Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Alfonso Ribeiro & Witney Carson - Season 19

Alfonso Ribeiro & Witney Carson - Season 19

Alfonso Ribeiro
    Season 19

Paired with Witney Carson

Follow Alfonso on Twitter
    Follow Witney on Twitter

Alfonso’s interests and loves vary from acting, best known for his role as Carlton Banks on Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, to his active career today as a television director, host and voice-over. He made his first big role cast opposite Ricky Schroder in the long-running sitcom Silver Spoons, making him an instant teen idol. His directing credits include television shows Shake It Up, Are We There Yet? The Wannabes, Meet The Browns, Cuts, Eve, One on One, All of Us and Mighty Med on Disney XD.

Starting his acting career at the age of eight, Alfonso landed his first starring role in the Broadway musical The Tap Dance Kid, whereupon he was signed to famed music label Island Records. He became an overnight sensation, enamoring the likes of director Bob Geraldi, choreographer Michael Peters and “The King of Pop” Michael Jackson (who enlisted Alfonso in the infamous Pepsi commercial). After taking time to attend Cal State University, Los Angeles where he earned a Theater Arts education, Alfonso was offered a role in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. Alfonso played the memorable character of Carlton Banks, opposite his friend, Will Smith. Following six years on the popular series Fresh Prince, he was then approached by Quincy Jones to appear with L.L.Cool J in the NBC/UPN series In the House. Both can still be seen in syndication. In his free time, he plays sports and is a scratch golfer and a professional car racer, having received countless trophies and medals from numerous worldwide competitions. A native of The Bronx, New York, he currently resides in Southern California.

Witney Carson

Witney was born and raised in a small town called American Fork, Utah. She started her dancing career at the age of three. Being trained in many different dance styles including Ballet, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Lyrical, Tap, Latin and Standard Ballroom, she has competed and performed all over the world.

At the age of 18, Witney made top six (top three girls) on So You Think You Can Danceseason nine. She then joined ABC’s Dancing with the Stars Pro Troupe Team, where she performed and choreographed every week for two seasons. In 2014, Witney was promoted to a Pro dancer and was paired with partner Cody Simpson.

Dancing With The Stars Cast Members, Characters & Stars - ABC.com

Re: Alfonso Ribeiro & Witney Carson - Season 19

Seeing as he is the only one I've heard of before and seeing as I've always loved Carlton, he is easily my top favorite at the starting gate. I'm sure he's going to dance to Tom Jones.

Edited to say I was wrong. I forgot the pothead and I should have said so far because it looks like I might know a couple more.
    MsDiva2007, jucamer and MReid like this.
    Will you accept my Mirror-ball dancing Bachelor rose big bro as a MERICA Idol since we have such a connection?

will we see the Carlton dance and maybe a Will Smith sighting in the audience?
    ilja likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Team Alfonso all the way baby!!! Cannot wait to see him do my favorite dance the Tango. He will go far for sure

So rooting for Alfonso!
    ilja likes this.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Carlton and Jump On it aside, I get a Joey Fatone vibe from Alfonso.
    jucamer likes this.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Alfonso make a guest appearance on this show some seasons back? There's something picking at my brain that says he did. I'll try to get around to doing a search on it if no one clearly remembers.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

He and his girlfriend had their kitchen redone on The Kitchen Cousins show on HGTV. That is the first time I've seen him since Fresh Prince.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

He hosted a game show on GSN called Catch 21 a couple of years ago. It still airs in the afternoons in reruns.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

He was a guest on Dancing with the Stars in 2007. It took me a while to find it, but it's good to know my memory hasn't failed me completely.
    BTW likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast