, and she loved Marks choreography. She is a super nice kid, I am glad she was able to learn the love of dance. Mark , ya done good!
    ilja and Baby's Breath like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast